• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

should the international comunity Recogniz a governement chosen by the palestinians?

acrobat

New member
Joined
Feb 16, 2006
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Liberal
the palestinian vote result gives hmas winner but that party program is everithing but not democratic ... what s the solution then?
or do you think that the europeens and americans in fact would that results to better control this party ?
www.news-links.net
 

KidRocks

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
16
Location
right here
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
acrobat said:
the palestinian vote result gives hmas winner but that party program is everithing but not democratic ... what s the solution then?
or do you think that the europeens and americans in fact would that results to better control this party ?
www.news-links.net
The results are in, the people have spoken whether we like the outcome or not.
 

Falangist

New member
Joined
Feb 18, 2006
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Location
Michigan
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
We can't just accept some nation that is run by a bunch of crazy terrorists. They need to learn that the world does not work that way. People don't just bow down to that stuff.
 

cherokee

Devil Dog
Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
7,486
Reaction score
789
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Re: should the international comunity Recogniz a governement chosen by the palestini

Recognize the vote? Yes

Deal with the stance they wish to hold on to? NO!
 

Inuyasha

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 13, 2005
Messages
1,510
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
Re: should the international comunity Recogniz a governement chosen by the palestini

cherokee said:
Recognize the vote? Yes

Deal with the stance they wish to hold on to? NO!
Yes. Best answer.
 

MSgt

Stabler Genius
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
24,816
Reaction score
9,965
Location
Highlands Ranch, CO
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Re: should the international comunity Recogniz a governement chosen by the palestini

cherokee said:
Recognize the vote? Yes

Deal with the stance they wish to hold on to? NO!
This is the reality.
 

Conflict

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2005
Messages
745
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Centrist
Re: should the international comunity Recogniz a governement chosen by the palestini

GySgt said:
This is the reality.
That makes I think 5 of us now that concur.

Sharon is/was a centrist. I respect his efforts. He knew it wasn't going to be easy. I only hope that the Israeli people will stick with it.

I believe that the palestinians should have their own state. However, Having hamas as their base is not ideal.

Perhaps they won't be so radical now, though, ... that they actually have some bargaining power. Perhaps they'll begin to learn more about diplomacy and reserve their violence. Maybe that's wishful thinking....
 

Scarecrow Akhbar

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 22, 2005
Messages
11,430
Reaction score
2,282
Location
Los Angeles
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
No. The "world" refuses to recognize Taiwan as an independent country, the world accepts without comment the rattling of missiles on the mainland whenever the topic of actually the Taiwanese actually making a formal declaration on independence, and otherwise pretends Taiwan isn't what it really is, an economically and politically independent state. And Taiwan's been independent for 50 years.

Those savages called "palestinians" don't deserve a bit of recognition. Let's turn off our money to them, first. see how things go. Let's see how many more babies they'll blow up, and how many of their own young children they'll use to do it.

Recognizing "Palestine" grants those animals the right of representation at the UN. Anyone think having yet another nation that is dedicated to the total eradication of another nation (Israel) a good idea?

One would expect that as a nation, the "Palestinians" would be free to buy whatever arms they desire on the world market. Thats not a good idea, considering what it is they elected as a government, and what they've been doing these last 40 years.

And....**** 'em all to hell, anyway. I remember seeing them dancing in the streets at the news of the murder of 3000 Americans one September morn. I don't need those people, let's make their life as miserable as we possibly can.
 
Last edited:

MSgt

Stabler Genius
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
24,816
Reaction score
9,965
Location
Highlands Ranch, CO
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Scarecrow Akhbar said:
No. The "world" refuses to recognize Taiwan as an independent country, the world accepts without comment the rattling of missiles on the mainland whenever the topic of actually the Taiwanese actually making a formal declaration on independence, and otherwise pretends Taiwan isn't what it really is, an economically and politically independent state. And Taiwan's been independent for 50 years.

Those savages called "palestinians" don't deserve a bit of recognition. Let's turn off our money to them, first. see how things go. Let's see how many more babies they'll blow up, and how many of their own young children they'll use to do it.

It's like I always say....."The Persian and Arab elite are willing to destroy and murder Israelis to the very last Palestinian." They use the Palistinian / Israeli conflict as a diversion and the rest of the world focuses on this as some sort of travesty forced upon the Muslim world (The Saudi Arabs look down upon Palistinian Arabs). In the mean time, they abuse and oppress their people (at the fault of America, of course) into terrorism. The Muslim world is a mess. In the Middle East, specifically, the heavens are falling and the earth is wracked with failure. This region is full of celebrated and honored bigotry and our "Global Left" scours desperately for ways to make them happy. How can we make a civilization that can't even get along amongst themselves to get along with the "infidels" and "Zions?"
 
Last edited:

Hoot

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
1,686
Reaction score
18
Location
State of Confusion
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
GYSGT said:
How can we make a civilization that can't even get along amongst themselves to get along with the "infidels" and "Zions?"
Too bad Bush didn't ask himself this question before he started throwing civics texbooks out of the back of a humvee, thinking that's how easily democracy would sprout and grow.
 

Kandahar

Enemy Combatant
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
20,688
Reaction score
7,320
Location
Washington, DC
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Re: should the international comunity Recogniz a governement chosen by the palestini

cherokee said:
Recognize the vote? Yes

Deal with the stance they wish to hold on to? NO!
That sounds like the best answer to me. It'd be silly to pretend that Hamas wasn't democratically elected, but it'd be equally silly to afford them any credibility simply because they were democratically elected.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
And....**** 'em all to hell, anyway. I remember seeing them dancing in the streets at the news of the murder of 3000 Americans one September morn. I don't need those people, let's make their life as miserable as we possibly can.
Agreed. I too would take great pleasure at seeing the Palestinians as miserable as possible.
 

DivineComedy

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
2,231
Reaction score
129
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Re: should the international comunity Recogniz a governement chosen by the palestini

Kandahar said:
I too would take great pleasure at seeing the Palestinians as miserable as possible.

I see three main problems here:

1) Taking “great pleasure at seeing the Palestinians as miserable as possible“ is exactly what those that never want peace with Israel would want us to do: the enemy already believes we are led by Satan and have no sense.

2) Some people believe that you should never make a stupid dog suffer for a bad decision, because you can‘t reason with a dog; a dog forgets too quickly why they are being punished: a dog can’t understand long term sanctions.

3) People must know why they are being punished; we can’t allow a situation where there are two masters, as in one master doing the punishing and appeasing the other master (terrorists sponsors and appeasers in this instance) that are allowed to say the punishment is wrong: the enemy already believes we are led by Satan and have no sense.

“[59.14] They will not fight against you in a body save in fortified towns or from behind walls; their fighting between them is severe, you may think them as one body, and their hearts are disunited; that is because they are a people who have no sense.”

World War III is here, but the United Nations (of tyrants too) is totally incapable of fighting the enemy; the word “dictator“ derives its Latin existence from its greater ability to wage war: if the enemy has unity and we do not, we will never win the war.

“TEHRAN, Feb 20 (Reuters) - Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Monday praised the militant group Hamas for refusing to recognise Israel and called on Islamic countries to give the Hamas-led Palestinian government financial support.” (20 Feb 2006 13:37:09 GMT Source: Reuters) http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/RON045273.htm

“By Sher Zieve – On Sunday, it is being reported that an Iranian ‘suicide bomber‘ school is in full training mode. Hundreds of Iranian students are said to be enrolled and are continuing to sign up for the ‘school‘.
The Iranian terrorist group 'Martyrdom Seekers' has said that it has already trained 1,000 suicide bombers. It is reported that Iranian clerics say that they sanction and encourage the usage of nuclear weapons against the West, by the bombers.” (February 19, 2006 11:10 AM EST) http://www.theconservativevoice.com/articles/article.html?id=12483

http://www.memri.org/bin/articles.cgi?Page=countries&Area=iran&ID=SP94505

We are really going to pay for doing nothing during the 444 days of glory in Iran.

http://www.arabcomint.com/arrival iran.jpg

Air France is so nice.
 

Inuyasha

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 13, 2005
Messages
1,510
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
Looks like the money train for the Palestinians is already running out of steam. The Israelis stopped their funding today. If we follow suit then Hamas will have to listen to the West like it or not. Let's see if the Saudis can step up and equal the funding of the US and Israel. I don't think they can or will.
 

Captain America

Jedi Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Joined
Feb 12, 2006
Messages
22,445
Reaction score
12,700
Location
Wisconsin
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Centrist
I recognize the vote. The word was loud and clear. The Palestinians, by democratic vote, have made their position clear. Their position is that they support Hamas and their ideologies.

Hamas has made it clear their stance on recognition of Isreal and their position to rid the region of Isreal. I do not think, even with all the things I disagree with regarding Isreali positions, that I will ever defend Palestine again. They have made their bed. Now they can sleep in it.

If Mexico or Canada decided that they were hellbent on getting rid of the US, what would your opinion be of that?

If Isreal decides to turn Palestine into a glass parking lot, I would not blame them for it.

At least Hamas is honest about their plan and came right out and said it. I think that was the plan all along. Now, they get whatever they deserve.

I am convinced now that there are no concessions Isreal can make to satisfy Palestine short of packing up and getting the hell out of Dodge. That is unacceptable.

Let the cards fall where they may.
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
KidRocks said:
The results are in, the people have spoken whether we like the outcome or not.
True... We should recognize them... But dealing with them in any capacity is utterly out. The people spoke, and your right. NOw they get to deal with the fallout of there decisions. This to is part of being free. Lets see what hapens when everything gets cut off. You can't elect a terorrist organization to run your country and expect other nations to deal with you. Hopefully they voted themselves nto a blackball situation
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Re: should the international comunity Recogniz a governement chosen by the palestini

DivineComedy said:
I see three main problems here:

1) Taking “great pleasure at seeing the Palestinians as miserable as possible“ is exactly what those that never want peace with Israel would want us to do: the enemy already believes we are led by Satan and have no sense.

I don't think it's pleasure... I think it's common sense. Palestinians decided not to show any, now people are chuckling wondering WTF were they thinking.
DivineComedy said:
2) Some people believe that you should never make a stupid dog suffer for a bad decision, because you can‘t reason with a dog; a dog forgets too quickly why they are being punished: a dog can’t understand long term sanctions.

You put the dog down before he bites you in the *** while your not looking. They elected terrorist to run there country. You don't let that go. You let them live with there decision and suffer through it. Next elect they have a choice to make. Even a dumb dog should have to live with it's decision
DivineComedy said:
3) People must know why they are being punished; we can’t allow a situation where there are two masters, as in one master doing the punishing and appeasing the other master (terrorists sponsors and appeasers in this instance) that are allowed to say the punishment is wrong: the enemy already believes we are led by Satan and have no sense.

If there to stupid to not know why there being punished then there are a lot more problems then just hammas. They know why there being punished. They know exactly who and what they elected to run there country. PArt of being free is living with your decisions

[/QUOTE]
 

KidRocks

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
16
Location
right here
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Calm2Chaos said:
True... We should recognize them... But dealing with them in any capacity is utterly out. The people spoke, and your right. NOw they get to deal with the fallout of there decisions. This to is part of being free. Lets see what hapens when everything gets cut off. You can't elect a terorrist organization to run your country and expect other nations to deal with you. Hopefully they voted themselves nto a blackball situation



We don't have to recognize them at all but we do have to deal with them sooner or later, like it or not.

Their election reminds me alot of Iraq's recent election, we are not exactly thrilled with their results also but we are there and have to deal with them too.

BTW... what the hell are we doing sending money to the Palestine's anyway? Especially Israel.
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
KidRocks said:
We don't have to recognize them at all but we do have to deal with them sooner or later, like it or not.

Why do we have to deal with them? They are a country led by an openly terrorist organization. We don't have to deal with them to much extent. let them flounder till the next election. Far as I am concerned al nations should be cutting off monitary relief ASAP. Your funding your own destruction, the liberals will love that idea.
KidRocks said:
Their election reminds me alot of Iraq's recent election, we are not exactly thrilled with their results also but we are there and have to deal with them too.
Wow... the are similar to you. I was unaware that Iraq elected a terrorist organization to run it's government
KidRocks said:
BTW... what the hell are we doing sending money to the Palestine's anyway? Especially Israel.
Good question
 

Scarecrow Akhbar

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 22, 2005
Messages
11,430
Reaction score
2,282
Location
Los Angeles
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Inuyasha said:
Looks like the money train for the Palestinians is already running out of steam. The Israelis stopped their funding today. If we follow suit then Hamas will have to listen to the West like it or not. Let's see if the Saudis can step up and equal the funding of the US and Israel. I don't think they can or will.
What? If Hamas can't get any more protection money from Israel, what's preventing them from going to Iran, Libya, Syria, Saudi Arabia, etc?

What will really matter is how the sponsor countries view the usefulness of Hamas' activities.
 

Scarecrow Akhbar

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 22, 2005
Messages
11,430
Reaction score
2,282
Location
Los Angeles
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Re: should the international comunity Recogniz a governement chosen by the palestini

DivineComedy said:
I see three main problems here:

1) Taking “great pleasure at seeing the Palestinians as miserable as possible“ is exactly what those that never want peace with Israel would want us to do: the enemy already believes we are led by Satan and have no sense.
Those animals still have a 13th century culture, they'll understand perfectly when we tell them we're pissed at them for celebrating murders done to our families.

The proper thing to do with enemies like that is to kill them. All of them. Then they're no longer a threat. Don't waste time trying to change their minds, just kill them.

DivineComedy said:
2) Some people believe that you should never make a stupid dog suffer for a bad decision, because you can‘t reason with a dog; a dog forgets too quickly why they are being punished: a dog can’t understand long term sanctions.
Stupid dogs should be shot. Then they don't have to worry about sanctions.
 

python416

Active member
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Messages
484
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Re: should the international comunity Recogniz a governement chosen by the palestini

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Those animals still have a 13th century culture, they'll understand perfectly when we tell them we're pissed at them for celebrating murders done to our families.

The proper thing to do with enemies like that is to kill them. All of them. Then they're no longer a threat. Don't waste time trying to change their minds, just kill them.

Stupid dogs should be shot. Then they don't have to worry about sanctions.
The short-sightedness of your comments is blinding.

If you think that you can solve the worlds problems and achieve peace for everyone that is left after just killing enough "enemies", you are mistaken.

If you are suggesting that killing all Palestinians, because they are all 13th century - stupid dogs, man you are way to far gone to be brought back.
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Re: should the international comunity Recogniz a governement chosen by the palestini

python416 said:
The short-sightedness of your comments is blinding.

If you think that you can solve the worlds problems and achieve peace for everyone that is left after just killing enough "enemies", you are mistaken.

If you are suggesting that killing all Palestinians, because they are all 13th century - stupid dogs, man you are way to far gone to be brought back.
And your idea would be to what ????? ... Deal with a terrorist organization?.... The only thing they understand is death... they deal in it on a global scale. It's all they respect..
 

Scarecrow Akhbar

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 22, 2005
Messages
11,430
Reaction score
2,282
Location
Los Angeles
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Re: should the international comunity Recogniz a governement chosen by the palestini

python416 said:
The short-sightedness of your comments is blinding.

If you think that you can solve the worlds problems and achieve peace for everyone that is left after just killing enough "enemies", you are mistaken.

If you are suggesting that killing all Palestinians, because they are all 13th century - stupid dogs, man you are way to far gone to be brought back.
If you think I was only discussing Palestinians, I failed in my efforts at clarity. IMO, if it's necessary to use nuclear fire sterilize all territories outside of the United States to protect my family, then that's the acceptable course of action.

That would certainly bring about peace in the Middle East.
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Re: should the international comunity Recogniz a governement chosen by the palestini

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
If you think I was only discussing Palestinians, I failed in my efforts at clarity. IMO, if it's necessary to use nuclear fire sterilize all territories outside of the United States to protect my family, then that's the acceptable course of action.

That would certainly bring about peace in the Middle East.
It would definetly quite the area down to a low hum....
 
Top Bottom