• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should the New Twitter CEO Elon Musk bring back Donald Trump?

Should the New Twitter CEO Elon Musk bring back Donald Trump?

• Total voters

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I definitely think it is time to bring back Donald Trump.

Elon Musk is a freedom of speech fundamentalist.

It will be good for Twitter to finally have competent management. Now the company has legs. Musk with his proven track record with Tesla and SpaceX is a proven winner. He will make Twitter great.

Let us hope Musk is not a free speech absolutist.

As for Trump, no. He was destructive, puerile, and made millions of others into worse versions of themselves with that thing. Let him stay on his own special social media platform.

If he can prove that he can abide by the terms of service, then I'm not against it.

Elon should make Donald part of Twitter's special counsel to change their terms of services.

The platform is toxic. Donald and Elon can make it great.

It will be good for Twitter to finally have competent management. Now the company has legs. Musk with his proven track record with Tesla and SpaceX is a proven winner. He will make Twitter great.

This should not be about Trump, and to make it about Trump would be erroneous.

It is about Terms of Service.

Those that abide by the ToS should be allowed to post, those that do not abide by ToS should not be allowed tp post. Nothing to do with Trump. He's a non-issue, and irrelevant to the determinant factors in platform access.

This should not be about Trump, and to make it about Trump would be erroneous.

It is about Terms of Service.

Those that abide by the ToS should be allowed to post, those that do not abide by ToS should not be allowed tp post. Nothing to do with Trump. He's a non-issue, and irrelevant to the determinant factors in platform access.

The new owner of the platform can change the terms of services? Correct?

Elon's first duty should be to fire everyone on the worthless Board and boot the CEO.

He then should get rid of all blue check marks.

Yes, he believes he should be able to manipulate stock prices freely.

I'm pretty sure that Musk is not the Twitter Savior. Time will tell.

If he hopes to recoup some of that investment, hell yeah.

Oh please bring him back....pity his poor lawyers.

Let us hope Musk is not a free speech absolutist.

As for Trump, no. He was destructive, puerile, and made millions of others into worse versions of themselves with that thing. Let him stay on his own special social media platform.

Yeah, but the 1st A is there to specifically protect the speech we hate the most.

And yeah, this is not really a 'free speech' issue; it's a terms-of-service-issue. As long as Musk applies the Twitter ToS equally & evenly, if Trump gets back on that's fair. If he breaks ToS again, kick his ass back off along with the other non-compliers.

The new owner of the platform can change the terms of services? Correct?

Elon's first duty should be to fire everyone on the worthless Board and boot the CEO.

He then should get rid of all blue check marks.

Yes, the bolded is true.

If he can prove that he can abide by the terms of service, then I'm not against it.

Agreed. As long as he can adhere to the TOS.

Trump says “not so fast.”

Trump also lies a lot, so that must be considered. How often were we told that the details of TrumpCare, the best in all of history medical care plan, which would cover everyone and cost less, was coming soon? ;)

Trump will likely not reward Twitter with his presence at this point.

I have become less and less sympathetic to the "absolute free speech on social media" crowd over time. Those platforms already exist - 4chan, Gab, Parler - but they are basically just asshole factories. They are completely unusable for normal people.

There is a reason that people associate Gab with Nazis, Parler with insurrectionists, 4chan with pedophiles and other assorted creeps. Maybe there is normal content on those platforms too...but when you allow that sort of stuff, that's what your platform becomes known for. And it starts attracting people looking for that stuff.

Maybe the moderation policies on Twitter could be better/different. Certainly there are people who have been banned who shouldn't have been. But I don't see any way that Twitter could become a "free speech" platform and still be popular.

But I don't see any way that Twitter could become a "free speech" platform and still be popular.
It will only be unpopular to the infantile easily triggered and generationally indoctrinated progressives who are incapable of processing opposing views without the guarantee of a safe space, or the promise of silencing the people who may trigger them.

NORMAL people will not be affected by the presence of contrary ideas and thoughts. They are able to ignore things without it causing them some form of infantile discomfort.

Remains to be seen if Twitter retains the same TOS though.

Reactions: lwf
No. Banned is banned.

It will only be unpopular to the infantile easily triggered and generationally indoctrinated progressives who are incapable of processing opposing views without the guarantee of a safe space, or the promise of silencing the people who may trigger them.

NORMAL people will not be affected by the presence of contrary ideas and thoughts. They are able to ignore things without it causing them some form of infantile discomfort.
So it will become Gab. Why would that be a good thing, either for Twitter itself or its users?

Back
Top Bottom