• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should the catholic church give jews reparations for their role in the holocaust?

Should the catholic church give jews reparations for their role in the holocaust?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Most everyone involved is already deceased or an Octogenarian.

Many Catholic priests also died in the camps.

YES.

I think that some Catholic cardinals in Nazi Germany were seen smiling with der Fuhrer.

But cardinals are just human beings who did not want to be sent to concentration camps.

So we cannot blame them.

The Church can, however, show its sorrow for being afraid to protest the mistreatment of the Jewish people.

Reparations should be paid to families whose loved ones were murdered.

It is still unbelievable how cruel and savage we two-legged animals are when we think of the Holocaust and the genocide in Rwanda, Cambodia, and -- it is said -- what the Chinese are doing to the Uyghurs.

YES.

I think that some Catholic cardinals in Nazi Germany were seen smiling with der Fuhrer.

But cardinals are just human beings who did not want to be sent to concentration camps.

So we cannot blame them.

The Church can, however, show its sorrow for being afraid to protest the mistreatment of the Jewish people.

Reparations should be paid to families whose loved ones were murdered.

It is still unbelievable how cruel and savage we two-legged animals are when we think of the Holocaust and the genocide in Rwanda, Cambodia, and -- it is said -- what the Chinese are doing to the Uyghurs.
The pope sanctioned the holocaust

"Individuals are not responsible for the sins of other members of their groups." Wilfred Reilly, "A Positive Vision: The Agenda of 1776"

The pope sanctioned the holocaust
Thanks for your comment.

BUT what little I have read about Pius Xll refutes your assertion.

I know that His Holiness has been criticized for not doing more, but what could he do?

The Vatican does not have any armed forces.

If His Holiness had been too strident, the Nazis would have likely arrested him and other top Church leaders.

(P.S. Some Catholic cardinals have bravely defied tyranny. In El Salvador, one was murdered. In South Korea, one defied the military dictatorship by telling the military he personally would bar their entrance into the cathedral where he had granted sanctuary to protesters. One in Uganda was imprisoned and brutalized by a horrific individual called Idi Amin.)

If His Holiness had been too strident, the Nazis would have likely arrested him and other top Church leaders.
A true man of god should be willing to die for what its right. Good to know that the pope is a *****.

A true man of god should be willing to die for what its right.
Please check out the new thread about Jonathan Daniels.

He gave his life for what he felt was a righteous cause.

As a lifelong coward myself, I admire those human beings who are ready to give up their lives for what they feel is justice.

No. They need to go back to the Spanish Inquisition and find those victims first. I bet you didn't expect that;

Yes. I will take a personal check. or in bitcoins.

If the Catholic church starts handing out reperations to the Jews, they have a lot to do long before the holocost.

If one is going to hit the Catholic Church on that, one shouldn't forget the Protestant one either.

Martin Luther, the real initiator of equally real Protestantism (not the later Henry VIII version that the US follows to the point of many believing that Protestantism was an Anglo-Saxon thing), already railed against the Jews something awful.

Most everyone involved is already deceased or an Octogenarian.

Many Catholic priests also died in the camps.
That applies equally to reparations for slavery, so you cant pick and choose.

I for one would love to see the Vatican bankrupted and I'll take any means necessary to do it.

Back
Top Bottom