• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SHould the courts allow this bankruptcy?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Alex Jones was sued by the parents of the Sandy Hook school shooting where he continued to tell people on his show is what a hoax. The parents of those children killed at Sandy Hook sued him and he refused all attempts to get him to testify or even supply documents. He has lost the suit and is now liable for damages, but instead he is having his website trying for bankruptcy to insure the parents get no money from him. The parents have said they know he has been hiding money prior to his loss in court. Should the court refuse to approve the bankruptcy claim and force Jones into a financial audit to see if the parents are correct that Jones tried to hide his money? If jones can get out from under this law suit by using the bankruptcy courts, will others follow. Not knowing the bankruptcy laws, can the court make Jones pay these damages from future earnings? I mean Jones could just start another website tomorrow and continue to earn money from his far right contributors who believe his conspiracies.

Short answer is courts should tell Jones to piss off and pay up, because he is a prick and deserves a little pain in return for his words.

Longer answer is substitute anyone else in America, preferably lower middle class and a unknown, put them in a similar situation. Then try and figure out how the courts would handle an unknown case, one out of the spotlight without the opinion pieces written and how would that average Jo be treated. Whatever outcome you settle on for that person is the same that Jones should get. Part of the “American Dream” is the ideal that all people Rich or Poor in the public eye or an unknown should all be treated equally in the eyes of the law.

I don't think courts should allow defendants to hide money to escape payment, and I believe that for all defendant's. I hope the judge puts a team of forensic accountant's to ferret out the money, and force him to pay every dime. If Jones is truly bankrupt, let him make payments as needed. I read the other day his estimated net worth is around $18 million.

i posted on another board way back. a TON of the stuff Jones lied about (not just Sandy Hook) was repeated by many Republicans there.

it was so ****ing disgusting.

Alex Jones was sued by the parents of the Sandy Hook school shooting where he continued to tell people on his show is what a hoax. The parents of those children killed at Sandy Hook sued him and he refused all attempts to get him to testify or even supply documents. He has lost the suit and is now liable for damages, but instead he is having his website trying for bankruptcy to insure the parents get no money from him. The parents have said they know he has been hiding money prior to his loss in court. Should the court refuse to approve the bankruptcy claim and force Jones into a financial audit to see if the parents are correct that Jones tried to hide his money? If jones can get out from under this law suit by using the bankruptcy courts, will others follow. Not knowing the bankruptcy laws, can the court make Jones pay these damages from future earnings? I mean Jones could just start another website tomorrow and continue to earn money from his far right contributors who believe his conspiracies.
He should be personally liable and not use the machinations of CPAs as a shield.

Johnson&Johnson claims bankrptcy to avoid paying lawsuits.

The company continues to claim its products did not hurt the plaintiffs. It has also taken steps to try to avoid liability, including moving the talc lawsuits to a subsidiary, LTL Management LLC, and then filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy for that entity. The bankruptcy court will determine how this move will turn out for Johnson & Johnson in 2022, according to Reuters.

This is what happens when corporations run the country.

Should the court refuse to approve the bankruptcy claim and force Jones into a financial audit to see if the parents are correct that Jones tried to hide his money?
Yes. There is no doubt the he is lying and has sheltered money. ind it all and fine the greasy bastard into abject poverty.

Johnson&Johnson claims bankrptcy to avoid paying lawsuits.

The company continues to claim its products did not hurt the plaintiffs. It has also taken steps to try to avoid liability, including moving the talc lawsuits to a subsidiary, LTL Management LLC, and then filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy for that entity. The bankruptcy court will determine how this move will turn out for Johnson & Johnson in 2022, according to Reuters.

This is what happens when corporations run the country.
Those maneuvers should be illegal as well.

Back
Top Bottom