• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should the democrats include legalizing cannabis in their 2020 platform?

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

I'm not saying they need to highlight it because it does cause too many people with brain death to come to life and complain. What I am suggesting is every democrat should make it a part of the platform. It is a big issue for many people. Wouldn't it be better for the dems to claim the issue instead of folks like john boehner who was against it the whole time he was in congress and now works for a pot company. The R's are in it for the money they can potentially make on the issue. I say don't let them hijack the issue and spin it to their favor.

had hillary campaigned on a legalization of cannabis platform, i believe that would have generated an outpouring of younger people to the polls sufficient to revise the outcome

I'm not saying they need to highlight it because it does cause too many people with brain death to come to life and complain. What I am suggesting is every democrat should make it a part of the platform. It is a big issue for many people. Wouldn't it be better for the dems to claim the issue instead of folks like john boehner who was against it the whole time he was in congress and now works for a pot company. The R's are in it for the money they can potentially make on the issue. I say don't let them hijack the issue and spin it to their favor.

Great way to get significant donations from Hostess Cakes, Lays, Hershey's, Nestle's and a variety of soft drink companies!! ;)

munchies.jpg

Couldn't care less one way or the other since the overwhelming majority of my personal experiences with pot have been pretty awful, but sure, why not.

had hillary campaigned on a legalization of cannabis platform, i believe that would have generated an outpouring of younger people to the polls sufficient to revise the outcome

I'm of the mind that any change would have tipped the election in her favor. If Comey had decided not to publicly release his letter? President Clinton. If Clinton had visited Wisconsin and Pennsylvania? President Clinton. If Trump hadn't colluded with Russia? President Clinton. If Hillary had promised marijuana legalization? President Clinton.

Marijuana is legalized on a state to state basis and that's how it should remain, the feds should stay out of it.

Marijuana is legalized on a state to state basis and that's how it should remain, the feds should stay our of it.

A federal framework is probably not possible for a variety of reasons anyway.

Plus the Evangelicals will **** several bricks and there'll be a howling of unbelievable magnitude.

The best that can be hoped for, is that its rescheduled and the States have at it.

I'm of the mind that any change would have tipped the election in her favor. If Comey had decided not to publicly release his letter? President Clinton. If Clinton had visited Wisconsin and Pennsylvania? President Clinton. If Trump hadn't colluded with Russia? President Clinton. If Hillary had promised marijuana legalization? President Clinton.

I'm more of the mind that if the Russians hadn't poured millions of dollars into a smear campaign of HRC and if Comey didn't put come out with that announcement, she would have won by a landslide. The damage due to the success of the Russian hacking and dis-information campaign was extremely underestimated.

Couldn't care less one way or the other since the overwhelming majority of my personal experiences with pot have been pretty awful, but sure, why not.

Paranoia situations? Or did you drink first, and THEN get stoned? Often a mistake.

Paranoia situations? Or did you drink first, and THEN get stoned? Often a mistake.

Bit of alcohol is not a problem.

Smoking, then alcohol can be a mellower.

If you're **** faced though, and then you smoke a doobie, you're gonna be toast, at best you might pass out, at worst you will become a projectile vomiting monster that loses all basic motor functions.

Yes. Legalize mind altering drugs. Disband police forces. Tear down border barriers. Ban all guns. Kill every baby in the womb. Force everyone to become proficient in sexual perversion. Criminalize Christianity and conservatism. Then the democrat oligarchs can despotly rule in peace with lush brutality.

Marijuana is legalized on a state to state basis and that's how it should remain, the feds should stay out of it.

Well, the thing is, the Feds are fighting a losing battle, and having the Feds continue to create this mess is not going to turn the tide in their favor. Eventually ALL FIFTY STATES are going to legalize the weed one way or another and by 2024 I wager it will enjoy FULL legalization in 45 states or more.

Are the Feds going to continue their Harry Anslinger nonsense if ALL FIFTY states legalize it?
They need to just give up on this because sanity and the facts won the war, a war that they're wasting valuable funds on that could be put to good use elsewhere.

So marijuana IS being legalized on a state to state basis but the Feds need to finally admit that pot is no big deal and they need to announce that the war is over and allow states to do business in weed as they see fit, just like ALCOHOL.

It's over...you dumb Feds, it is OVER.

A federal framework is probably not possible for a variety of reasons anyway.

Disagree. Evangelicals and other morons are the only reason why it's not possible.
A federal framework WILL happen one way or another.
It's the maintaining the federal BARRIER which is nonsensical.

Yes. Legalize mind altering drugs. Disband police forces. Tear down border barriers. Ban all guns. Kill every baby in the womb. Force everyone to become proficient in sexual perversion. Criminalize Christianity and conservatism. Then the democrat oligarchs can despotly rule in peace with lush brutality.

ROFLMAO!!!!
OMG you're comedy gold.

A bong hit is about the same thing as a beer.
You going full tilt INSANE and screeching about mass hysteria and the end of the world is more entertaining than watching Reefer Madness.

By the way, what IS "Lush Brutality"? Sounds like some kind of new perfume.

i wouldn't make it a top issue before the election, but i would support putting it somewhere in the platform. it's stupid to allow recreational use of pot in some states while putting people in jail for doing the same thing in others.

oops, you forgot one thing like arrest all hysterical Trumpers and ship them all off to Russia to live so they could get a better understanding of why we've been warning you that Russia is a threat and not our friend.

I would definitely like it if the feds dropped it as an issue (with a lot of caveats). I'm no political strategist. That may very well help, seeing as how people of every "side" seem to prefer less opiates and more weed when they're in pain.

It needs to happen at some point. Is 2020 a strategic opening? I'd say that depends on the likely idiocy of the next 2 years, sadly.

I need to check Michael Bennet's policies (I don't think he's running), but his speech-argument against Ted Cruz was fantastic. (subject: "crocodile tears" about the shutdown's effects, the damage done by the "Freedom Caucus"). And he's from CO.

Last edited:
Bit of alcohol is not a problem.

Smoking, then alcohol can be a mellower.

If you're **** faced though, and then you smoke a doobie, you're gonna be toast, at best you might pass out, at worst you will become a projectile vomiting monster that loses all basic motor functions.

None of the above. I'm just "not chemically compatible with pot" guy.

None of the above. I'm just "not chemically compatible with pot" guy.

It can be a tough drug depending on the person.

I remember the moment, it turned on me, I was having a pretty good time with it, for quite awhile, but one day I was playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, and it just hit me, like a train, pretty much started with "Woh... War an stuff", dark thoughts, thinking way too much about life, paranoia, yeah, it's been an up and down relationship since, sometimes good, sometimes bad.

Sex is amazing with it though, will say that much.

It can be a tough drug depending on the person.

I remember the moment, it turned on me, I was having a pretty good time with it, for quite awhile, but one day I was playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, and it just hit me, like a train, pretty much started with "Woh... War an stuff", dark thoughts, thinking way too much about life, paranoia, yeah, it's been an up and down relationship since, sometimes good, sometimes bad.

Sex is amazing with it though, will say that much.

I ain't a kid so don't get me wrong, I have my positive stories too. But by a certain age you realize that your experiences with a thing are more negative than positive.

Disagree. Evangelicals and other morons are the only reason why it's not possible.
A federal framework WILL happen one way or another.
It's the maintaining the federal BARRIER which is nonsensical.

pfft, Federal politicians can't even agree on what color the sky is, depending on what party affiliation says its blue, you tell me Congress is going to be able to come up with a Federal Framework for the distribution and sale of Marijuana when a hard floor of probably around a third of the country is going to go completely off the rails because they've been told their whole lives its the stuff of the devil.

Fox will do wall to wall programming that will rival reefer madness and will paint those attempting to legalize it as communist infiltrators hell bent on turning Americas children into couch prone zombies.

Could be wrong, but I wouldn't bet against me on this one.

Comey HAD TO release the email story, because it was being released by the SDNY. He SAT ON IT FOR OVER A MONTH....

See that right there is why every sane person should be very afraid of people like you.
You know that slippery slope they are always talking about it's all the things they would do just the opposite when they are in power.
Criminalize all drugs. Militarize the police, build walls everywhere, legalize nutjobs having guns, force women to have kids, criminalize anything other than missionary sex in every bedroom, force religion and conservatism on everyone
Then the Republican oligarchs can despottly rule in lush bliss and brutality.

pfft, Federal politicians can't even agree on what color the sky is, depending on what party affiliation says its blue, you tell me Congress is going to be able to come up with a Federal Framework for the distribution and sale of Marijuana when a hard floor of probably around a third of the country is going to go completely off the rails because they've been told their whole lives its the stuff of the devil.

Fox will do wall to wall programming that will rival reefer madness and will paint those attempting to legalize it as communist infiltrators hell bent on turning Americas children into couch prone zombies.

Could be wrong, but I wouldn't bet against me on this one.

Well geez whiz, I wasn't saying that they should put together a national standard, just drop the criminal element.
Really, that is all they need to do, just announce that it is no longer subject to federal prosecution so that banks can do business with dispensaries, etc.

Drop the WAR. If they wish to pursue everything else you're referencing, that's up to them but the issue is, right now the federal WAR rages on. All they have to do is end their war, and they can just let states determine how to deal with the rest.

A so called "Federal Framework for the distribution and sale of Marijuana" isn't as necessary as just dropping it off the list of dangerous drugs and letting go of the rest of the war, call off the DEA, etc.

See that right there is why every sane person should be very afraid of people like you.
You know that slippery slope they are always talking about it's all the things they would do just the opposite when they are in power.
Criminalize all drugs. Militarize the police, build walls everywhere, legalize nutjobs having guns, force women to have kids, criminalize anything other than missionary sex in every bedroom, force religion and conservatism on everyone
Then the Republican oligarchs can despottly rule in lush bliss and brutality.

I guarantee you everything you said after:

"....just the opposite when they are in power."

...went right over his head. He didn't read it, he didn't see it, he didn't process it.

Imagine a conversation in real life with people like him for a moment.

Back
Top Bottom