• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should the LGBT community start taking responsibility in certain deviant behaviors?

Re: Should the LGBT community start taking responsibility in certain deviant behavior

That reminds me of a friend of mine that said that he thought that I was a potential homosexual. I asked him what made him think so and he then asked me if I'd ever giving a man a blowjob. I said no and he then assured me that I was a potential homosexual. I asked him how that could be and then he said that he had given a man a blowjob and did not like it at all, so he knew that he was not a homosexual but, since I had not done so, then I just might like it. ;)

LOL I've had someone try that line on me too. I simply respond that I'm not interested in eating feces either, and I don't need to try eating feces to know I won't like it. ;)

Re: Should the LGBT community start taking responsibility in certain deviant behavior

And as far as this statement goes, it is rather homophobic. If you meet SOMEONE you are attracted to, why does it matter if they were born a male?

lol ....

It is always kind of hilarious listening to straight complain about the advances of gay men. I wish some women would come here and laugh at the OP. The problem is not the gay community. The problem is men.

Okay, fair enough. Am I being lazy?? Why should the community take responsibility?

Well I do admit the word respomsibility is misplaced. I think what I meant to say is that there ought to be a discussiom regarding encountering the same sex in an already insensitive society. There have been several hate crimes near my school which are unfortunate, and fortunately the victims were not seriously hurt according to campus email it involved "miscommunication" now the word around campud is apparently these separate incidents involved bar fights due to one party assuming the other was gay. Another had something to do in West Hollywood over a similar incident and the third I believe was a young guy was peppered sprayed.

I am still not understanding how folks don't understand my point.

One more thing, homosexual men are attracted men, consider it a compliment.

Sigh* Let me stop funny how society has a double standard.

Well I do admit the word respomsibility is misplaced. I think what I meant to say is that there ought to be a discussiom regarding encountering the same sex in an already insensitive society. There have been several hate crimes near my school which are unfortunate, and fortunately the victims were not seriously hurt according to campus email it involved "miscommunication" now the word around campud is apparently these separate incidents involved bar fights due to one party assuming the other was gay. Another had something to do in West Hollywood over a similar incident and the third I believe was a young guy was peppered sprayed.

I am still not understanding how folks don't understand my point.

I did find your post a little confusing. I've done that plenty so don't feel bad. If your concern is the safety of LGBT community members because they are being unduly harassed for their orientation then I would have probably not mentioned them taking responsibly. It sounded more like you were offended by the persistence of their advances.

It is always kind of hilarious listening to straight complain about the advances of gay men. I wish some women would come here and laugh at the OP. The problem is not the gay community. The problem is men.

Sigh reading is fundamental if you cared to read (which you didn't) I mentioned transgendered and also earlier mentioned a teansgendered who was killed after the husband found out who he married wasn't a woman.

Sigh* Let me stop funny how society has a double standard.

I don't get this either (this on is probably on me)

Sigh reading is fundamental if you cared to read (which you didn't) I mentioned transgendered and also earlier mentioned a teansgendered who was killed after the husband found out who he married wasn't a woman.

So why would the gay community need to answer for that? It sounds like the problem, the MURDERER, was the heterosexual.

I did find your post a little confusing. I've done that plenty so don't feel bad. If your concern is the safety of LGBT community members because they are being unduly harassed for their orientation then I would have probably not mentioned them taking responsibly. It sounded more like you were offended by the persistence of their advances.

I do find the advances of gay men rude. I also find the advances of ratchet females rude. I also find it rude transgendered men try to pass as women towards heterosexual men. I don't see how you don't get this point.

So why would the gay community need to answer for that? It sounds like the problem, the MURDERER, was the heterosexual.

It's about advising the community on being safe. That includes encouraging members of the community on being conscious of their environment. This also includes knowing the people you approach and making sure you aren't coming off as offensive. This is not to blame the nature of the sexual orientation but to be cautious and to not pass as something you're (in the eyes of society). For example and prove me wrong if you will, but a transgendered man or woman really have no place to pass themselves off as biologically the sex they are comfortable in towards heterosexuals especially if they leave out the disclaimer "Just so you know I was born a man."

I think to engage in any relationship without disclosing those important information could be a dealbreaker and most importantly dangerous.

I do find the advances of gay men rude. I also find the advances of ratchet females rude. I also find it rude transgendered men try to pass as women towards heterosexual men. I don't see how you don't get this point.

I get it. I just didn't get it until I read through the thread a little. So, what are you saying you would like to see done then. What exactly are you suggesting?

I get it. I just didn't get it until I read through the thread a little. So, what are you saying you would like to see done then. What exactly are you suggesting?

My suggestion would be to have a discussion on the social issues afflicting the LGBT community not just discussing the reality of homophobia but also having the perspective of heterosexuals and discuss from a heterosexual perspective on factors which may contribute aggression and homophobia. Although I think homophobia is largely generated by ignorace, I also think there are certain people from within the community that put themselves in situations where it is dangerous.

For example, there is no reason for a transsexual to die over their orientation. However if disclosure is not there the potential for disaster can happen. Especially if the target is a heterosexual population, a transsexual has an obligation to inform the party that they are of a biological sex. On matters of disclosure and deal breakers its almost like having Herpes Simplex and not informing the person you have it. Now, I'm not comparing transsexuality with STD's I'm saying on matters of disclosure which can greatly determine a relationship outcome, being honest about oneself is important.

Because not wanting space being violated is no homophobic in nature, I think we all want people to respect our space, which is funny that those respondents here can't understand. In California if you approach the wrong man, you can get beat up hence we ought to discuss ways we can communicate better.

How are gay men supposed to know you aren't gay?

I know this is controversial but by "deviant behavior" I'm referring to gays, lesbians, transgendered, targeting certain people who knowingly knows the person does not share their orientation. I call it deviate because such behaviors are a deviation from honesty with the intent to "don't knock it until you try it." There have been several hate crime attacks all because 1) The victim was not forthright with their orientation 2) The victim became the victim of circumstance because of the person was truly evil and homophobic. On a personal level I tend to run into this myself, and I just find it rude that gay men know I'm heterosexual but they push the issue. This is why I refrain from going to gay clubs because I'm sure there is one that would want to try and "turn me gay." So far with these hate crimes I'm not hearing anything from the community in being honest outright of their sexuality, because dishonesty is starting to get people killed.

How are you so sure anyone "knowingly knows" you're not gay when you're in a gay bar? Do you wear a t-shirt or something?

My suggestion would be to have a discussion on the social issues afflicting the LGBT community not just discussing the reality of homophobia but also having the perspective of heterosexuals and discuss from a heterosexual perspective on factors which may contribute aggression and homophobia. Although I think homophobia is largely generated by ignorace, I also think there are certain people from within the community that put themselves in situations where it is dangerous.

For example, there is no reason for a transsexual to die over their orientation. However if disclosure is not there the potential for disaster can happen. Especially if the target is a heterosexual population, a transsexual has an obligation to inform the party that they are of a biological sex. On matters of disclosure and deal breakers its almost like having Herpes Simplex and not informing the person you have it. Now, I'm not comparing transsexuality with STD's I'm saying on matters of disclosure which can greatly determine a relationship outcome, being honest about oneself is important.

Because not wanting space being violated is no homophobic in nature, I think we all want people to respect our space, which is funny that those respondents here can't understand. In California if you approach the wrong man, you can get beat up hence we ought to discuss ways we can communicate better.

Almost sounds like you are blaming the victim here. The individual who was transgendered who did not disclose this until her wedding night was wrong to do that. However, that did NOT warrant murder in any way.

Also, I'm curious... do you also advocate that the straight community discuss things from a homosexual perspective so they can better understand why gays would want to be married and have children? There seems to be a lot of ignorance on this issue and better understanding would go a long way towards reducing aggression from heterosexuals. Also, I have a huge problem with this comment:

As in the recent case of the transgendered that was killed after the guy on their honeymoon found out his wife had a penis. Like I said I don't condone violence on matters even matters of deceit, but this type of misleading is common in the LGBT community.

Please provide evidence of what I placed in bold.

I agree with the last one but only because it's deception. The others are really not rude at all.

After reading more I do agree with the OP that someone transgendered should be upfront about that with any potential partner.

After reading more I do agree with the OP that someone transgendered should be upfront about that with any potential partner.

I agree with you. ESPECIALLY if they have not transitioned.

Otherwise it's fraud and should be treated as such.

Almost sounds like you are blaming the victim here. The individual who was transgendered who did not disclose this until her wedding night was wrong to do that. However, that did NOT warrant murder in any way.

Nothing "warrants" murder but there is a reality here that passing yourself as biologically female until your wedding night is taking a pretty big risk. People are emotional creatures and "sudden passion" is something recognized in law as carrying less culpability than cool deliberation.

Nothing "warrants" murder but there is a reality here that passing yourself as biologically female until your wedding night is taking a pretty big risk. People are emotional creatures and "sudden passion" is something recognized in law as carrying less culpability than cool deliberation.

Sorry. In no way does that excuse it. In civilized society, people control their impulses or get consequences.

I agree with you. ESPECIALLY if they have not transitioned.

Exactly, and not just for the benefit of the straight person but so that the trans person can know that they're being truly accepted for who they are.

Exactly, and not just for the benefit of the straight person but so that the trans person can know that they're being truly accepted for who they are.

And for trust reasons. If one is going to marry someone, there are some things that I would think one would like to know beforehand. This would be one of them. It has a major impact on the marriage.

Sorry. In no way does that excuse it. In civilized society, people control their impulses or get consequences.

No it doesn't, but as an example where I live, if the defendant convinces the jury that they reacted with sudden passion (almost like diminished capacity) the punishment range goes from 5-99 years or life in prison to 2-20 years. That's a significant difference and I think it's an acknowledgment that reacting without thought is just a reality of being human.

Back
Top Bottom