• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should the Police Crack-Down on All This Anti-Trump Violence?

Is Enough Enough?

• Total voters

ChezC3

Relentless Thinking Fury
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
It seems every time I turn on the news there is another report of anti-Trump violence.

Is enough enough?

Why should the police treat it any differently to any other examples of violence?

It seems every time I turn on the news there is another report of anti-Trump violence.

Is enough enough?

You can bet this would have stopped day one if that happen during Obama's run ! :shock:

Is enough enough?

Nope, they should be taking names and addresses, that way the Trump Brown Shirts can round them up later if he is elected Fuhrer, oh wait I mean President, opps.

By doing what?

What I would like to see are non violent protesters who make their opinion known with dignity and respect for themselves and the opinion of others. All should recognize the benefits of conversation rather than confrontation.
When necessary, law enforcement should position themselves to physically shield participants of meetings and rallies from the presence of violent protesters by blocking the protesters with shields and by sheer numbers, but without engaging.

Is enough enough?

This administration has turn the police into empty uniforms !! :roll:

Peaceful protests are welcome. Violent protests are not. Lawful order should be maintained.

Really, really simple.

Those who assault others for their political opinions, who mace children, and who assault police....

.....yeah. They deserve to get a good crack around the skull. I wouldn't support a police riot, but I'd support handling them by shutting them down with force.

Too close to the truth for ya?

Every single election that I have seen one candidate or the other has been compared to Hitler and claims that they would act just like Hitler. Not once has it turned out to be true. It's simple fear mongering is all that it is. So no, its not "too close to the truth", it more like "idiotic statement made by partisan hacks".

I object - Mussolini was actually highly intelligent, and had a cogent, well-thought-out political philosophy.

Ha. I never thought I'd see you say something like this. Well done.

Is enough enough?

Garden variety thuggery, nothing more and no special treatment just law enforcement doing their jobs.

I object - Mussolini was actually highly intelligent, and had a cogent, well-thought-out political philosophy.

Which is why every single plan he had turned into a liability, right?

Ethiopia---Italians need gas and massive air support to defeat a country which by all accounts wasn't exactly a formidable opponent---in the process totally alienating most of the world.

Albania---Added to total alienation, gained......uh.....what does Albania produce again? Bunkers?

Greece---utter fiasco, Germans had to bail them out, nearly lost Albania in the process.

France---Italy launches an attack with France already on the ropes but still doesn't gain much territory.

North Africa---Inital offensive turns into England grabbing half of Libya, requires a genius(Erwin Rommel) to turn things around, at least for a while.

Mussolini committed Italy to war far before the military was ready and as a result he doomed them to defeat.

Every single election that I have seen one candidate or the other has been compared to Hitler and claims that they would act just like Hitler. Not once has it turned out to be true. It's simple fear mongering is all that it is. So no, its not "too close to the truth", it more like "idiotic statement made by partisan hacks".

We have never had anyone afflicted with the level of Narcissism that The Donald displays daily, it is obvious he believes in his own hype, I personally consider it a form of mental illness. But hey support him if he is Your Kinda Guy.

Which is why every single plan he had turned into a liability, right?

Ethiopia---Italians need gas and massive air support to defeat a country which by all accounts wasn't exactly a formidable opponent---in the process totally alienating most of the world.

Albania---Added to total alienation, gained......uh.....what does Albania produce again? Bunkers?

Greece---utter fiasco, Germans had to bail them out, nearly lost Albania in the process.

France---Italy launches an attack with France already on the ropes but still doesn't gain much territory.

North Africa---Inital offensive turns into England grabbing half of Libya, requires a genius(Erwin Rommel) to turn things around, at least for a while.

Mussolini committed Italy to war far before the military was ready and as a result he doomed them to defeat.

Mussolini overreached militarily, sure. So did Lee. That doesn't make either man unintelligent, but simply men. Mussolini was the intellectual force behind Fascism - Hitler was a populist know-nothing ranter who caught a wave and rode it.

Mussolini overreached militarily, sure. So did Lee. That doesn't make either man unintelligent, but simply men. Mussolini was the intellectual force behind Fascism - Hitler was a populist know-nothing ranter who caught a wave and rode it.

It was a little bit more then a simple overreach IMO......

He vastly underestimated the opposition, tied himself to the very end to a band of especially effective fanatics and overall had a very blinkered world view. At least he managed to get the trains running smoothly :lamo

It was a little bit more then a simple overreach IMO......

Oh, I dunno. Invading Russia on the same day of the year that Napoleon did strikes me as probably the winner for that contest.

We have never had anyone afflicted with the level of Narcissism that The Donald displays daily, it is obvious he believes in his own hype, I personally consider it a form of mental illness. But hey support him if he is Your Kinda Guy.

1: I don't support him. :shrug: Believe it or not telling someone how stupid their statement is does not automatically mean that they support Trump, or anyone else for that matter.

2: Hillary displays the same amount of narcissism as Trump. Though I'm sure you'll disagree.

1: I don't support him. :shrug: Believe it or not telling someone how stupid their statement is does not automatically mean that they support Trump, or anyone else for that matter.

2: Hillary displays the same amount of narcissism as Trump. Though I'm sure you'll disagree.

Yes, I do disagree, oh and I am no supporter of hers either, as an Inde I have been left with no viable choices by the two Big Two Parties and the others are a waste of time. Just kicking around empty cans at this point.

Back
Top Bottom