• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should the Canadian truckers been bargained with?

Should the Canadian truckers been bargained with?

• Yes they should be bargained with to have laws/regulations changed

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No they should not be bargained with to have laws/regulations changed

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As with any protest like this they should only be listened to once they stop public protests and use the proper political channels.
I'm all for peaceful protests but they must have an end goal of having people who can negotiate in good faith with the authorities and not hinder regular people who have nothing to do with the issue.

That's why we're talking about emergency circumstances here. Due process gets suspended during emergencies since time is of the essence.

Ultimately, due processed is served.

I see a lot of assumptions that the Canadian truckers should or should not have been bargained with over their concern about COVID policies. I have not seen a direct discussion though.

It looks like it would be an interesting debate.
I would’ve suspended the mandate, for let’s say, one month. Then I would ask the truckers to come to the bargaining table. If they refused, and continued to obstruct the roadways, charge them for whatever law they violated. Same thing for stalemate after a month. You can’t just block streets because you disagree with something. I wouldn’t beat them up and run they over with horses though. We tend to rally for protests that block streets in other countries. Our streets, not so much. JMHO

Back
Top Bottom