• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should the SW US be ceded to Mexico?

Should the SW US be ceded back to mexico?

• Yes -- we took the land illegally

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not no, but hell no.

Votes: 11 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really don't see what giving it back would accomplish....I mean, heck, we "stole" a bunch of land from the Native Americans as well, should we relinquish all of that?

They're going to have a hell of a time convincing americans that they're wrong, especially if you're dealing with patriotic conservatives. We have enough anti-hispanic racism floating around to stomp on mexico if we didn't have middle east and korea to occupy us.
by the way, that website looks like it's just a crazy cult site. Most respectable organizations get a web designer or use a decent WYSISYG.
-all biased opinions in this post.

Stace said:
I really don't see what giving it back would accomplish....I mean, heck, we "stole" a bunch of land from the Native Americans as well, should we relinquish all of that?

We never stole land from them, we conquered the land, they never established nations or claimed land.

If Mexico could militarity conquer us, fine, but our border guards can take care ofthe mexican military.

However, the natives put up the best fight they can against the white invaders, while Dems and elitist Republicans in congress are overpowering a small group of Republicans standing up for the middle class. Why are we helping Mexico conquer us?

Look at the immigration rallies, with the US flag turned up side down, etc, saying this is our land, we're gonna conqeur it!*shows a flag of SW becoming Mexico*

Should we cede the land? **** no, no one's that insane, liberal or conservative no matter how extreme.

I was thinking that as part of the reparations we demand from Mexico for their on-going thirty year illegal invasion of the US we'd claim the Baja peninsula and force all the current residents to move to Mexico.

We didn't steal the land from Mexico. They started a war. They lost.

Oh, and if we "give" Mexico "back" the land you think we "stole", can we maintain an easment to the Gadsden purchase?

Normally, this is the kind of idea I scoff at. You don't give your land back, just because the way you got it was "not nice"; every patch of land occupied by one tribe of human beings or another is soaked in the blood of the tribe of humans that came before.

On the other hand... Mexicans outnumber everyone else in the Southwest, they act like it's still part of Mexico, and our government (State and Federal) is too spineless to do a single thing to disabuse them of this notion.

Be nice to have a secure southern border and fewer unassimilated-- or unassimilatable-- immigrants.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
We didn't steal the land from Mexico. They started a war. They lost.

Actually the United States started that war for the sole purpose of conquering the land. But whatever.

I agree that we shouldn't return the land, and anyone who says we should is an idiot.

A couple of things people should learn:

1) The only claim to territory or political power in any dictatorship is that of the ganglord. Any other group with great control of force can remove any amount of territory and/or power from any dictator without moral repercussions.

2) The aggressor nation in any war is the one that marches over the border, sends bullets over the borders, or otherwise initiates the use of force. Once the gloves are off, the outcome is a matter of ability. This includes any reparations demanded by the victor. One can also presume, reasonably so, that the agressor nation is the one issuing the first declaration of war, unless troops are in conflict first.

Now, on to Mexico.

They willingly let some Americans settle portions of Texas, notably Austin and his group, with the caveat, if I recall, that they become Papists. Since the Texan war of independence is not the Mexican American War, it's only relevance is the inability of the Mexicans to stand up to the agreements they made regarding the borders of the new Republic of Texas. Oh, and they got a little miffed when the independent state of Texas accepted an offer to become one of the sovereign states of the United States. Know what? That wasn't any of their business, no more than the marriage of someone's neighbor to his other neighbor. But is sure pissed off the damn Mexican dictator, didn't it?

Anyhow, the spoiled little children that couldn't accept the loss of Texas a decade before still contested the claim of the Rio Grande as border between Texas and Mexico. Since Mexico was under the control of a strong man who advocated a war with the US, Taylor prudently ordered US troops to the southern extremity of US territory, the Rio Grande, to protect US territory, as it is his duty to do.

Then, of course, it's the curious thing that Mexico declared war on the United States first. Sorta pops the liberal balloon of the US as an agitator and thief, doesn't it? The US was perfectly willing to both continue negotiations and purchase the territory it desired from Mexico, too. Pretty funny to claim that the US stole the land when the Mexicans abandoned talks, overthrew their own leader, and then started the war, wouldn't you say? All you need to do is look at a damn calendar to figure this stuff out.

Should we pool our resources to buy Kandahar a calendar?

To the victor goes the spoils.

If we were to right the "wrongs" of history, the entire globe would be flipped upside down.

Why not, we have done this very thing for the slaves of Africa, I think these people have a very good point, even if it's not one I agree with! The only reason this issue has not been pressed more, is that these people have adjusted, and don't want anything more then their chance at the American dream. These people work hard, and contribute much to the country, and now they are demanding their respect. I hear of the "forty acres and a mule" from the Africans, but the people from the south have been silent until now. I suspect we have indeed set ourselves up for this situation, and should reep the whirlwind!

H e l l no!
But we are setting the stage for this by allowing uncontrolled immigration and by the three governments(federal, state, and local) giving in to the Spanish language - under the guise of political correctness..
There is nothing at all that can be done about the tide of Mexican refugees, they are trying to escape a corrupt Mexican government that cares nothing about them..
At least 20, better 40 years ago, a national ID card system should have been instituted to separate the legal from the illegal immigrants.
Now it may be too late. Both the Demopublicians and the Republicrats are to blame,IMO. Now these same idiots want to build walls - this, of course, will work, providing trillions of dollars are spent....:rofl

Deegan said:
Why not, we have done this very thing for the slaves of Africa, I think these people have a very good point, even if it's not one I agree with! The only reason this issue has not been pressed more, is that these people have adjusted, and don't want anything more then their chance at the American dream. These people work hard, and contribute much to the country, and now they are demanding their respect. I hear of the "forty acres and a mule" from the Africans, but the people from the south have been silent until now. I suspect we have indeed set ourselves up for this situation, and should reep the whirlwind!

Last I checked, the government hasn't given out any mules or acreage deeds. If they want a chunk of America, they can fight for it. It's the age old solution to settle boundery lines.

GySgt said:
Last I checked, the government hasn't given out any mules or acreage deeds. If they want a chunk of America, they can fight for it. It's the age old solution to settle boundery lines.

They did, last I checked, half a million strong in L.A, I wouldn't rock that boat, but Americans feel comfortable doing so, but none would utter certain other words! This is an attack on a race, and it seems acceptable, I can certainly understand their position, and respect their numbers.

I believe over 5,000 illegals serve in your branch of the military Gunny, do you check papers before they have your back?:confused:

Kandahar said:
Actually the United States started that war for the sole purpose of conquering the land. But whatever.

I agree that we shouldn't return the land, and anyone who says we should is an idiot.
exactly, but there are those people out there that think backwards

Deegan said:
They did, last I checked, half a million strong in L.A, I wouldn't rock that boat, but Americans feel comfortable doing so, but none would utter certain other words! This is an attack on a race, and it seems acceptable, I can certainly understand their position, and respect their numbers.

I believe over 5,000 illegals serve in your branch of the military Gunny, do you check papers before they have your back?:confused:

Hmm. I don't know the numbers, but there are plenty of individuals who are not American citizens in uniform. This does not make them "illegals." I have a Marine from Africa and used to have a SgtMaj who was from Trinidad. They all serve admirably. They doing what they feel they must to "earn" their citizenship. I would say this is much more honorable than the guy who sneaks across the border and get's in the welfare line.

PS. If they wear the uniform, they have already been checked for clearances and have already earned the right to watch my back. Some even hold "Secret" clearances.

The cynic in me still likes this map from the last wedge issue.
jesusland.jpg

GySgt said:
Hmm. I don't know the numbers, but there are plenty of individuals who are not American citizens in uniform. This does not make them "illegals." I have a Marine from Africa and used to have a SgtMaj who was from Trinidad. They all serve admirably. They doing what they feel they must to "earn" their citizenship. I would say this is much more honorable than the guy who sneaks across the border and get's in the welfare line.

PS. If they wear the uniform, they have already been checked for clearances and have already earned the right to watch my back. Some even hold "Secret" clearances.

The point I am trying to make here is simple, if you want to be an American, and you work hard, and as I have stated, even defend this country, at the risk of your life......you deserve the right to be a part of this great country!

I have recently learned that over 17,000 illegals have joined our military, and that is something to be proud of, not something to try and fight, or restrict! We kiss the a$$ of certain immigrnts, and then smear those that are here to become one of us, I don't like it, I certainly don't agree with it, and I will fight to see it does not continue!

hipsterdufus said:
jesusland.jpg

I don't appreciate that map professor, honestly, I think it stinks, and you should be ashamed of yourself!:roll:

Deegan said:
The point I am trying to make here is simple, if you want to be an American, and you work hard, and as I have stated, even defend this country, at the risk of your life......you deserve the right to be a part of this great country!

I have recently learned that over 17,000 illegals have joined our military, and that is something to be proud of, not something to try and fight, or restrict! We kiss the a$$ of certain immigrnts, and then smear those that are here to become one of us, I don't like it, I certainly don't agree with it, and I will fight to see it does not continue!

I don't think that is what is happening. There are degrees of immigrants. Some merely come across the border and become a burden while others come across and contribute. We need to find a balance. There is no reason why these illegals can't come into the country the correct way.

hipsterdufus said:
jesusland.jpg

You're better than this. America is in no way shaping up to become this.

GySgt said:
I don't think that is what is happening. There are degrees of immigrants. Some merely come across the border and become a burden while others come across and contribute. We need to find a balance. There is no reason why these illegals can't come into the country the correct way.

Hello Gunny, you know as well as I, this country is great, and everyone wants to be here! These people would starve if they waited in that line, it's long, it's hard, and many couldn't pass even if they tried! But they could "sneak across" and still contribute, even though they didn't follow the rules, they are still an asset, not a burden!

Are we now going to tell Africans they are a burden to healthcare?

The answer is simple, HELL NO!

These folks have a history here, and I can not in good conscience, tell them their family members are felons, or not wanted, or accepted!

Deegan said:
Hello Gunny, you know as well as I, this country is great, and everyone wants to be here! These people would starve if they waited in that line, it's long, it's hard, and many couldn't pass even if they tried! But they could "sneak across" and still contribute, even though they didn't follow the rules, they are still an asset, not a burden!

The answer is simple, HELL NO!

These folks have a history here, and I can not in good conscience, tell them their family members are felons, or not wanted, or accepted!

That is our dillema. Today, our civilization lacks the stomach to do what, one day, might very well be necessary.

Deegan said:

Why not? Assuming that by "Africans" you don't only mean the American negro but that particular subset that thinks white people owe them a living, then sure, why shouldn't we tell them the bus stops here?

I mean, we can tell them that they can stay in the back if they like, but the driver is getting off and taking the keys with him.

Why should we restrict that to just black people, anyway?

Back
Top Bottom