• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should the presidential election be eliminated?

Should the presidential election be eliminated?

• Yes, each legislature of each state should pick - thus preserving the electoral college

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Stop kidding yourself. The courts have thrown out 40 cases so far. If Trump's lawyers had anything of substance, they would have presented it. They're not even pretending anymore. They're just doing faux legislative hearings in hotels now so the marks keep sending in money. This has all degenerated into another Trump scam.
In order for it to degenerate, it means there would have had to have been something legitimate there in the first place ...

In order for it to degenerate, it means there would have had to have been something legitimate there in the first place ...
Well, they were filing actual lawsuits before. Now they're just holding pretend hearings, like little girls at a tea party. I keep expecting to see stuffed animals and dolls in the pictures.

Stop kidding yourself. The courts have thrown out 40 cases so far. If Trump's lawyers had anything of substance, they would have presented it. They're not even pretending anymore. They're just doing faux legislative hearings in hotels now so the marks keep sending in money. This has all degenerated into another Trump scam.
"Stop kidding yourself."
I am not kidding myself in the least. The results of those hearings and rules will be their results. 🤷‍♂️

How does "The courts have thrown out 40 cases so far." have anything to do with "the Trump legal team has the civil and Constitutional right to take their cases to the court" ?

The position "the Trump legal team has the civil and Constitutional right to take their cases to the court" doesn't speak to the courts hearing the cases and dismissing them, other than insisting that the proper exercising of those rights be maintained, which is the position that I've taken. This entire process needs to play out in its entirety according to the civil and Constitutional rights and applicable laws. This is the only thing that my position is insisting be allowed to occur.

"They're just doing faux legislative hearings in hotels now so the marks keep sending in money. This has all degenerated into another Trump scam."
They do as they do and there's is nothing illegal in their doing this.
I have a standing policy of never contributing to political campaigns or politicians, so this is no skin off my back.

"Stop kidding yourself."
I am not kidding myself in the least. The results of those hearings and rules will be their results. 🤷‍♂️

How does "The courts have thrown out 40 cases so far." have anything to do with "the Trump legal team has the civil and Constitutional right to take their cases to the court" ?

The position "the Trump legal team has the civil and Constitutional right to take their cases to the court" doesn't speak to the courts hearing the cases and dismissing them, other than insisting that the proper exercising of those rights be maintained, which is the position that I've taken. This entire process needs to play out in its entirety according to the civil and Constitutional rights and applicable laws. This is the only thing that my position is insisting be allowed to occur.

"They're just doing faux legislative hearings in hotels now so the marks keep sending in money. This has all degenerated into another Trump scam."
They do as they do and there's is nothing illegal in their doing this.
I have a standing policy of never contributing to political campaigns or politicians, so this is no skin off my back.
Sure they have the right to file cases and hope does spring eternal that maybe, just maybe, they'll include some actual evidence in the next one, but I doubt it. Biden will be inaugurated on January 20th. This isn't playing out. It's just a game to scam the suckers one more time as Trump goes out the door.

Sure they have the right to file cases and hope does spring eternal that maybe, just maybe, they'll include some actual evidence in the next one, but I doubt it. Biden will be inaugurated on January 20th. This isn't playing out. It's just a game to scam the suckers one more time as Trump goes out the door.
The 'Playing out' is in reference to allowing the legal process in the courts to proceed as it will, not for any particular expected outcome from those legal proceedings.

WIth the present division in the electorate it is vital that this process be allowed to play out as it will, to whatever results it concludes with. Leaving nearly 1/2 of the electorate with the belief that this process was somehow short circuited or abridged is not going to end well.
It is vital that this process be allowed to play out as it will, to whatever results it concludes with for that reason.

I would rather have martial law, declare the current election invalid and give the Presidency to the rightful winner...Trump. (if it comes down to that)

And THEN...spend the next four years making sure this illegal election fraud can never happen again.

That sounds like a dictatorship. Maybe we should get rid of elections altogether and just give Trump the title of ''The Leader'' and Trump can rule through some sort of leadership principle:

The 'Playing out' is in reference to allowing the legal process in the courts to proceed as it will, not for any particular expected outcome from those legal proceedings.

WIth the present division in the electorate it is vital that this process be allowed to play out as it will, to whatever results it concludes with. Leaving nearly 1/2 of the electorate with the belief that this process was somehow short circuited or abridged is not going to end well.
It is vital that this process be allowed to play out as it will, to whatever results it concludes with for that reason.

Trump losing 50 frivolous lawsuits isn’t enough for the wingnuts but a few more frivolous lawsuits getting tossed will make them comfortable acknowledging Trump’s landslide loss? Malarkey!

Trump losing 50 frivolous lawsuits isn’t enough for the wingnuts but a few more frivolous lawsuits getting tossed will make them comfortable acknowledging Trump’s landslide loss? Malarkey!
You have an issue with the Trump legal team exercising their civil and Constitutional rights?
You have an issue with that process playing out to whatever results it arrives at?

As close as the election results that we presently have are, how do they qualify as a 'landslide'?

I see your point, but this is what the existing laws and the Constitution prescribe as the process. It very well may not completely unify the nation (this is seriously doubtful in any case), but at this point it's all we got in the existing laws and the Constitution for this situation.

You have an issue with the Trump legal team exercising their civil and Constitutional rights?
You have an issue with that process playing out to whatever results it arrives at?

As close as the election results that we presently have are, how do they qualify as a 'landslide'?

I see your point, but this is what the existing laws and the Constitution prescribe as the process. It very well may not completely unify the nation (this is seriously doubtful in any case), but at this point it's all we got in the existing laws and the Constitution for this situation.

The election wasn’t close. Biden got 81 million votes (+7 million) and 306 electoral votes (+74). Endless filing of frivolous lawsuits that then get laughed out of court may be legal but it’s not part of “the process.” This is a sore loser attempting to delegitimize his landslide loss for his cult.

It's already pretty much played out. Powell's case is ludicrous and will be thrown out shortly. The legislative hearings are shams. Nearly half the electorate is going to have to suck it up. Losing isn't fun, but it happens. The results are certified. The electors have been chosen. The rest is a scam.

The election wasn’t close. Biden got 81 million votes (+7 million) and 306 electoral votes (+74). Endless filing of frivolous lawsuits that then get laughed out of court may be legal but it’s not part of “the process.” This is a sore loser attempting to delegitimize his landslide loss for his cult.

Joe Biden, has far surpassed that tally, setting a new record with more than 80,026,000 votes (51% of the total), and counting, in the 2020 election.

51% of the vote is a landslide? I would have thought that it would have have to be larger percentage to be a landslide.

It's already pretty much played out. Powell's case is ludicrous and will be thrown out shortly. The legislative hearings are shams. Nearly half the electorate is going to have to suck it up. Losing isn't fun, but it happens. The results are certified. The electors have been chosen. The rest is a scam.
I'll let the process and the courts do their thing and come to their rulings and conclusions.

A joko thread. Nuff said

I understand the claim that the hundreds of witnesses are all liars and it is A-OK if the chips, mail in envelopes and ballots are throw away to prevent any auditing. But even if true, that means that it is literally impossible to have any way to know if the election was legitimate or not. Lack of prove of a crime or who committed it never means there was no crime. Despite this, massive billions upon billions are spent on the election and campaigning.

Rather than having fake elections for show, should elections be eliminated? A small group of the international super rich own all television stations, newspapers and nearly all internet "news" outlets that now are censoring anything contrary to their profit and power interests. There is no manner to police mail-in ballots since all this is done by partisan political election offices on a local basis for which it only takes one corrupt partisan official to completely reverse election outcomes with exactly nothing anyone can do about it.

Wouldn't it be more truth to have a committee consisting of the top 12 richest people in the USA, the current heads of the NSA, CIA, DOJ and FBI, and the top Republican and Democrat of the Senate and House to meet and elect the president. An alternative would be to have the Senate or House of Representatives pick the president - or some other parliamentary system? If each state's legislature picked their electors directly it would preserve the electoral college.
I don't think taking the vote away from the people is the answer.

I say get competent people working the election commissions and competent people working polling stations.

Hint: That already happens. That's why voter fraud in the country in something like 0.0000007% of all votes cast. We have a secure vote process across the country.

51% of the vote is a landslide? I would have thought that it would have have to be larger percentage to be a landslide.

I'll let the process and the courts do their thing and come to their rulings and conclusions.
They already have. x40!

When people say the election was a landslide, it's because trump said he won in a landslide back in 2016. With 306 electoral votes and he lost the popular vote on top of that.

I would rather have martial law, declare the current election invalid and give the Presidency to the rightful winner...Trump. (if it comes down to that)

And THEN...spend the next four years making sure this illegal election fraud can never happen again.
Sure. All you or trump have to do is prove there was illegal activity in this election cycle. Why can't you. Why can't trump or his legal team? Even judges trump put into place are throwing out his fraudulent claims.

When people say the election was a landslide, it's because trump said he won in a landslide back in 2016. With 306 electoral votes and he lost the popular vote on top of that.
Republican vocabulary is a flexible thing. Word meanings change according to who's ox they gore. 😁

With all the whining about this fake news fraud.
Only 2 want to change the process?

I voted no, 100% no fraud, but that is false. There is some fraud in every election. Out of 150M voters, there's always going to be a few who try to fraud the system.
The actual number shouldn't be 100% but more like 99.99993% accurate.

Republican vocabulary is a flexible thing. Word meanings change according to who's ox they gore. 😁
Not to pick on republicans, but they don't seem to understand word definitions in some cases.

A lot of emotion based meanings. Look at how many try to claims communism as the goal of democrats. I've never heard anyone claiming for the state to own all the means of production and labor.

The dismissal of Christopher Krebs, director of DHS's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, follows the agency's declaration that the general election was the most secure in U.S. history.

The statement served as a pointed rebuke to a president who continues to make unsubstantiated allegations of voting fraud while Trump's legal team pursues multiple legal challenges in battleground states.
"There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised," the agency reported last Thursday in an assessment joined by a coalition of election security groups, including the National Association of State Election Directors. "All of the states with close results in the 2020 presidential race have paper records of each vote, allowing the ability to go back and count each ballot if necessary. This is an added benefit for security and resilience. This process allows for the identification and correction of any mistakes or errors."

This statement was made by tRUMPs hand picked director of DHS's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.

AG Barr, also stated, there's not enough fraud to change the election outcome. AG Barr, also trump handpicked AG.

Basically, this massive fraud claims is 99.9999993% FAKE NEWS.

FWIW, the video evidence that was presented indicated that there may have been "spare" ballots injected into the system.

If you have a collection of 500 verified ballots and 500 unverified ballots then you have 1000 ballots and if you count them 1000 times it should always come out that you have 1000 ballots. What those recounts miss, however, is the issue of whether those unverified ballots were cast legitimately or fraudulently.
It was a republican state. And the counties in this republican state are largel republican counties. So, which party likely injected the "spare" ballots into the system. If it even happened at all.

The most accurate answer is that neither of the election results were landslides, isn't it?

The most accurate answer is that neither of the election results were landslides, isn't it?
Partisans typically don't care about accuracy. It's always party over everything.

And then there are many, like trump who like to brag. And then there are those who like to throw people's BS back in the faces of those who brag.

Last edited:
That sounds like a dictatorship. Maybe we should get rid of elections altogether and just give Trump the title of ''The Leader'' and Trump can rule through some sort of leadership principle:

If Biden ends up being President, our elections will be meaningless forever.

Back
Top Bottom