• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should the American women revolt, if the male-dominated GOP Supreme Court indeed rules against their bodily integrity and free reproductive choice ?

?

• Total voters
White men are a plague all over the world. Or men in general.

Women must make sure their voice not only gets heard - but they must demand more and more equal representation in politics and elsewhere.

In my opinion, males should even be banned from holding political office etc. where decisions are made, or at least be a clear minority.

Everything that is governed by women is more stable, more prosperous and less violent.
I keep saying only women should be allowed to vote.

A reminder, Obama/Biden promised to codify Roe. They had a super majority in the Senate of pro abortion senators along with a large majority in the house. They made no effort to keep the promise that would have made the Roe decision moot. If you're wanting to revolt start with your own who want the issue to fester.

Nobody back in 2009 thought that there would be far-right SC justice terrorists who'd throw women back to the middle ages ...

Why are those who are pro abortion afraid of elected legislators making law re: abortion? Why do they prefer unelected, appointed for life judges to make law?
Pretty simple. It's not fair to the probably more than half the women in this country who will be shut out by the pro-life states. We need a nation law on this issue.

I understand it's complicated, but leaving it up to the states makes it even more complicated.

In the sci-fi series "Sliders" from the mid-90s there's an episode in which a Covid-style lab-made virus led to no more males being born.

Hillary Clinton was US president in this episode and Australia replaced the US as leading global power, because they were furthest away from the virus outbreak and secured most remaining male "breeders" at secret breeding camps, while the US and European countries all suffered massive male population losses of 99.99%

This could be a scenario for the next virus that is created in a bio-lab somewhere by Amazon/Bezos etc.

This clip is still Hillaryous all the time I watch it:

In the sci-fi series "Sliders" from the mid-90s there's an episode in which a Covid-style lab-made virus led to no more males being born.

Hillary Clinton was US president in this episode and Australia replaced the US as leading global power, because they were furthest away from the virus outbreak and secured most remaining male "breeders" at secret breeding camps, while the US and European countries all suffered massive male population losses of 99.99%

This could be a scenario for the next virus that is created in a bio-lab somewhere by Amazon/Bezos etc.

This clip is still Hillaryous all the time I watch it:

Nightmare!

Yes.

In my opinion, the women of America should revolt and show the White men of America their place, which is the dustbin of history.

No 4 males should be able to decide the fate of 170 million American women and what or what not they dan do with their bodies !

If necessary, the women must occupy the Supreme Court and chase these unrepresentative White males out.

Well, doesn't that just sound all Jan6 ish?

If the US is going to treat you like a second class citizen, what do they have to lose?

A reminder, Obama/Biden promised to codify Roe. They had a super majority in the Senate of pro abortion senators along with a large majority in the house. They made no effort to keep the promise that would have made the Roe decision moot. If you're wanting to revolt start with your own who want the issue to fester.
They have in the house but don't have the votes in the senate. Can't pass something the republicans block.

Yes.

In my opinion, the women of America should revolt and show the White men of America their place, which is the dustbin of history.

No 4 males should be able to decide the fate of 170 million American women and what or what not they dan do with their bodies !

If necessary, the women must occupy the Supreme Court and chase these unrepresentative White males out.
If you mean should they storm the government -- no.

If you mean should they engage in strikes of some sort -- maybe in conservative states, but it's unclear what good strikes by women in blue states would do.

If you mean should they use their vote to show their anger -- of course.

2018 was a long time ago when it comes to social issues. Current data is even more supportive, with support trending up with young people overwhelmingly supporting abortion.
D5D50F7B-4C29-4835-A5B1-4AED926F396C.png

Yes.

American women should revolt with their votes.

American women should revolt with their votes.
The democrats controlled all three branches during the first two years of Obama and Biden. I think it’s more time for some civil rights protests.

2018 was a long time ago when it comes to social issues. Current data is even more supportive, with support trending up with young people overwhelmingly supporting abortion.
View attachment 67388781
It fluctuates, for sure. My view is most Americans want something reasonable - a cut-off point.

And, cut-off points after a certain number of weeks are very common in western countries, all of which legislate limits on abortions.

So, that's really what needs to happen. Not sure why the US is for some reason some fascist country for not leaving abortion up to the legislature, as every other country does...

Yes.

What should this women's revolt look like?

Left and center women will undoubtedly consider this in November. However, Right women will also be thinking of this. The womens vote is not a bloc, although I suspect the pro-choice vote is larger. GOP shooting themselves in the foot on this one.
I agree....I wish both parties would just get back to running the government and shut the **** up about social issues!!!!
ANY social issues!...... as in its not the governments business and **** off!!
Folks can decide for themselves how they want to live!

You must not realize that this ruling DOES NOT make abortion illegal. And you are ranting...er...posting from Austria. What do you care?
Interestingly, Austria allows abortion through about 12 weeks. Abortions can be performed later if there is a threat to the pregnant woman, if there is an incurable problem with the development of the fetus, or if the patient is under the age of 14.

Would 'twere the legislatures of the United States would be afforded the same courtesy as to legislate in this area, too. For some reason, folks think in the US our legislatures ought not legislate about abortion.

Yes.

Racist and sexist post.

The democrats controlled all three branches during the first two years of Obama and Biden. I think it’s more time for some civil rights protests.

I'm not a huge fan of protests, and I don't want the left women to be stupid like the idiotic Trump supporters who stormed the Capitol looking to hang people. Quiet marching around the SCOTUS building without the Trumpian rhetoric would work for me.

It fluctuates, for sure.
If by fluctuates you mean has been trending steadily upwards for decades with each generation consistently supporting abortion more than the last, sure. Give it a decade and we will have upwards of 80% support for abortion rights.
1651612781072.png

Yes.

It's the only thing the Republican knuckle-draggers understand.

I'm not a huge fan of protests, and I don't want the left women to be stupid like the idiotic Trump supporters who stormed the Capitol looking to hang people. Quiet marching around the SCOTUS building without the Trumpian rhetoric would work for me.
Oh, yeah, the Left has never violently protested, lol. Perish the thought....

Back
Top Bottom