• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should the free world put together a military force to invade Iran?

Should the free world put together a military force to disarm Iran?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
teacher said:
Dude, then why are you here?

Why I am here is because I choose to be and I can be... albeit I realize that really pisses you off.

I can tell you why I am not sinking to your level;

I am not here to engage in any type of childish diatribe that you so commonly attempt to instigate.

Why didn't you just say "I know you are but what am I?"

I can see why skilmatic holds you in high regards. You are his mentor in the art of intellectual fallacy and subvert concession. Good night.

SKILMATIC said:
Actually the bombs that destroyed Hiroshima and Naga were fission not fussion.

A Fussion bomb needs a fission trigger to activate the level of fussion.

Let me explain the 2.

Fission ("splitting") occurs when the nucleus of large, unstable atoms, like uranium and plutonium, break into smaller atoms, releasing energetic radiation and neutrons.

Fusion ("joining") occurs when light atoms, primarily isotopes of hydrogen, fuse into larger atoms, releasing fantastic quantities of energy. Fusion powers the sun and "hydrogen" bombs, which are called "thermonuclear" for the intense heat needed to overcome electrical repulsion between positively-charged hydrogen nuclei. Fusion, however, is extremely difficult to control; although billions have been spent to tame fusion for electricity, practical reactors are decades away.

In bombs, the two forms of nuclear energy are often blended. Most fission bombs are "boosted" with fusion fuel. All fusion bombs are triggered by fission bombs, and most contain a second fission bomb, called a "spark plug."

I hope this helps everyone understand the difference between the 2 becaseu they are consistently confused.

Thank you for clearing that up :) I am glad somebody was able to explain it properly.

:)

Vader said:
Thank you for clearing that up :) I am glad somebody was able to explain it properly.

You are joking, right?

:mrgreen:

Archon said:
You are joking, right?

:mrgreen:

He must be. I posted a link that describes most nuclear weapons, and it is done by real scientists, not just somebody who knows a little bit about airplanes.

Archon said:
Why I am here is because I choose to be and I can be... albeit I realize that really pisses you off.

I am not here to engage in any type of childish diatribe that you so commonly attempt to instigate.

I can see why skilmatic holds you in high regards. You are his mentor in the art of intellectual fallacy and subvert concession. Good night.

I know you are but what am I? I'm rubber you're glue whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you. Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. Nanana na na.

Archon said:

You wish. And it shows what you know.

Gonna take your ball and go home?
That's all that's left sometimes with those who can't deal with logic. And I do so enjoy doing it.

Dude, you been reading my old posts? Plagerism. For shame.

Subvert concession? We are quite the wordsmith aren't we?

Or maybe he's seen me when I do decide to step away from the fun and games and bring it. But that's so easy with the likes of you. I'd rather make people laugh.

I guess you missed post #156. Or you conveniently decided to ignore it. Dude, you're shredded. I haven't brought the smack yet. I like to let my victims stew. Really, check #156. You're exposed, dude. You got nothing.

Round 2?

Let's see what you got sport.

Attachments

• My guys 062.jpg
    My guys 062.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 5
Vader said:

High school science. Tools in my truck, home depot, some explosives and a bit of enriched Uranium and I can make a nuke. Maybe if more of you knew the science of this and realized how easy it is to make a nuke you wouldn't sleep so well and would have a greater appreciation for what W. is doing in the middle east. This Iraq thing never was about WMD's, oil and other bullshit. It's about nukes baby. And the only way we avoid them in the future is by freeing the women. Big picture. Long term. Turn off American Idol. Pick up a Physics book and a copy of the Koran.

teacher said:
High school science. Tools in my truck, home depot, some explosives and a bit of enriched Uranium and I can make a nuke. Maybe if more of you knew the science of this and realized how easy it is to make a nuke you wouldn't sleep so well and would have a greater appreciation for what W. is doing in the middle east. This Iraq thing never was about WMD's, oil and other bullshit. It's about nukes baby. And the only way we avoid them in the future is by freeing the women. Big picture. Long term. Turn off American Idol. Pick up a Physics book and a copy of the Koran.

Ya they have the schematics for building a nuke on the freaking internet and in public libraries it's the uranium/plutonium that's hard to come by.

teacher said:

Did you hear about that kid who almost made a nuclear reactor in his backyard? I had no idea it was that possible. I think it was in that book "The Radioactive Boy Scout". I am sure there is other media about it out there.

Duke

No! I don't want to be the one's responsible for starting WWIII. We should let Israel and Iran duke it out alone if it comes to that and use our power to make sure no-one else gets ivolved.
TimmyBoy said:
If Israel and Iran duke it out, they will nuke each other and other countries, whether they want to get involved or not, will be forced to get involved because of the willingness of both Israel and Iran to nuke each other, which the effects of the use of those nuclear weapons will spread to other parts of the globe.
Since WWI no major war has ever stayed localized. In WWI the US did nothing for years, eventually the US had to get involved. Again in WWII the US tries to stay out, but the US eventually must get involved. Since WWII the US has stopped the isolationist policy and actually done things to stop war. Must we learn from another war that we "stay out of" that we simply cannot do so.

Kelzie said:
I completely had this mind set until I learned about the difference between first and second strike capabilities. First strike capabilty is being able to hit first and limit your enemy's abillity to retaliate to acceptable levels. Second strike capabiltity is the ability to absord an enemy's attack and still have enough weapons to inflict unacceptable damage on them. The US and Russia have second strike capabilty. All developing nuclear powers have first strike capability. Big deal you say. Well, say you're a country with first strike capability and you here news that your enemy is planning on attacking your weapons silos. What do you do? If they attack it, that's it. You won't be able to attack them anymore. So you attack first. That's the danger of countries with first strike capability. It is too easily taken away, so they become trigger happy. A country that only has first strike is tempted to attack by the belief that his opponent could not retaliate. A county that has second strike capabilty knows that it can strike back so it is not tempted to strike first.
Vader said:
3. THE USA HAS NEVER SOLD NUCLEAR OR ATOMIC WEAPONS TO TERRORISTS.
4. THE USA IS NOT GOVERNED BY TERRORIST-SUPPORTING ISLAMIC EXTREMISTS
5. IRAN IS A COUNTRY THAT IS INFAMOUS FOR SUPPORTING TERRORIST ACTS AND THOSE WHO COMMIT THEM. (Ask the people who were held hostage by Iranian terrorists for 444 days while the Ayetoiletbowl Komonkeyboy DID NOT A DAMN THING.
6. IRAN WILL SELL THESE WEAPONS TO TERRORISTS ... THE USA DOES NOT
7. IF YOU THINK IRAN CAN BE TRUSTED YOU'RE AN IDIOT.
Two good clarifying posts :D

UtahBill said:
The MOS sounds like the functions of a low level enlisted person. Lots of words, designed to make the person feel important, but low on real substance. The Navy has those as well, and with 12 years active service, I can tell you that I was expected to write some similar crap in the form of quarterly evaluations about people who were dangerously stupid on the job. I refused to white wash for those guys, and on 2 occasions the chief rewrote my evaluations of them. He regretted it later, when they screwed up badly and I was able to show that I tried to get the word out but the chief decided to bypass me, the leading Petty Officer of the shop. Always keep a copy.

I am soo glad you can discern which MOS's they are. For a minute there you had me worried. However, what really discomforts me is the way you seem to perceive "the functions of a low level enlisted person with low substance" has on the overbearing issue of the actual vehement necissity of such people. You mean to tell me that the pilots and their rio's have no need for the ground crew that basically what makes their sorties a possiblity? You mean to say that ground crew(which btw, are what really makes the sortie a possibility)are just a "low level persons with no substance?" Tell me sir, when was the last time you have checked out the deck of an aircraft carrier? You know, the place where all the aircraft are placed for the readiness of combat(and no not the hanger bay). For a rate that seems to have no substance by your definition sure bears a huge responsibility with 25-40million dollar pieces of equipment that also puts mens lives at risk(I guess thats why they get extra pay). But hey, what do the military officials know they just like throwing money away on "low level individuals with no substance" right?

Also on a side note, wouldn't it make a lot of sense if the more the pilot knew about his and his enemies aircraft that would make them a batter aviator? Just a thought. I don't know maybe I am just being unrealistic here.

Archon said:
Exactly.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Let the intelligent deal with the intelligence.

Ok well then can you please step aside.

No problem sir.

You are joking, right?

Do you see him laughing? I guess you lost your common sense. Oh well you will soon find it when you debate with me. O btw, I didnt see you contribute to clearing it up for him with your vast intelligence.

He must be. I posted a link that describes most nuclear weapons, and it is done by real scientists, not just somebody who knows a little bit about airplanes.

Riiiggghhhttt...... And tell me in your vast intelligence as a high personified enlisted person with lots of substance what did your article say that was so different from my explanation and the difference of how I explained the 2 were different? Did your article denounce my very explanation; or is it simply the fact that you have not a clue what nuclear fission/fussion is and how it works? I must say that this information I learned in AP chemistry in my junior year at high school. IMO this type of information is fenile and elementary. I will be looking forward to your eloquent post explaining me these matters.

SKILMATIC said:
I am soo glad you can discern which MOS's they are. For a minute there you had me worried. However, what really discomforts me is the way you seem to perceive "the functions of a low level enlisted person with low substance" has on the overbearing issue of the actual vehement necissity of such people. You mean to tell me that the pilots and their rio's have no need for the ground crew that basically what makes their sorties a possiblity? You mean to say that ground crew(which btw, are what really makes the sortie a possibility)are just a "low level persons with no substance?" Tell me sir, when was the last time you have checked out the deck of an aircraft carrier? You know, the place where all the aircraft are placed for the readiness of combat(and no not the hanger bay). For a rate that seems to have no substance by your definition sure bears a huge responsibility with 25-40million dollar pieces of equipment that also puts mens lives at risk(I guess thats why they get extra pay). But hey, what do the military officials know they just like throwing money away on "low level individuals with no substance" right?

Also on a side note, wouldn't it make a lot of sense if the more the pilot knew about his and his enemies aircraft that would make them a batter aviator? Just a thought. I don't know maybe I am just being unrealistic here.
I did not say the people were low on substance, but the words in the MOS.
And the pilots depend on their crews, yes, but it sounds like you think that they depended on you for everything. Ain't so.

So, how long were you in? What schools? How many months long were the schools? and what rank did you attain?

Me first, I was in 12.5 years, 3 years of which were schools, electronics A and B schools, and Nuclear Power School. And yes, a year of nuclear power school covers a bit more than your jr. high school classes.
I could not get past E6. I made E6 in 5 years, late by 6 months due to not studying enough for the first E6 exam that I took. But to make E7 when I was in, your record had to be reviewed by a board of enlisteds E7 and above, and maybe some officers. I had a black mark on my record, an event based on serious depression that was not properly diagnosed until several years after leaving active duty. 8 years of good fitness evaluations and high test scores were not enough to overcome the black mark that occured at about the 4.5 year mark. So I promoted myself, to overpaid civilian technician.
Judging from my evaluations, I practically walked on water, and there were a lot of $10 words used. It was a lot of fluff. The actual jobs I was assigned were never as difficult as the evals and job descriptions made them out to be.
The military practically invented the $10 words, $20 sentences, and $50 paragraphs. The $100 writing was reserved for the very top performing enlisteds, and all but the worst officers.
So, I think I know fluff when I see it.
How about your career? How did it go?

UtahBill said:
And the pilots depend on their crews, yes, but it sounds like you think that they depended on you for everything. Ain't so.

So, how long were you in? What schools? How many months long were the schools? and what rank did you attain?

Me first, I was in 12.5 years, 3 years of which were schools, electronics A and B schools, and Nuclear Power School. And yes, a year of nuclear power school covers a bit more than your jr. high school classes.
I could not get past E6. I made E6 in 5 years, late by 6 months due to not studying enough for the first E6 exam that I took. But to make E7 when I was in, your record had to be reviewed by a board of enlisteds E7 and above, and maybe some officers. I had a black mark on my record, an event based on serious depression that was not properly diagnosed until several years after leaving active duty. 8 years of good fitness evaluations and high test scores were not enough to overcome the black mark that occured at about the 4.5 year mark. So I promoted myself, to overpaid civilian technician.
Judging from my evaluations, I practically walked on water, and there were a lot of $10 words used. It was a lot of fluff. The actual jobs I was assigned were never as difficult as the evals and job descriptions made them out to be.
The military practically invented the $10 words, $20 sentences, and $50 paragraphs. The $100 writing was reserved for the very top performing enlisteds, and all but the worst officers.

Thanks for asking...

My career is kicking ass.:cool:

teacher said:
Dude...

You had to go there.

Class in session...

Dear god dude, in your own mind does what you type make sence?

Or anyone else for that matter. Though I think ability and not will has more to do with it than anything.

Dude, do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Cause and effect. Action and reaction. Seems pretty linear to me.

Oh my god, he dropped the "dear boy" bomb. What's next? Indubutably? Maybe in a fortnight or so.

You feel compeled to defend yourself against NAIVE attacks?

Hey Skil, at least he thinks you're worthy of education due to your "excellent, adaptable comprehension". Or maybe he just needs a dictionary because of his "redundent naivity". But then he'd better get more than one dictionary.

Did you mean:
Being privvy to the knowledge of an air force officer?
Or:
Having been an air force officer?
Like I said dude, you're trying way to hard. Stick to words that you know the meaning of. You're illustrating your "redundent naivity".

I don't think Skil was trying to use any "tactics". He mearly copy/pasted the mandate of a MOS. Nice you could "discern" that though. Must come from being privvy...

Limited? So I take it you are limited to "Classified" or "Secret" material. Doesn't surprise me.

Like I do with your retarded prose?

Algorithmically AND add up? Being a little redundant aren't we?

There he goes again.

Look whos talking.

We weren't talking about the maneuverablity of aircraft. Though with thrust vectoring the F-22 is now the most agile of aircraft. We were discussing stealth aircraft and the ability of such aircraft to do a mission in Iran undectected. For instance, the radar signature of a F-117 is the same of a bumble bee. The B-2 a softball. No word yet on the F-22. Don't quote me on that, it's just what I have been able to "discern" having been "privvy" to being me, teacher, of the colossul brain.

Archon, dude, you try so hard to make yourself appear smart through the use of words that you lose sight of the debate. All while missusing said words. You seem to make no points. You are simply a contrarian of dubious intelligence.

Your homework: Get a Barny coloring book and try to stay in the lines.

Classic.

Class dismissed.

You mean this post teacher? I had to revive it because it is illuminating in eloquence.

Very simple but elaborate at the same time. Again, the enlightenment that teacher unvails is just mind boggling.

Did you hear about that kid who almost made a nuclear reactor in his backyard? I had no idea it was that possible. I think it was in that book "The Radioactive Boy Scout". I am sure there is other media about it out there.

Duke

Are you kidding me? I built one for a science project(except of course with no uranium). Its very simple really. You coud actually get all the materials you would need from a Home Depot and a hobby shop. I also built a small scale size tomohawk missle(a blank one). However, it had all the internals except the weapons system of course(ie chips, software, motherboard). Its amazing what you can make with a machine shop. :rofl

SKILMATIC said:
teacher said:
Dude...

Are you kidding me? I built one for a science project(except of course with no uranium). Its very simple really. You coud actually get all the materials you would need from a Home Depot and a hobby shop. I also built a small scale size tomohawk missle(a blank one). However, it had all the internals except the weapons system of course(ie chips, software, motherboard). Its amazing what you can make with a machine shop. :rofl
Amazing what you can do with the cardboard tube from inside the paper towels, a little glue, and some cotton to simulate smoke....

UtahBill said:

Are you sure you didnt mean the people were low on substance? Well then what did you mean by saying "low people in the enlisted ranks?" Seems pretty straight forward to me and is pretty astounding especially coming from a former enlisted person yourself. Also I never thought that they were depending on me for everything. Now common sense would say that they would be dependant and intrusting me with certain things on their aircraft but I wouldnt be their god so to say. I just give respect where respect is due. Without these people on the ground doing their much respected job pilots wouldnt be able to do a damn thing.

I was in for 4 yrs as a reservist. I volunteered to serve on a ship(as active duty obviously) and I served in afghanistan and during the iraqi war. My actual rate was a AO. During my reservist term and before(during highschool) I was an internee for a couple of different engineering companies(to name a few Boeing and Lockheed were the major ones)for a place called SPAWAR which is located in San Diego right near MCRD. In my rate I also got to learn a great deal from my ship mates in the areas of ABF, AD, AE, AM, AMH, AME, AT, and others. Now I just got accepted to the Air Force Academy about 2-3 months ago. I am finishing my current college semster and I will departing for Colorado around April of next year.

I thank you for your service sir. I always am glad to hear from my fellow swabbies:lol: . O and btw, I did learn a great deal about nuclear ordinance from the NF guys at SPAWAR. Which is why you are wandering how come I know about these matters.

Again I have to ask you what did your article say that has dubbed my explanation worthless because I am "some kid that knows a little about planes."

Back
Top Bottom