• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should teenage criminals be called “children”?

Murderers that are caught and/or proven to be without a shred of doubt... yes, kill them all regardless of age. There is nothing barbaric about that... in fact, it ethically shows that as a society we hold innocent life to be the most valuable.

Nope... I would rather vote for changing the laws here so that we can kill American murderers...

You are conflating issues... kids understand what life in prison means just as much as an adult... and that is not very well. In my 40's and I would probably not really understand what life in prison really meant until the bars shut and I had to live it day in and day out... but I will pose this question to some of my classes and see how kids respond... that will be far more credible than what you are posting.

I care about innocent life... you do not. You should only be disgusted in yourself.

It is absolutely barbaric to kill children in retribution.

You don't care about life.

You care about vengeance and retribution.

And no. Kids do not understand what life in prison means. You lack a basic understanding of the brain and how it works. You literally don't know what the **** you're talking about, just spewing opinion. I posted links with actual studies. You have nothing but opinion.

Try again, barbarian.

It is absolutely barbaric to kill children in retribution.

That is, of course, your opinion. And no, it is not in retribution. It is as a consequence though.

Maybe you spend too much of your own life in anger and project it on to others?

You don't care about life.

Sure do... especially the lives of the innocent that are murdered by murderers... you don't care about them though... you care more about the murderer getting away with it.

You care about vengeance and retribution.

I wish that I did... it would be far easier. As it stands though my argument is an ethical one... and one that you are completely running away from in favor of crying about the rights of murderers.

And no. Kids do not understand what life in prison means. You lack a basic understanding of the brain and how it works. You literally don't know what the **** you're talking about, just spewing opinion. I posted links with actual studies. You have nothing but opinion.

I countered with, nobody really knows what life in prison means until they are there. A kid can describe it just as good as you or I... it is the feeling that we all are missing until we are there. The depth would not hit a person until they are there... you can cry about how a kids brain works all you like,... as I already stated, it is irrelevant in this situation. Murder is not the same as stealing. And as one that works with kids essentially every day as part of my career I am extremely confident that I know far more about how kids think than you do. Ain't stressing it for a minute...

Try again, barbarian.

Can you put Queen at the end of that an make it my pet nick name... call me Barbarian Queen please...

That is, of course, your opinion. And no, it is not in retribution. It is as a consequence though.

Maybe you spend too much of your own life in anger and project it on to others?

Sure do... especially the lives of the innocent that are murdered by murderers... you don't care about them though... you care more about the murderer getting away with it.

I wish that I did... it would be far easier. As it stands though my argument is an ethical one... and one that you are completely running away from in favor of crying about the rights of murderers.

I countered with, nobody really knows what life in prison means until they are there. A kid can describe it just as good as you or I... it is the feeling that we all are missing until we are there. The depth would not hit a person until they are there... you can cry about how a kids brain works all you like,... as I already stated, it is irrelevant in this situation. Murder is not the same as stealing. And as one that works with kids essentially every day as part of my career I am extremely confident that I know far more about how kids think than you do. Ain't stressing it for a minute...

Can you put Queen at the end of that an make it my pet nick name... call me Barbarian Queen please...

Just barbarian. Or would you prefer savage? I can go with that too.

For the bolded part. You are literally ignoring science. Typical of theocrats masquerading as secularists.

This is inhuman, inhumane drivel. At this point, this is the last reply you will get from me. I am sick and ****ing tired of folks ignoring science for political expediency.

Just barbarian. Or would you prefer savage? I can go with that too.

For the bolded part. You are literally ignoring science. Typical of theocrats masquerading as secularists.

This is inhuman, inhumane drivel. At this point, this is the last reply you will get from me. I am sick and ****ing tired of folks ignoring science for political expediency.

You are all over the map, now I am also a theocrat and doing this for political reasons?

Do you just blindly lash out in rage like this very often? Just... ARGH! RaWR!! (flailing arms flying)

When you are able to actually stick to the debate and debate, let me know. Then we can discuss things maturely without your hysterical outbursts.

Lmao. What a joke. You embrace barbarism.

It is no joke you embrace mercy for murderers, show no feelings for their victims, ignore justice under the laws of the land. It is you who are the barbarian, seeking to demolish society. There is nothing humorous you have to offer. You pervert justice.

It is no joke you embrace mercy for murderers, show no feelings for their victims, ignore justice under the laws of the land. It is you who are the barbarian, seeking to demolish society. There is nothing humorous you have to offer. You pervert justice.

Children are children. It is impossible for them to comprehend the consequences of their actions, Much like adults with learning disability or metal ilness. Nobody is suggesting they walk away Scot free, but allowances have to be made. Trying them as adults is obscene.
Norway deals with child murderers completely differently. They stay at home, with intensive input by psychology and social workers. They barely miss any school.

Children are children. It is impossible for them to comprehend the consequences of their actions, Much like adults with learning disability or metal ilness. Nobody is suggesting they walk away Scot free, but allowances have to be made. Trying them as adults is obscene.
Norway deals with child murderers completely differently. They stay at home, with intensive input by psychology and social workers. They barely miss any school.

I've encountered children who murdered. My sister worked as a nurse for a boarding school for criminally insane children. These were all children who murdered. There is no hope for rehabilitation. These are children with no conscience. Two murdered other children incarcerated with them while they were there. All of those who were released, pursuant to court decrees at 18, went on to commit grievous assaults and murders as adults. Cognition of consequences is irrelevant to their behavior. They are a threat and a danger to society as a whole. It obscene to neglect that they have stolen the lives of others, and that they will likely murder again as adults.

I'm not speaking of children who get arrested for stealing a bicycle, or other minor crimes, but of true evil. There are evil children, who if they survive, mature to become evil adults. We are not speaking of children who make mistakes that lead to a death of another, but children who coldly, calculatingly commit murder. They know what they are doing. You may not want to believe children are so capable of such actions, but there are some who do so. They are like a festering cancer which must be excised before doing more damage. Like adults who care nought for consequences, there are children who are the same. No allowances can be made for them.

Yes, it is not what we want to hear, or recognize. Yet we do not purposefully create these children. There is no accounting for why these children are as they are. They come from all strata of our society. And the claim that they are victims of child abuse rarely are part of the equation. It is unnatural to desire the deaths of children, and natural to protect them. Nevertheless, the well being of society as a whole is paramount.

When it is one of our own children who has been victimized by one of these children, the song we sing is different, and not forgiving or understanding. Ask the parents of the dead. Calling it vengeance is partly true, but only partly. It is necessary for a healthy society. Leave a skin cancer untreated, un-excised, the entire body is ruined. Yes, it is sad, a horror, but less of a horror than their continuance as murderers. Ask all those their victims leave behind.

There are many many kids that have absolutely no problem comprehending the consequences of their actions... almost all kids, in fact... at least after 3 or 4 years old.

Do they also give them a lot of ice cream and let them watch cool movies?

I've encountered children who murdered. My sister worked as a nurse for a boarding school for criminally insane children. These were all children who murdered. There is no hope for rehabilitation. These are children with no conscience. Two murdered other children incarcerated with them while they were there. All of those who were released, pursuant to court decrees at 18, went on to commit grievous assaults and murders as adults. Cognition of consequences is irrelevant to their behavior. They are a threat and a danger to society as a whole. It obscene to neglect that they have stolen the lives of others, and that they will likely murder again as adults.

I'm not speaking of children who get arrested for stealing a bicycle, or other minor crimes, but of true evil. There are evil children, who if they survive, mature to become evil adults. We are not speaking of children who make mistakes that lead to a death of another, but children who coldly, calculatingly commit murder. They know what they are doing. You may not want to believe children are so capable of such actions, but there are some who do so. They are like a festering cancer which must be excised before doing more damage. Like adults who care nought for consequences, there are children who are the same. No allowances can be made for them.

Yes, it is not what we want to hear, or recognize. Yet we do not purposefully create these children. There is no accounting for why these children are as they are. They come from all strata of our society. And the claim that they are victims of child abuse rarely are part of the equation. It is unnatural to desire the deaths of children, and natural to protect them. Nevertheless, the well being of society as a whole is paramount.

When it is one of our own children who has been victimized by one of these children, the song we sing is different, and not forgiving or understanding. Ask the parents of the dead. Calling it vengeance is partly true, but only partly. It is necessary for a healthy society. Leave a skin cancer untreated, un-excised, the entire body is ruined. Yes, it is sad, a horror, but less of a horror than their continuance as murderers. Ask all those their victims leave behind.

The mother of Silje, the murdered Norwegian child still supports the principle by which child murderers are treated, though she has reservations about one of the murderers, who decades on, seems to be harassing the family.

There are many many kids that have absolutely no problem comprehending the consequences of their actions... almost all kids, in fact... at least after 3 or 4 years old.

Do they also give them a lot of ice cream and let them watch cool movies?

Psychotherapy isn't funny. Like your ignorant comment.

The mother of Silje, the murdered Norwegian child still supports the principle by which child murderers are treated, though she has reservations about one of the murderers, who decades on, seems to be harassing the family.

She has the right to prefer mercy. I have the right to decline mercy.

Psychotherapy isn't funny. Like your ignorant comment.

A murderer being allowed to go to school isn't funny... being allowed to carry on a life after taking one isn't funny either.

Back
Top Bottom