• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should The Entire United States Be Like California?

Should The Entire United States Be Like California?

• Total voters
Now I know nothing about you but take your yearly income and see how you would live in those states vs California.

Don't you understand? I would be miserable in a 10,000 Sq Ft home with no museums, theaters, restaurants, incredible architecture and jazz clubs.

Homelessness is rampant in California for a reason. Poor people can't afford to live there.

Gonna move on to the usual lies about poop and needles?

Red America produces 1/4 of America's GDP and is almost exclusively made up of taker states that leech of blue state federal tax dollars. Red America shouldn't say anything about how CA supposedly doing poorly.

But then, I have trouble remembering whether I've seen any Trumpist posts that weren't packed with malicious lies.

I know what a homeless person is and I know there are way more of them in California than in any other state.

You know what a homeless person is! OMG, you must be an expert. My sincerest apologies.

:rolleyes:

PS: in addition to having the fifth largest economy as compared to entire countries, California also has a population of over 39,000,000 people.

I don't think you really know what you are talking about. The truly homeless in California have it much worse than someone who lives in a trailer in Alabama.

I am completely serious. You are totally mistaken.

Like it or not, the United States of America will be in several decades California writ large.

Some people are looking toward such a possibility with ecstasy.

Some people are not that thrilled, but they have surrendered to the inevitable.

Gonna move on to the usual lies about poop and needles?

Red America produces 1/4 of America's GDP and is almost exclusively made up of taker states that leech of blue state federal tax dollars. Red America shouldn't say anything about how CA supposedly doing poorly.

But then, I have trouble remembering whether I've seen any Trumpist posts that weren't packed with malicious lies.

You know what a homeless person is! OMG, you must be an expert. My sincerest apologies.

:rolleyes:

PS: in addition to having the fifth largest economy as compared to entire countries, California also has a population of over 39,000,000 people.
There’s no such thing as taker states. That’s a completely contrived measure based on raw federal spending dollars which don’t account for benefit to nation as a whole, nor do those numbers account for added value. If a loaf of bread is 2 dollars at the store, what did wheat farmers in Kansas make from that loaf? Where did the rest of the money go? To big corporations in coastal states.

The trouble with lefties is that they have no idea what the right wing world actually is.
LOL - they don't know where the right wing world actually is. It certainly isn't Earth, for which the right wing has no use but to exploit and trash.

That’s a completely contrived measure based on raw federal spending dollars which don’t account for benefit to nation as a whole, nor do those numbers account for added value. If a loaf of bread is 2 dollars at the store, what did wheat farmers in Kansas make from that loaf? Where did the rest of the money go?

OMG, incredible post. Absolutely incredible. Mind blowing.

Like it or not, the United States of America will be in several decades California writ large.

Some people are looking toward such a possibility with ecstasy.

Some people are not that thrilled, but they have surrendered to the inevitable.
I doubt it. I think the US will undergo collapse before that point. How long will it be before California will have to forcibly expropriate wealth from other areas to keep their proletariat from overthrowing the state?

While I agree, who is the judge and jury of what those best parts are?

The judge and jury will be the people who legislate and the ones who voted them into office. As for how we should judge states, that part is tricky. But however we judge states I think our decisions should be backed up with data. For example, this site ranks states based on different criteria such as health care, education, economy, etc backed by "thousands of data points":

California for example has the #4 ranked economy, but is also ranked #49 in opportunity. So while California looks to be a great model in some ways, in other ways it clearly isn't.

California's economy is fifth when compared to other nations.

If all of America produced as much, we'd never have to think about worrying about China. As it is, we still lead the world even despite red states being a constant drain on blue state wealth, thanks to federal tax and spend choices, lead by McConnell's state - the biggest taker in the country.

California's economy isn't doing as well as perceived. Is it big ?.. indeed .. is it doing great? .. not necessarily. With California being the fifth largest economy, it also has the highest poverty rate in the U.S. (roughly 40%), it has an ongoing housing crisis, where the median house price is right at $600K, it has had more residents leave the state than it gained and it has Gavin Newsom as a Governor.

California is the forth richest country in the world.

If every state was as rich as California, that would be a lot of money.

Lol the poor in California aren’t enjoying anything. My GFs father will die a very early death from all the overtime he does to support the family because of insane cost of living. You certainly haven’t been to any of the Barrios in LA where even their no one can afford to live.

I have lived here since 61, I know the scene. Its expensive, no one can deny that fact. Why? Too many people on too little land and we really can't build up, earthquakes make it tough to do in most places. The barrios have always been the barrios, not sure why you think they are any worse now then they have ever been. Its not easy living here on the edges, I know that and no one really knows how to change it.

So is Florida, but there’s many more homeless in CA then in Florida.

They don't have hurricanes in California.Big drawback.Yet People
are flocking to Florida in droves.Many New Yorkers.But that's always been
the case.Retired Jewish always preferred Florida.Florida has no state income tax.
Like I say ... what does California now have.Not even surfing.Wine Country has
been compromised by terrible land management causing uncontrolled Wildfires.
Of course now Hollywood is an even bigger joke.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, there is a link in post number, now which post was that? Oh yeah, post number one!
No where in the link does it say that every US state should become a carbon copy of California.

Homelessness is rampant in California for a reason. Poor people can't afford to live there.

A large part of the homeless problem in California is that people move there after becoming homeless for the warmth and assistance programs.

California is the forth richest country in the world.

If every state was as rich as California, that would be a lot of money.

According to what.Their Economy.Or basically just Silicon Valley and
maybe Hollywood.Wine country is hurting.
Over $ 3 Trillion in GSP { Gross State Product } for 2019.
I'd like to see the 2018 numbers.Plus in 2010 California had the 4th highest
tax burden in the U.S.
It surely hasn't gone anywhere but UP.

Back
Top Bottom