• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should the moderators exercise their ability to remove polls made to insult?

Should moderators exercise their ability to remove polls that are meant to insult?

• Yes - It degrades the ultimate purpose of this site

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Yes - "The right to refuse service" applies just like any other business

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • No - What is this...Commie China?!?!

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • No - It inhibits the flow of free thought

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Who cares? - quit yer bitchin'!

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters
VERY WELL PUT STATEMENT. However, those cd's and music you speak of doesnt say the word ni@@er is says ----- which is different

i meant to say ni@@a :lol:

I think the dirty looks and ass kicking you'll recieve by using the word inappropriately are punishment enough.

I totally agree with that statement. I think the amount of suing going on is rediculous. I think we shouldnt allow black people to get something out of nothing. They should earn there way to get rich just like everyone else. :lol:

SKILMATIC said:
Yes, you say this in any public place expect a lawsuit and jail time for being racist. However, I think in Alabama there schools teach the word under history class. So I think its all in perspective how you use it. Now if you are using it to teach history then ok. But if you are calling someone that name then its obviously wrong.

To me its just terminology. We as a nation have used other terms like:gouks(referring to mainly vietnamese but also other orientals), skinnies(referring to somolians), and redman(native americans).

If someone called me white trash I wouldn't care. Thats your opinion and your entitled to it. Just be ready for karma to set in, :lol:

Maybe that is just your state, I have never heard of the word being illegal. In fact people at my school got into fights over it, they got criminal punishment for the fight, but not because the girl used the word ni**er. People say it all the time.

ban.the.electoral.college said:
Well, I don't care what the law says on the matter. As much as I dislike the word, and feel guilt over the post-slavery black situation, I think it is anti-american to outlaw words. I think the dirty looks and ass kicking you'll recieve by using the word inappropriately are punishment enough. In fact, I like to know who is a bigot and who isn't. It helps you know where people stand.

Surely you feel guilty for the pre-civil war situation as well. It's worse really, but then most of Western civilisation is built on slavery, and quite a lot of current world economics is built on a system akin to slavery, get paid a pittance that barely covers food and rent, while slaves were given food and board by their owners.

Surely you feel guilty for the pre-civil war situation as well. It's worse really, but then most of Western civilisation is built on slavery, and quite a lot of current world economics is built on a system akin to slavery, get paid a pittance that barely covers food and rent, while slaves were given food and board by their owners.

Surely you feel guilty too. Having been most of your people were the ones doing the enslavements. Since after all, most of the people who settleed here were from GB. Remember, they came becasue of religious persecution becasue of the Protestant reformation from good ole Henry VIII. Not to mention there was a war called the revolutionary war becasue your country tarrifed the Colonies up the ass to pay for the 7yrs war. Dont think GB is any far from perfect either. Amatter a fact Europe is the contitent that is directly responsible for most of the attrocities that have occured throughout mans history all over the world. Even in the early crusades era in the early 300-1300AD. The crusaders were sent to the middle east from spain and GB to persecute the muslims into be christians. However, thecrusaders were smart enough to notice that the Muslims were actually more culturally advanced then that of the europeans. Becasue they were still in the dark ages most of that time and having to deal with the Bubonic plague for nearly 3centuries during 1250-1500AD. So that being the case, the crusaders instead of battling against the muslims were actually trading with them. The muslims actually produced one of the first telescopes and they also produced other neat gadgets to improve life. So the europeans traded nice furs and vegetables and other goods.

Sorry for the history lesson. But I can go on and on about every and any nation of people who had there times of attrocities and slavery like ways.

freethought6t9 said:

It's tough thing, having a concience!

SKILMATIC said:
Sorry for the history lesson. But I can go on and on about every and any nation of people who had there times of attrocities and slavery like ways.

No harm done. It makes for interesting banter, no doubt!

SKILMATIC said:
Surely you feel guilty too. Having been most of your people were the ones doing the enslavements. Since after all, most of the people who settleed here were from GB. Remember, they came becasue of religious persecution becasue of the Protestant reformation from good ole Henry VIII. Not to mention there was a war called the revolutionary war becasue your country tarrifed the Colonies up the ass to pay for the 7yrs war. Dont think GB is any far from perfect either. Amatter a fact Europe is the contitent that is directly responsible for most of the attrocities that have occured throughout mans history all over the world. Even in the early crusades era in the early 300-1300AD. The crusaders were sent to the middle east from spain and GB to persecute the muslims into be christians. However, thecrusaders were smart enough to notice that the Muslims were actually more culturally advanced then that of the europeans. Becasue they were still in the dark ages most of that time and having to deal with the Bubonic plague for nearly 3centuries during 1250-1500AD. So that being the case, the crusaders instead of battling against the muslims were actually trading with them. The muslims actually produced one of the first telescopes and they also produced other neat gadgets to improve life. So the europeans traded nice furs and vegetables and other goods.

That was kind of what I meant by most of western civilisation being built on slavery, I do feel guilt, that's why I support causes that try to redress the balance, Europe is incredibly generous to the third world but when calculated as a percentage of GNP (in my opinion the most accurate way) then the U.S. ranks lowest on a list of industrialised nations and Japan gives more, actually more money.

And I have long been a proponent of the view that the "Dark Ages" is a eurocentric term as the middle east was making fantastic progress, I always like to think this was caused by the massive Jewish exodus. People who know me have often heard me say, you want civilisation, follow the Jews. Although this ignores far-east asian advances.

SKILMATIC said:

Hey, I agree, thats what I meant by the whole most of western civilisation remark. I was simply confused by ban's use of language talking of guilt of post-slavery treatment of african americans. There were a lot of Dutch settlers as well, nut your point still stands.

(in my opinion the most accurate way) then the U.S. ranks lowest on a list of industrialised nations and Japan gives more, actually more money.

THIS IS FALSE WE ARE BY FAR THE MOST INDUSTRIALIZED NATION IN THE WORLD. That is why we won the war in Japan becasue we were soindustrialized. Let me give you some more history.

In the dawn of ww2 for america we still had most of the same armament that we had in ww1(we did have some new innovations). There were a few companies that built things for the Britts so they could fight the germans(you may recall the Lend Lease act). We as a nation were too busy industrializing ousleves with home appliances, cars, and other goods like the tv. However, while we were watching tv and playing games our fun loving europeans were building bombs and war machines. So when we got attacked in pearl, it opened our eyes. Right after that FDR and the gov. went to every motor company and factry and told them that if they built tanks, armored vehicles and other war machines they would pay for it since we were getting so much money from european countries(which btw they still owe us) for our war goods we had an infinite amount of spending power. Therefore, we went and did a whole 180degree turn from making household goods to "Rosie the riviter". Becasue of this the Japanese Admiral new Japans industrial power was in no match for the Americans muscle might. He knew that there was only a mattter of time till the japanses could no longer survive(not to mention japan was starving of oil). And you need oil to do any industrialization in case if you didnt know that.

However, aside from that heres some interesting facts. On the year of 1940 the US was able to out produce Japan in every aspect of building by 300%. Also another reason we were able to out produce was becasue we had waaaay more factories and waaay more people with waaay more land. In 1940 JAPANS population was about 68million. The US population was about 140million. We also outproduced Germany by 185%. INteresting huh? Also another interesting fact is in Pennsylvania (which is where alot of the metal factories are)that stae alone produced more steel and iron and other metals in 1 day than the whole entire country of japan did in 1 month.

The US was and still is the strongest industrial power by far.

SKILMATIC said:
Also another interesting fact is in Pennsylvania (which is where alot of the metal factories are)that stae alone produced more steel and iron and other metals in 1 day than the whole entire country of japan did in 1 month.
Take that New Jersey!!!

Did you also know that for every battle ship japan could produce; the US would produce 10 in the same time japan could produce 1? You can evident this to when we got bombed we losed a huge fleet of naval ships. Well in the course of 2 years we built a navy soo emphatically large in the peak of WW2 we had a navy so large it was bigger than Germanys, Russians, and GB combined. It was also 5 times larger than japans although japan had the largest single battleship(Yamada)nt sure of the spelling. We also produced soo many B17 and B25 that we could make 200 WTC's out of them.

However, Russia had a bigger emphasis on U-boats. Germanys emphasis was on aircraft. They had some of the most advanced ideas. However, becasue of our industrializatio we won the war decisively.

Originally posted by cnredd:
28 people disagree with you by voting "Yes" to this poll...which is a majority of those who voted...
Just admit you are for censorship when you hear things that don't echo your feelings. Admit you would rather silence an opposing voice than confront something that is common to everyone.

Give me a post in which you admitted you were wrong on any topic. You've got over 1600 posts, and I got a feeling you have never admitted in any of them you were wrong. I'm not saying your wrong 1 out of 1600 times, I just don't think it ever crosses your mind.

If this is wrong, prove it!

Billo_Really said:
Just admit you are for censorship when you hear things that don't echo your feelings. Admit you would rather silence an opposing voice than confront something that is common to everyone.

Give me a post in which you admitted you were wrong on any topic. You've got over 1600 posts, and I got a feeling you have never admitted in any of them you were wrong. I'm not saying your wrong 1 out of 1600 times, I just don't think it ever crosses your mind.

If this is wrong, prove it!

As to your first sentence, anyone discussing this in the last three days with me has now saw that my stance is nowhere near that....maybe you should ask freethought6t9 about his thoughts about me on this...he used to think that way about me to...but he figured it out in two days...you haven't figured it out in two months...

As to the second part....where I never admit I'm wrong....

Bias In the Media -"What Fox News Channel Would Have Done To Rosa Parks"...Post #64

26 X World Champs said:
Backpeddling a bit don't you think? Let me remind you what YOU wrote:

You made a statement that was untrue and I found one simple example to prove your statement was false, get over it. Pride is one of the seven deadly sins because it interferes with someones ability to be honest with themselves so they backpedal and try to twist the truth to serve their prideful purposes, you know?

Yes, you are correct, it is your fault, you finally got it right.

My response...

Notice how I gave a public admission on my own and without anyone having to chase me down for it? I saw the error, quickly acknowledged it, and accepted blame. That would be the opposite of "prideful purposes", wouldn't it be?
Wheras most people would think that would be an honorable thing to do, you seem to relish in my mistake in asking for one example, instead of asking for more. Gloating is yours....be happy in acknowledging that you have found one example....I'm sure that will be your basis for any arguments now...

lalalalalalalalalal...anything else, Mr. Foot In Mouth?

Last edited:
Originally posted by cnredd:
Notice how I gave a public admission on my own and without anyone having to chase me down for it? I saw the error, quickly acknowledged it, and accepted blame. That would be the opposite of "prideful purposes", wouldn't it be?
Wheras most people would think that would be an honorable thing to do, you seem to relish in my mistake in asking for one example, instead of asking for more. Gloating is yours....be happy in acknowledging that you have found one example....I'm sure that will be your basis for any arguments now...

lalalalalalalalalal...anything else, Mr. Foot In Mouth?
Your argument here is missing something. It's called, "coherence". I don't have a clue as to who you were talking too, and who was responding. Was your apology the one telling champs he was wrong? I'm confused. Your not making sense.

Your not going to prove anything to me as long as your responding to someone else's posts. You won't answer my questions. You just make up silly little jingoisms, and call it a day. That says more about you, than it does about me. I don't think, after 1600+ comments you have made, that you haven't any intention of debating from a place of honesty. You got truth issues.

SKILMATIC said:
THIS IS FALSE WE ARE BY FAR THE MOST INDUSTRIALIZED NATION IN THE WORLD. That is why we won the war in Japan becasue we were soindustrialized. Let me give you some more history.

In the dawn of ww2 for america we still had most of the same armament that we had in ww1(we did have some new innovations). There were a few companies that built things for the Britts so they could fight the germans(you may recall the Lend Lease act). We as a nation were too busy industrializing ousleves with home appliances, cars, and other goods like the tv. However, while we were watching tv and playing games our fun loving europeans were building bombs and war machines. So when we got attacked in pearl, it opened our eyes. Right after that FDR and the gov. went to every motor company and factry and told them that if they built tanks, armored vehicles and other war machines they would pay for it since we were getting so much money from european countries(which btw they still owe us) for our war goods we had an infinite amount of spending power. Therefore, we went and did a whole 180degree turn from making household goods to "Rosie the riviter". Becasue of this the Japanese Admiral new Japans industrial power was in no match for the Americans muscle might. He knew that there was only a mattter of time till the japanses could no longer survive(not to mention japan was starving of oil). And you need oil to do any industrialization in case if you didnt know that.

However, aside from that heres some interesting facts. On the year of 1940 the US was able to out produce Japan in every aspect of building by 300%. Also another reason we were able to out produce was becasue we had waaaay more factories and waaay more people with waaay more land. In 1940 JAPANS population was about 68million. The US population was about 140million. We also outproduced Germany by 185%. INteresting huh? Also another interesting fact is in Pennsylvania (which is where alot of the metal factories are)that stae alone produced more steel and iron and other metals in 1 day than the whole entire country of japan did in 1 month.

The US was and still is the strongest industrial power by far.

Okay, I read my post again, I was referring to foriegn aid but didn't actually say it:doh sorry. Thats the list of industrialised nations with the U.S. on the bottom, amount of foriegn aid calculated as a percentage of GNP.

Mind you if I had meant that the U.S. is the least industrialised of all the industrialised nations, that would have been the biggest lie I ever told.

Okay, I read my post again, I was referring to foriegn aid but didn't actually say it sorry. Thats the list of industrialised nations with the U.S. on the bottom, amount of foriegn aid calculated as a percentage of GNP.

No worries mate.

Mind you if I had meant that the U.S. is the least industrialised of all the industrialised nations, that would have been the biggest lie I ever told.

Well I can find some other ones if youd like(sarcasm):lol:

Back
Top Bottom