• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should the kkk be able to practice?

The kkk oppresses other individuals. They should not be able to practice their beliers if their beliefs infringe on other people's beliefs and their safety. And as for the spanish guy who raped a woman, let the legal system take care of it. We don't live in a vigilanty society.

pavy said:
The kkk oppresses other individuals. They should not be able to practice their beliers if their beliefs infringe on other people's beliefs and their safety. And as for the spanish guy who raped a woman, let the legal system take care of it. We don't live in a vigilanty society.

Beliefs infringe on nobody's rights nor does a ceremony or exercise putting forth beliefs infringe on anybody's rights. The only thing that infringe's on my rights are actions that violate my person, my property, my legal activity, or my well being. A KKK group can be as narrow, mean, hateful, prejudiced, bigoted etc. as they wish in their own space. It is only if they act on such beliefs or pay or encourage others to act that they should concern anybody.

So that justifies stifiling their free speech rights under the Constitution? You don't like them so its ok to deny them basic Constitutional rights? I don't like them either, but I would defend their rights to speak and march, even if I would be in a countermarch against them!

THese people are not a bunch of Buddist monks protesting world hunger.If our law enforcement was inadaquate these people would still be lynching anyone who did not meet their definition of a supreme race and those they considered to be race traitors and they still would be burning crosses on the lawns of individuals.Perhaps you should brush up on your history of this terrorist group,research the reconstruction period in the U.S. and after.If you have forgotten these scum murdered a little boy because he whistled at a white woman.These scum have lynched and murdered various people and terrorize communities.

jamesrage said:
THese people are not a bunch of Buddist monks protesting world hunger.If our law enforcement was inadaquate these people would still be lynching anyone who did not meet their definition of a supreme race and those they considered to be race traitors and they still would be burning crosses on the lawns of individuals.Perhaps you should brush up on your history of this terrorist group,research the reconstruction period in the U.S. and after.If you have forgotten these scum murdered a little boy because he whistled at a white woman.These scum have lynched and murdered various people and terrorize communities.

No, 'these scum' did not do that. It was other 'scum' who did that. Do I think the KKK has any redeeming features? Not any that I've ever seen. But to make a blanket condemnation of all members of the KKK because some did terrible things is the way they think. If you are white and had been born a half century ago, the odds are very good that you would have some cultural racism ingrained in you. Don't you see? Now is not then. You aren't the same as a lot of people a half century ago. And the KKK today is not the same as that of a half century ago, though it is still racist, and it is still contemptible to most of us.

But in any situation, it is not reasonable to condemn the actions of the whole based on the actions of one or two or the few unless such actions are by the order, advice, consent, and/or approval of the whole.

No, 'these scum' did not do that. It was other 'scum' who did that. Do I think the KKK has any redeeming features? Not any that I've ever seen. But to make a blanket condemnation of all members of the KKK because some did terrible things is the way they think.

You can live in a twisted reality of yours were there there is good kkk members.

If you are white and had been born a half century ago, the odds are very good that you would have some cultural racism ingrained in you. Don't you see? Now is not then. You aren't the same as a lot of people a half century ago.

My mother was born half a century ago and she is not racist.So was my aunt she is also not racist.So your assumption that everybody back then was racist is bullshit.That rehtoric that everybody is racist or a little racist is nonsense that the kkk scum have ingrained into idiots who buy that garbage.

And the KKK today is not the same as that of a half century ago, though it is still racist, and it is still contemptible to most of us.

But in any situation, it is not reasonable to condemn the actions of the whole based on the actions of one or two or the few unless such actions are by the order, advice, consent, and/or approval of the whole.

Live in fantasy land is you wish.

James says
You can live in a twisted reality of yours were there there is good kkk members

I didn't say there were.

My mother was born half a century ago and she is not racist.So was my aunt she is also not racist.So your assumption that everybody back then was racist is bullshit.That rehtoric that everybody is racist or a little racist is nonsense that the kkk scum have ingrained into idiots who buy that garbage.

I didn't say everybody back then was racist.

Live in fantasy land is you wish
Do you consider anyone who sees things from a broader persepctive as living in the fantasy land you envision?

Do you consider anyone who sees things from a broader persepctive as living in the fantasy land you envision?

If you have a large rabid dog on a leash in your backyard barking at you and trying to get you.What are you going to do?

Do run away and hope the dog does not break his leash and starts running after you.

Do you stand there and hope that the dog will be nice to you after ahile so that when it breaks it lease it does not attack you and infect you with rabies.

Or do you put the animal out of it's misery so that it does not bite or kill someone?

The KKK is like that rabid dog that wants to bite the **** out of you and infect you with rabies.Law enforcement is like that lease,but the second the law enforcement becomes weak the KKK will be up to their old activities again.But unlike the rabid dog tied to a leash they do not have to bite in order to infect others.

jamesrage said:
If you have a large rabid dog on a leash in your backyard barking at you and trying to get you.What are you going to do?

Do run away and hope the dog does not break his leash and starts running after you.

Do you stand there and hope that the dog will be nice to you after ahile so that when it breaks it lease it does not attack you and infect you with rabies.

Or do you put the animal out of it's misery so that it does not bite or kill someone?

The KKK is like that rabid dog that wants to bite the **** out of you and infect you with rabies.Law enforcement is like that lease,but the second the law enforcement becomes weak the KKK will be up to their old activities again.But unlike the rabid dog tied to a leash they do not have to bite in order to infect others.

Are you suggesting that all KKK members should be eliminated because you detest who they are and/or their point of view? You don't see a parallel between that notion and how the KKK thinks?

Are you suggesting that all KKK members should be eliminated because you detest who they are and/or their point of view? You don't see a parallel between that notion and how the KKK thinks?

I detest what they are capable of and what they have done in the past,not just thier point of view.

jamesrage said:
Your logic would be like letting Al-qaeda or Hamas run around on the street freely.I don't give a **** if they are peaceful now as far as I am concerned these
KKK,Nazis,aryan Brother hood and the other inbreeding racist groups are the American version of Al Qaeda and Hamas with exception to the Nazis who are German's version of a inbreeding racist group.

Nazis are not inbreed they actualy where trying to outbreed other races traits.

jamesrage said:

I am quite familar with their history. I am a U.S. history teacher and I am NEVER going to defend what they have done, NOR am I going to defend their ideology of hate. I am in one of their target groups (Catholic), my wife is in one of their target groups (Asian) and my daughters have the double whammy in their eyes of being biracial AND Catholic!

Have they done terrible things? Yes. If a member of the KKK breaks the law today, they by all rights should be punished for that behavior. However, if they are protesting peacefully in the streets and not violating any laws, they should have the right to preach their idology of hate, just as I have the right to be a part of the counterprotest.

Civil rights don't mean anything unless they are for everyone, even people you don't like or disagree with.

They should be allowed to practice for the simple reason of protecting the freedoms of those who aren't hateful and inbred failures of society. So hate groups aren't allowed to have a public forum? Who decides on what a hate group is? "Hey, those protesters sure hate Bush, don't they?" Next thing you know, said protesters are being carried off, or at least being denied the use of their rights. Their message only reaches those who are already hateful or those naive and easily manipulated children that likely have no future regardless, they aren't the dangerous group they used to be. As a matter of fact, getting a restriction placed on "hate groups" would be the most harmful thing they've been able to do since their inception.

Regarding y not peace on the Black Panthers

I am aware of the statements of the Black Panter group. I am equally aware that just because their code is one of disciplined self defense (which is arguably too aggressive in and of itself), the members did not hold to their bounderies as listed. The code was stretched and broken by its memebers, and that is issue I take. The idea of the Black Panthers was not the problem, it was the group in action I find unflattering.

Re: Regarding y not peace on the Black Panthers

just to make this interesting, show me some articles of this code streching.

the KKK doesn't help progress human kind..they are contributing to stop human progress...

can't they see that 'skin' color has nothing to do with superiority? , color is just color.. its something animals use to find a nice mate...am i saying the whole belief of the KKK is based on the reasoning level of an animal? Yes ;)

I'm interested in the phenomenon of slavery and discrimination of afroamericans in the USA in the 19th century. Because America is known to be the country of freedom and human rights.But it allowed slavery. I would like to ask you to explain all this to me because I cannot find a reasonable explanation. But please, only americans. This is really something that impresses and at the same time horrifies me.
Thank you in advance.

fam said:
I'm interested in the phenomenon of slavery and discrimination of afroamericans in the USA in the 19th century. Because America is known to be the country of freedom and human rights.But it allowed slavery. I would like to ask you to explain all this to me because I cannot find a reasonable explanation. But please, only americans. This is really something that impresses and at the same time horrifies me.
Thank you in advance.

It was quite simple. African warlords ran lucrative businesses trafficking in slavery and found new markets among European shipowners who in turn found lucrative markets among American plantation owners who desperately needed laborers to work their fields and maintain their property holdings. Not only were slaves trafficked to America but also to Canada, Mexico, and South America and numerous Carribean islands. It was a different time, a different culture, and ran on ignorance--white people were taught that black people were inferior beings and it was perfectly moral to treat them as property.

But as all free people will do, we learned, improved, became educated, and came to our senses and only a few leftover bigots now consider black people as inferior in any way. Americans now are horrified at the concept of slavery, yet there is no people anywhere that did not descend from people who considered the existance of slaves to be the norm.

One of my personal heroes, a black economics professor, has agreed that slavery was a terrible thing and there is nothing to condone it. He however says he personally is infinitely better off because somebody dragged his ancestors over here. He knows he has prospered and enjoyed a free and happy life that likely would have been beyond his reach had it been born and grew up in Africa.

rees said:
the KKK doesn't help progress human kind..they are contributing to stop human progress...

can't they see that 'skin' color has nothing to do with superiority? , color is just color.. its something animals use to find a nice mate...am i saying the whole belief of the KKK is based on the reasoning level of an animal? Yes ;)

I don't think anyone here would disagree with you (except for Aryan Imperium). However, we aren't discussing the merits of the KKK, just their rights. As much as I despise them, they still have first amendment rights and I will stand up and defend those rights, as much as the KKK stands against so much of what I believe in and am as a person and my family.

If you really want to do something that will upset the KKK, when they are going to have a public rally, get a group of people together, and all of you start laughing uproariously at everything that they say.

They exist on hatred and violence, laughing at them confuses them and pisses them off.

AlbqOwl said:
It was quite simple. African warlords ran lucrative businesses trafficking in slavery and found new markets among European shipowners who in turn found lucrative markets among American plantation owners who desperately needed laborers to work their fields and maintain their property holdings. Not only were slaves trafficked to America but also to Canada, Mexico, and South America and numerous Carribean islands. It was a different time, a different culture, and ran on ignorance--white people were taught that black people were inferior beings and it was perfectly moral to treat them as property.

But as all free people will do, we learned, improved, became educated, and came to our senses and only a few leftover bigots now consider black people as inferior in any way. Americans now are horrified at the concept of slavery, yet there is no people anywhere that did not descend from people who considered the existance of slaves to be the norm.

One of my personal heroes, a black economics professor, has agreed that slavery was a terrible thing and there is nothing to condone it. He however says he personally is infinitely better off because somebody dragged his ancestors over here. He knows he has prospered and enjoyed a free and happy life that likely would have been beyond his reach had it been born and grew up in Africa.

Thanks for the information but it did not help me.
I know all these historical facts. I'm interested in the psyhological aspect of this issue. What was the attitude of the people then, their values, etc? Because slavery in America is in the 18th-19th century. Slavery was something normal during the Ancient and Medieval times but in the 18th century!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fam said:
Thanks for the information but it did not help me.
I know all these historical facts. I'm interested in the psyhological aspect of this issue. What was the attitude of the people then, their values, etc? Because slavery in America is in the 18th-19th century. Slavery was something normal during the Ancient and Medieval times but in the 18th century!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read my post again. I did comment on the attitude of the people then. And yes, the slavery in America (also Canada, Mexico, South America, Africa, and elsewhere) was prevalanet in the 18th Century. It's just that the American Civil War made ours so much more visible than everybody else's.

Indentured servitude was another ugly that came and went. In some ways it was even more cruel than slavery.

Would that be anything like the Gentile slavery the Russian Jews currently engage in?

First of all, I am the one who mentioned the Black Panthers and got that whole seperate issue started. The ironic thing is that I didn't say anything positive or negative about them. What I said was that no one has a right to outwardly express their beliefs on another's property, whether they are KKK, Black Panthers, Jehovah's Witnesses or Girl Scouts. The really interesting thing is that no one came to the defense of the Girl Scouts.

Jamesrage, as others have pointed out your beliefs sound just like those of those whom you detest. Shutting up a group will not still that belief, it will simply force it underground where it can gain even more power out of the view of the public. The best thing to do with the Klan is allow them their rights of assembly and speech. Let the public see them in their silly robes and hear their tortured history and logic. Let people see that these are sad, ignorant and pitiful people. The only people who will flock to their message are those who are also sad, ignorant, and pitiful.

The Klan has appeared on the Jerry Springer show many times. Would you say those appearances have glorified the Klan or made them seem like an admirable group?

and yet again...i will say that their is nothing wrng with the black panthers. look at my old posts.

Back
Top Bottom