• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should the American women revolt, if the male-dominated GOP Supreme Court indeed rules against their bodily integrity and free reproductive choice ?

?

• Total voters
I'm not a huge fan of protests, and I don't want the left women to be stupid like the idiotic Trump supporters who stormed the Capitol looking to hang people. Quiet marching around the SCOTUS building without the Trumpian rhetoric would work for me.
I can understand that. But respectfully, virtually every major civil right in any country that was codified into law was preceded by large protests. Including the right to abortion originally. Protesting seems to be the best method of securing civil rights.

It's the only thing the Republican knuckle-draggers understand.
portland riot.jpg
portland riot 3.jpg
portland riot 2.jpg

I can understand that. But respectfully, virtually every major civil right in any country that was codified into law was preceded by large protests. Including the right to abortion originally. Protesting seems to be the best method of securing civil rights.
Stop fomenting insurrection.

Stop fomenting insurrection.
You're the kind of person that would have opposed women protesting for the right to vote and the civil rights protests of the 60s.

Pretty simple. It's not fair to the probably more than half the women in this country who will be shut out by the pro-life states. We need a nation law on this issue.

I understand it's complicated, but leaving it up to the states makes it even more complicated.
Doing it the right way usually isn't the most expedient.

Nobody back in 2009 thought that there would be far-right SC justice terrorists who'd throw women back to the middle ages ...
I am sure the people who voted for Obama with the expectation that Roe was going to be codified as promised thought otherwise. Roe has been a wedge issue for 50 years. One side or the other was going to "win" eventually. Obama and Democrats wanted to maintain the fear that Roe could be overturned as that wedge. Has a Democrat issue ever been solved?

If by fluctuates you mean has been trending steadily upwards for decades with each generation consistently supporting abortion more than the last, sure. Give it a decade and we will have upwards of 80% support for abortion rights.
View attachment 67388782
Oh, I don't doubt it, although it has ebbed and flowed.

Interesting Marist poll - https://www.kofc.org/en/resources/communications/marist-polling-slide-deck2022.pdf - when we get into specifics of when there should be limits on abortion, most Americans do favor limits and restrictions, apparently.

That's my feeling on it, too. I think most people try to look at it reasonably. I mean, if my daughter was impregnated at a young age, I would not want her to have to have the baby. I think early abortions can be understandable, and the abortion pill is a great idea, or Plan B. I think there is a limit though, conceptually. I know it would be rare for a woman to even get an abortion at 7 or 8 months, but certainly, I think most of us can agree that absent a real medical need, that would be horrid.

I personally like the way Canada does it. They just have it regulated by the medical field, which ends up with de facto restrictions. I wouldn't be looking to put peopel in jail over abortions.

I am sure the people who voted for Obama with the expectation that Roe was codified as promised thought otherwise. Roe has been a wedge issue for 50 years. One side or the other was going to "win" eventually.
Roe v Wade is a terrible decision, from the standpoint of constitutional law. The ends don't justify the means. Planned Parenthood v Casey overruled a lot of Roe v Wade.

Codify it, then. Call your legislators. Tell them you support an abortion bill that enshrines it.

You're the kind of person that would have opposed women protesting for the right to vote and the civil rights protests of the 60s.
LOL, I support everyone's right to protest. I just don't think it's limited to one point of view.

Anything that 60% of Americans really support should be easily passed.
We have had majority support for weed legalization for a long time now.

Cute that leftists view slaughtering unborn babies in the name of convenience a 'reproductive choice'.

Roe v Wade is a terrible decision, from the standpoint of constitutional law. The ends don't justify the means. Planned Parenthood v Casey overruled a lot of Roe v Wade.

Codify it, then. Call your legislators. Tell them you support an abortion bill that enshrines it.
I agree it was a terrible decision. IMO largely responsible for the great divide in America. I was pointing out that the Obama promised to codify Roe and reneged. The pro abortion crowd is paying for that broken promise. To paraphrase Reverend Wright, Obama's chickens have come home to roost.

I agree it was a terrible decision. IMO largely responsible for the great divide in America. I was pointing out that the Obama promised to codify Roe and reneged. The pro abortion crowd is paying for that broken promise. To paraphrase Reverend Wright, Obama's chickens have come home to roost.
Except that was a long time ago. We now have undeniable proof that three Trump judges lied at their hearings and in their private meetings with senators.
Even Judge Elito lied at his hearing many years ago. That makes four.

So there's that.

So why all of the hand wringing and teeth nashing these last 50 years?
Because it hasn't always been 60%, and I strongly suspect that when it comes to the details, it isn't 60%. It all depends how the questions are asked and what is asked.

Something like 71% of Americans support restrictions on abortions. Many people who call themselves pro choice - like me - aren't for "unlimited" pro-choice - I think reasonable limitations make sense. And that's where I think most Americans are. But, once the sides get to wrangling over the language of an actual law, they will head for the extremes. Instead of a workable compromise, you get "wringing and gnashing."

Cute that leftists view slaughtering unborn babies in the name of convenience a 'reproductive choice'.
Is swallowing a pill to make oneself have a period which 80% of abortions are done this way, what you call slaughter?

Is swallowing a pill to make oneself have a period which 80% of abortions are done this way, what you call slaughter?
Does it result in killing an unborn child?

Yes.

In my opinion, the women of America should revolt and show the White men of America their place, which is the dustbin of history.

No 4 males should be able to decide the fate of 170 million American women and what or what not they dan do with their bodies !

If necessary, the women must occupy the Supreme Court and chase these unrepresentative White males out.
It's a free country, if women want to throw a tantrum an act like spoiled brats; they are free to do so.

It's a free country, if women want to throw a tantrum an act like spoiled brats; they are free to do so.
Did you say this about those who participated on Jan 6th?

Back
Top Bottom