• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should The Confederate States Be Expelled From The US?

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I mean they were traitors. We currently have a Virginia governor and the Virginia attorney general who wore blackface in college. We have confederate monuments. We have cities, streets, schools, and other things named after Confederates. We have license plates on cars and flags flying at people's homes and many who live in those states are descendants from Confederates and we even have Confederate cemeteries to honor the traitors. If there are so many people who are descendants of traitors then there are not a viable amount of people left to even govern the states. Or, do we just pass a law saying that only blacks can govern the ex Confederate states? Or, should we just kick their traitor asses out of the United States for being traitors? Forgiveness of the past is not allowed. Anything or anyone connected with the Confederacy or the KKK, no matter how long ago, will be destroyed. No exceptions.

those are good ideas, but I'm not sure that would be enough.

Sure, let’s get a gigantic saw and cut off the Southern states. Hopefully they will float to the underbelly of China, which needs a diaper anyway. Win win.

I mean they were traitors. We currently have a Virginia governor and the Virginia attorney general who wore blackface in college. We have confederate monuments. We have cities, streets, schools, and other things named after Confederates. We have license plates on cars and flags flying at people's homes and many who live in those states are descendants from Confederates and we even have Confederate cemeteries to honor the traitors. If there are so many people who are descendants of traitors then there are not a viable amount of people left to even govern the states. Or, do we just pass a law saying that only blacks can govern the ex Confederate states? Or, should we just kick their traitor asses out of the United States for being traitors? Forgiveness of the past is not allowed. Anything or anyone connected with the Confederacy or the KKK, no matter how long ago, will be destroyed. No exceptions.

No, they shouldn't be.

Next asinine question, please.

Sure, let’s get a gigantic saw and cut off the Southern states. Hopefully they will float to the underbelly of China, which needs a diaper anyway. Win win.

I'd be all for it, then I would be entertained in seeing what he left starts bellyaching about after that's taken care of... because ya know, there's NO WAY that would settle things.

As long as we can let California fall into the ocean.

Pretty much the ENTIRE GOAL of the Confederacy was to leave the US. So....a century and a half ago.

The Confederates may have been traitors, but the states were reabsorbed into the Union following the war. There may be a strange hero-worshiping culture surrounding the Confederacy still today, but there is no need to expel states.

I'd be all for it, then I would be entertained in seeing what he left starts bellyaching about after that's taken care of... because ya know, there's NO WAY that would settle things.

The left are like the French. There's always something to protest about.

The Confederates may have been traitors, but the states were reabsorbed into the Union following the war. There may be a strange hero-worshiping culture surrounding the Confederacy still today, but there is no need to expel states.

There is no Constitutional mechanism for "expelling" states.

How about people stop idolizing ancestors that were scum. Maybe they can get something in their own lives worth anything, so that they needn't live vicariously through dead scum.

Nah. Democrats were and are our brothers. Insane or not.

One thing the left fail to understand is that many who fought and died in the war as Confederates didn't do so because they were traitors and many on the Union side who fought and died didn't do so out of anything more than fighting for their country, not because they were against slavery. I bet many Union soldiers didn't give a crap about freeing slaves. People of the North fought for their states while those in the South fought for the states they lived in. To label every Confederate soldier as a traitor is a crime in and of itself. Take the Vietnam war for example, or any other war. Most of them are fighting for their country, not because they had an ax to grind against Communists, terrorists, or whatever. Many join just to have a job or to get an education, or motivations beyond what the war is actually about. In fact, many have enlisted while we weren't even fighting a war. The left seem to believe Confederate soldiers had one and only one motivation - to be traitors or to fight for slavery.

How about people stop idolizing ancestors that were scum. Maybe they can get something in their own lives worth anything, so that they needn't live vicariously through dead scum.

I can see the hatred and bigotry in your post. The hate and intolerance of others consumes you.

Pretty much the ENTIRE GOAL of the Confederacy was to leave the US. So....a century and a half ago.

And i doubt there would be all that many opposed today.

Give us back our art work, let NoVa become part of DC. If your nice we might let California apply for foreign aid.

I can see the hatred and bigotry in your post. The hate and intolerance of others consumes you.

Maybe you should learn history and stop fantasizing about the past. Join the rest of us in the 21st century condemning treason and the murder of Americans.

And spare us the internet Dr. Phil. What pansy crap.

Where do you come up with this nonsense?

One thing the left fail to understand is that many who fought and died in the war as Confederates didn't do so because they were traitors and many on the Union side who fought and died didn't do so out of anything more than fighting for their country, not because they were against slavery. I bet many Union soldiers didn't give a crap about freeing slaves. People of the North fought for their states while those in the South fought for the states they lived in. To label every Confederate soldier as a traitor is a crime in and of itself. Take the Vietnam war for example, or any other war. Most of them are fighting for their country, not because they had an ax to grind against Communists, terrorists, or whatever. Many join just to have a job or to get an education, or motivations beyond what the war is actually about. In fact, many have enlisted while we weren't even fighting a war. The left seem to believe Confederate soldiers had one and only one motivation - to be traitors or to fight for slavery.

I'm not talking about Confederate soldiers. The Confederacy was obviously traitorous. I understand it is more complicated on the individual soldier level, but I don't understand why we should worship monuments to the movement itself.

Back
Top Bottom