• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should The Confederate States Be Expelled From The US?

Or, should we just kick their traitor asses out of the United States for being traitors?

I may be wrong, of course, but I think that "they" would be eternally grateful if "we" did kick them out.

No, not really. If I were conscripted into a treasonous army, I'd leave. It's acting on a thing we call 'principle'.

But you're welcome to entertain any fantasy that amuses you.
Real easy to talk about principles when you’re living in another time and place. I’d imagine most who didn’t want to serve understood the grave consequences of refusing. But you’re not bothered by any of that because you’re a 21st Century principled person.:roll:

Real easy to talk about principles when you’re living in another time and place. I’d imagine most who didn’t want to serve understood the grave consequences of refusing. But you’re not bothered by any of that because you’re a 21st Century principled person.

Of course it's easy. Principle is also something I live by. Something you might consider looking into some day.

Again, you're welcome to your fantasies. I'm simply not interested in them.

Of course it's easy. It's also something I live by. Something you might consider looking into some day.
Again, you're welcome to your fantasies. I'm simply not interested in them.
The fact that you think living by principles is easy indicates your misunderstanding of the word. Living by principles isn’t easy. Living without principles is easy. I know the difference because I do live life by following my principles.

The fact that you think living by principles is easy indicates your misunderstanding of the word. Living by principles isn’t easy. Living without principles is easy. I know the difference because I do live life by following my principles.

No, saying it is easy, as you stated, not living it. That's rather more difficult.

Since one of your principles is apparently rank dishonesty, I can see how you're actually walking it like you talk it.

I like that in a person.

Good luck with your fantasies.

You are aware that the Confederacy used conscription, right? A lot of those men you refer to as traitors weren’t given any choice, and many who volunteered did so because of a misguided sense of loyalty to their friends who were joining, and their state’s leaders who filled their heads with false propaganda.

You make a valid point, not all southerners were traitors, most weren't slave owners and this should be more well know. But I can't agree with your view of most southerners who took up arms against the Union.

"...Many southern soldiers remained loyal when their states seceded; 40 percent of Virginian officers in the United States military, for example, stayed with the Union.[6] During the war, many Southern Unionists went North and joined the Union armies. Others joined when Union armies entered their hometowns in Tennessee, Virginia, Arkansas, Louisiana and elsewhere. Over 100,000 Southern Unionists served in the Union Army during the Civil War, and every Southern state, except South Carolina, raised at least a battalion..."

As shown above, many soldiers and their leaders remained loyal to the Union. So a good percentage of southerners you mention above must of have had other friends or acquaintances who supported the Union. They could have remained loyal to those friends.

"...Although most of the soldiers who fought in the American Civil War were volunteers, both sides by 1862 resorted to conscription, primarily as a means to force men to register and to volunteer. In the absence of exact records, estimates of the percentage of Confederate soldiers who were draftees are about double the 6 percent of United States soldiers who were conscripts..."

Given how small the percentage of conscripts were in the Confederate Army, I believe that the vast majority of southerners did have a choice of where to place their loyalty...

No, saying it is easy, as you stated, not living it. That's rather more difficult.
Since one of your principles is apparently rank dishonesty, I can see how you're actually walking it like you talk it.
I like that in a person.
Good luck with your fantasies.
Being judgemental must rank very highly as one of your principles. Falsely condemning long dead soldiers, and falsely labelling someone who challenges your idiotic belief. Pathetic. I’ll bet you’re a real hero in your own head. Later.

Being judgemental must rank very highly as one of your principles. Falsely condemning long dead soldiers, and falsely labelling someone who challenges your idiotic belief. Pathetic. I’ll bet you’re a real hero in your own head. Later.

No, not at all. And I haven't made any false accusations.

Clearly living by the principle of laughable, rank dishonesty comes easy to you.

Have a day.

You make a valid point, not all southerners were traitors, most weren't slave owners and this should be more well know. But I can't agree with your view of most southerners who took up arms against the Union.

"...Many southern soldiers remained loyal when their states seceded; 40 percent of Virginian officers in the United States military, for example, stayed with the Union.[6] During the war, many Southern Unionists went North and joined the Union armies. Others joined when Union armies entered their hometowns in Tennessee, Virginia, Arkansas, Louisiana and elsewhere. Over 100,000 Southern Unionists served in the Union Army during the Civil War, and every Southern state, except South Carolina, raised at least a battalion..."

As shown above, many soldiers and their leaders remained loyal to the Union. So a good percentage of southerners you mention above must of have had other friends or acquaintances who supported the Union. They could have remained loyal to those friends.

"...Although most of the soldiers who fought in the American Civil War were volunteers, both sides by 1862 resorted to conscription, primarily as a means to force men to register and to volunteer. In the absence of exact records, estimates of the percentage of Confederate soldiers who were draftees are about double the 6 percent of United States soldiers who were conscripts..."

Given how small the percentage of conscripts were in the Confederate Army, I believe that the vast majority of southerners did have a choice of where to place their loyalty...
Reread what I posted regarding misguided loyalties and propaganda.

Trump and his followers are a reasonable facsimile of the mindset of the time. Compare and consider.

Oh Jesus. Are you black? I'll listen to you if you are. Otherwise, you have no wounds. That's what SJW's are.

As much as The Cult takes pride in being proud nationalists, I take pride in my fight for justice, social or otherwise...

Yes SJWs like you and Trumptard who tell people they can’t take a knee during the national anthem. Your comments are proven hypocritical Bull**** non-moderate fascist.

First off, we aren't talking about people. We are talking about NFL players. Second of all, I don't see where they have been dictated to that they can't take a knee. Could you please link to the executive order or the law dictating this.

I hate treason. You clearly love it.

Why do you hate America and what it stands for?

You know what's funny? Funny is when Trump runs on a campaign theme of "Make America Great Again" and the left blasts him for it, claiming that America is already great and always has been, followed by the left for two solid years claiming that America indeed isn't great after all. Why do YOU hate America? Why do you hate anything and everything you disagree with? Where is your tolerance of others? What happened to, "When they go low, we go high"?

Really? i know many liberals and have never once heard such a position.

Maybe you just hang out with the extremists.

Don't get out much do you? Just recently you're out to get a man who has been a model Democrat for decades, based solely on a stupid thing he did 35 years ago. He must be destroyed and he must be destroyed forever. No apologies accepted. Off with his head.

I may be wrong, of course, but I think that "they" would be eternally grateful if "we" did kick them out.

As usual, you can't think past what happened 150 years ago. No room in between your ears for anything out of your self imposed box.

As much as The Cult takes pride in being proud nationalists, I take pride in my fight for justice, social or otherwise...

In other words, your arrogance know no bounds. You consider yourself better than everyone you disagree with. You are filled with hate and intolerance of others.

You know what's funny? Funny is when Trump runs on a campaign theme of "Make America Great Again" and the left blasts him for it, claiming that America is already great and always has been, followed by the left for two solid years claiming that America indeed isn't great after all. Why do YOU hate America? Why do you hate anything and everything you disagree with? Where is your tolerance of others? What happened to, "When they go low, we go high"?

You know what's funny? That suckers and rubes still honestly believe the shuck and jive bull**** from a lifelong con-man about making America great again, when he's fleecing it.

I hate treason, and you clearly love it.

Why do you hate America and what it stands for? Why do you hate Americans?

The Confederates may have been traitors, but the states were reabsorbed into the Union following the war. There may be a strange hero-worshiping culture surrounding the Confederacy still today, but there is no need to expel states.

It might not be a bad idea. The former confed would rapidly industrialize due to free market economic policy and without a counterbalance the overwhelmingly blue USA remaining will go full Venezuela.

I mean they were traitors. We currently have a Virginia governor and the Virginia attorney general who wore blackface in college. We have confederate monuments. We have cities, streets, schools, and other things named after Confederates. We have license plates on cars and flags flying at people's homes and many who live in those states are descendants from Confederates and we even have Confederate cemeteries to honor the traitors. If there are so many people who are descendants of traitors then there are not a viable amount of people left to even govern the states. Or, do we just pass a law saying that only blacks can govern the ex Confederate states? Or, should we just kick their traitor asses out of the United States for being traitors? Forgiveness of the past is not allowed. Anything or anyone connected with the Confederacy or the KKK, no matter how long ago, will be destroyed. No exceptions.

You sure sound like a Moderate... :lol:

You know what's funny? That suckers and rubes still honestly believe the shuck and jive bull**** from a lifelong con-man about making America great again, when he's fleecing it.

I hate treason, and you clearly love it.

Why do you hate America and what it stands for? Why do you hate Americans?

Why do you hate America and what it stands for? Why do you hate Americans? Your intolerance and hatred of others is out of control.

Don't get out much do you? Just recently you're out to get a man who has been a model Democrat for decades, based solely on a stupid thing he did 35 years ago. He must be destroyed and he must be destroyed forever. No apologies accepted. Off with his head.

Lol I'm not out to get anybody. I could give a **** about stupid things. Yes, it wasn't right but it was 35 years ago as you said.

One thing the left fail to understand is that many who fought and died in the war as Confederates didn't do so because they were traitors and many on the Union side who fought and died didn't do so out of anything more than fighting for their country, not because they were against slavery. I bet many Union soldiers didn't give a crap about freeing slaves. People of the North fought for their states while those in the South fought for the states they lived in. To label every Confederate soldier as a traitor is a crime in and of itself. Take the Vietnam war for example, or any other war. Most of them are fighting for their country, not because they had an ax to grind against Communists, terrorists, or whatever. Many join just to have a job or to get an education, or motivations beyond what the war is actually about. In fact, many have enlisted while we weren't even fighting a war. The left seem to believe Confederate soldiers had one and only one motivation - to be traitors or to fight for slavery.

Today's army and the civil war armies had nothing in common other than fighting. The south broke from the union over slavery. To claim they were anything other than traitors to the united states of america is to obscure the truth. Sure they were fighting for what they believed in and or their brothers, fathers, cousins or states does not remove the underlying cause, slavery. We should not honor anything from the south about that time, it's a giant stain on america's soul.

Back
Top Bottom