• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should the moderators exercise their ability to remove polls made to insult?

Should moderators exercise their ability to remove polls that are meant to insult?

• Yes - It degrades the ultimate purpose of this site

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Yes - "The right to refuse service" applies just like any other business

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • No - What is this...Commie China?!?!

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • No - It inhibits the flow of free thought

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Who cares? - quit yer bitchin'!

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters
HTColeman said:
But how will you know who wins the contest?

Moderators make up a scorecard...It'll be reported on SportsCenter...

cnredd said:

:rofl Who made that 10 character rule? I just wanted to post a smiley, and it told me I had to put at least 10 characters, so here you go.

cnredd said:

All of my posts are "WebGems" and "Top Ten Nominees"....

I just thought of this...

How about the moderators just CHANGE the title of an offending Poll or Thread...

"The ACLU will kill us all yet." could be made into "Issues with the ACLU" or "ACLU - Pros and Cons".

cnredd said:
I just thought of this...

How about the moderators just CHANGE the title of an offending Poll or Thread...

"The ACLU will kill us all yet." could be made into "Issues with the ACLU" or "ACLU - Pros and Cons".

I approve, that is a wonderful idea, unless the title itself is meant to prove a point.

HTColeman said:
This post is good and has excellent points., that is a wonderful idea, unless the title itself is meant to prove a point.

Once again, I'm willing to let the Mods decide...maybe they could private message the person who originally made the poll to see if there is an angle to the title that may not be offensive. That may not be a good idea though...

I'm sure I can find a legitimate reason when I post "Billo Really Sniffs Glue For A Living".:twisted:

cnredd said:
Once again, I'm willing to let the Mods decide...maybe they could private message the person who originally made the poll to see if there is an angle to the title that may not be offensive. That may not be a good idea though...

I'm sure I can find a legitimate reason when I post "Billo Really Sniffs Glue For A Living".:twisted:

"I was comparing how making a living these days is like sniffing glue, the money gets you high, but it is damaging to your soul, so it is really just a metaphor"

"I wanted to open people's eyes to the dangers of glue!"

"I wanted to start a discussion on whether people should sniff glue for a living, what kind of pay would it get? Who would do it? ...Why would someone sniff glue you say? Well, to make sure it is quality glue, duh!"

niiiiiiiccccceeeee......

Originally posted by cnredd:

I'm sure I can find a legitimate reason when I post "Billo Really Sniffs Glue For A Living".
I'd like to see you post a source for that thread. If you can't, just have your lawyers meet my lawyers and we will continue this discussion on the docket.

With that being said, I still would not want a thread like that, to be removed or sent to the basement. What is more important than how people think of me, is stopping the systematic practice of censorship. Quieting the voices of dissent in this country by those who disagree, is as anti-American as it gets.

God bless Thomas Paine.

vauge said:
This is an excellent poll!

Keep your thoughts coming.

We want to be successful, but we value over everything else - freedom of speech. Where should that line be drawn?

Freedom of speech means that you do not draw a line between what should and should not be said. If you expect other people to tolerate your opinion, then the only way to protect that right is by protecting the right of your opponent to speak their heart.

ban.the.electoral.college said:

Freedom of speech means that you do not draw a line between what should and should not be said. If you expect other people to tolerate your opinion, then the only way to protect that right is by protecting the right of your opponent to speak their heart.

Two points....

1) Are you saying the 'ol yelling "fire" in a crowded theater scenario is a myth?

2)This is a public forum but held privately..."Free speech" is not a necessity here. The Mods have a right to do as they wish...and that includeds cutting certain people off...thus denying speech at their discretion.

Are you saying the 'ol yelling "fire" in a crowded theater scenario is a myth?
If there happened to be an actual fire in that theater, would you still say they couldn't yell "FIRE!", if it was done to warn people of impending doom? Or do you think they should just act like they are at a Great White concert?

Out of all the bullshit things you have said to me, not once has it ever crossed my mind to censor what you wanted to say. Admit it, you want to have your cake and eat it too. You won't enter a debate, unless you think the deck is stacked in your favor. That's just my observation which might not necessarily be true.

What is true, is people (with the obvious exception of a parent to their child) that practice censorship, have honesty issues. Just because you can't handle the truth, does not make it my problem. That is for each person to deal with on their own.

As soon as you get into thought control and act like the expression police, it's obvious to me, you either got something to hide or your a taco short of a combo plate when it comes to the Bill of Rights.

If there happened to be an actual fire in that theater, would you still say they couldn't yell "FIRE!", if it was done to warn people of impending doom?

Now I think you with the rest of this forum knows what we are meaning. You cant yell fire in a movie thater if there wasnt a fire. Stop trying to use your misconstruing lefty curve ball to get off topic. The fact is you cant yell fire or bomb if there is no such thing present. You will get encarcerated. That is a fact. Care to dispute facts?

Billo is right, you know. If you weren't such a dip (cnredd), I wouldn't have had to add you to my ignore list. See, that's what's great about freedom of speech. You can choose to ignore what you wish. Meanwhile, everyone else has to listen to your crap. I feel for them, I really do. But, if they want to ignore your mindless quips, that's thier bag. And I'm not going to tell anyone how they should manage thier information. That's just anti-american...

Bytheway, don't forget to http://www.votetoimpeach.org/

Originally posted by SKILMATIC:
Now I think you with the rest of this forum knows what we are meaning. You cant yell fire in a movie thater if there wasnt a fire. Stop trying to use your misconstruing lefty curve ball to get off topic. The fact is you cant yell fire or bomb if there is no such thing present. You will get encarcerated. That is a fact. Care to dispute facts?
Not if there is no fire. Of coarse, that is wrong. But its not what I said. Why are you responding to something I didn't say?

Another thing, don't speak for others. Just speak for yourself.

If you weren't such a dip (cnredd

Again ban electoral please no flaming:flame:

It just degrades your intellectual level. "If you dont have naything nice to say done say it at all." Remember what mommy told us.

SKILMATIC said:

Everyone knows there are consequences for the example stated above. The person has the right to yell fire. It is not illegal. It may however be inappropriate when you are watching a movie. If you do this, you know a) someone might kick your ass OR b) you'll probably be kicked out of the theater

That's a local matter to be resolved by the policy of that particular business.

However, If you are saying that government legislation should be passed to try and limit the dumb a s s effect, then you would be leaning way to close toward the nazi end of the spectrum.

PS - I can say whatever I want about cnredd. I could care less if anyone thinks less of me for dissing cnredd. I think it's about time someone told him the truth. He's flamed me plenty of times. So just consider it karma. You don't have to act as his body gaurd all of the time do you?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ban.the.electoral.college:
However, If you are saying that government legislation should be passed to try and limit the dumb a s s effect, then you would be leaning way to close toward the nazi end of the spectrum.
Well said.

ban.the.electoral.college said:
Everyone knows there are consequences for the example stated above. The person has the right to yell fire. It is not illegal. It may however be inappropriate when you are watching a movie. If you do this, you know a) someone might kick your ass OR b) you'll probably be kicked out of the theater
Uh......Yes, there are laws against yelling fire in a crowded theater, it's called the "clear and present danger" standard and was upheld by the Supreme Court of the U.S. as legitimate restriction on free speech. The incorrect streak continues. Tsk,Tsk.

That's a local matter to be resolved by the policy of that particular business.
No, it's a legal matter to be solved by the authorities, public endangerment, try again.
[/B][/COLOR]
Swing and a miss, when stupid speech proves to be an tangible and practically assured threat to public safety the government both has a right and responsibility to put an end to it.

LaMidRighter said:
Uh......Yes, there are laws against yelling fire in a crowded theater, it's called the "clear and present danger" standard and was upheld by the Supreme Court of the U.S. as legitimate restriction on free speech. The incorrect streak continues. Tsk,Tsk.

No, it's a legal matter to be solved by the authorities, public endangerment, try again.
Swing and a miss, when stupid speech proves to be an tangible and practically assured threat to public safety the government both has a right and responsibility to put an end to it.

Wow, you really know your legal stuff don't you? I am impressed. But just because something has been legislated against, does not make it a sound law. There are lots of silly and unjust laws out there. For example, did you know that in the state of Colorado it's illegal to lend your vaccume cleaner to your next door neighbor?

Billo_Really said:
Another thing, don't speak for others. Just speak for yourself.

First off, if its not right to "speak for others", then why did you comment on my post when my two points were directed to ban.the.yadayadayada?....

Don't answer that....I'll go to truthout.org and look for your answer myself...

Second, who said anything about "censoring"?....I never said people should be censored by anyone but THEMSELVES...

Especially you, Billo....Talk all you want...It just shows everyone here that you couldn't debate Peter Jennings....and I'm talking in his current condition...

Now if ban.the.whatever takes the tinfoil hat off and stops receiving transmissions from the mothership, maybe he can give me an example of when, if any, he would censor himself...

I'll make it much harder for him...Let's see if he can do it in a non-political situation....no politicians or agendas....can he do it?????

Last edited:
I'll make it much harder for him...Let's see if he can do it in a non-political situation....no politicians or agendas....can he do it?????
I dunno. I can't speak for him!

Originally posted by LaMidRighter:
...when stupid speech proves to be an tangible and practically assured threat to public safety the government both has a right and responsibility to put an end to it.
What would, in your own words, constitute "stupid speech".

Billo_Really said:

Every post you've ever written....

Billo_Really said:
Let's see, yelling fire in a crowded theater, screaming grenade, incitement to violence. I'm sure you can think up a few more on your own.

Back
Top Bottom