• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Sherrod Has Been Forced To Resign?

hould Sherrod HAve Been Forced to Resing?

• Total voters

liblady

pirate lover
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
please explain

Last edited:
You just started a thread about this exact same subject - in which we're discussing it most heavily.

Take a few deep breaths. We're already discussing this at length in another section.

I'll say she should have been forced to resign and possibly have charges filed against her. She clearly denied someone full help because of their race.

I'll say she should have been forced to resign and possibly have charges filed against her. She clearly denied someone full help because of their race.

WTF? Where did you get that? She specifically said she didn't, and the people she helped are on her side and support her, and said she was very helpful.

She should get an apology,(from everyone), her job back with a raise, and have a dinner given in her honor.

At first, yes... but now that all the evidence has been provided, absolutely not! Who ever edited the video to make her our to be a racist is pathetic.

Does anyone know if the person who tried ruining her career (the editors and/or distributors) can be charged with slander? If so, could they be brought to court even though her record has been straightened out?

Last edited:
Obama was afraid the truth of how racist his administration is would be seen. This woman is much less racist then Obama is.

Shows investigations no longer matter only how Obama's public image will be affected

At first, yes... but now that all the evidence has been provided, absolutely not! Who ever edited the video to make her our to be a racist is pathetic.

Does anyone know if the person who tried ruining her career (the editors and/or distributors) can be charged with slander? If so, could they be brought to court even though her record has been straightened out?

To prove slander or libel (a/k/a defamation), you need to prove:

1. That the thing said was false. The defense here would be that it wasn't false, except for the fact that it's not the playing of the tape that is the falsehood here, it's the lying about what it represented and what the context was.

2. That people believed it, even though it was false. Easy to prove. Some people still believe it even though it's been debunked. Of course, some people still believe that no one landed on the moon, too.

3. That you were harmed in some way. This is usually shown by something significant like losing your job. Check again.

So yeah, I think she has a good case.

To prove slander or libel (a/k/a defamation), you need to prove:

1. That the thing said was false. The defense here would be that it wasn't false, except for the fact that it's not the playing of the tape that is the falsehood here, it's the lying about what it represented and what the context was.

2. That people believed it, even though it was false. Easy to prove. Some people still believe it even though it's been debunked. Of course, some people still believe that no one landed on the moon, too.

3. That you were harmed in some way. This is usually shown by something significant like losing your job. Check again.

So yeah, I think she has a good case.

Thanks! But how about now that her record has been straightened out and then if she got her job back? She might just want to move on with her life, but I'd hope that the person/people responsible for all this is/are at the very least identified.

Absolutely not. She was used as a sacrificial lamb for political purposes, and it's one of the most disgusting political moves I've witnessed in my life.

obama blew it on this........i agree. and the irresponsible media did as well.

Thanks! But how about now that her record has been straightened out and then if she got her job back? She might just want to move on with her life, but I'd hope that the person/people responsible for all this is/are at the very least identified.

She still went through terrible undeserved trauma, and was shoved into the spotlight against her will.

It's her decision though; if she doesn't want to sue and just wants to put this all behind her, that's fine.

Oh dear oh dear, another one who pulls the trigger without looking at what they think their target should be.

Seriously, WTF?? These "guests" are ruining these polls.

Fox news at its finest.

Using solely the 40 minutes of full video of her at the NAACP - no. She has since said some very stupid things and she does use language that is racially flammable which, if used by a WHITE person, would have labelled that white person a racist and would have caused a HUGE uproar - and she may still be one. But based solely on that video - she should not have been fired for something which happened 24 years ago, nor should she have been (more accurately) forced to resign by the side of the road.

Absolutely not. She was used as a sacrificial lamb for political purposes, and it's one of the most disgusting political moves I've witnessed in my life.

.....Ah, I get it. When she was a racist, the Obama administration was evil. When she wasn't a racist, the Obama administration was still evil.

I sure do hope someone is held responsible and they have to pay dearly. But it's enough for me to see the egg on the face of the rightwing propaganda machine. Hopefully SOME will learn from this. (But I doubt it.)

I sure do hope someone is held responsible and they have to pay dearly. But it's enough for me to see the egg on the face of the rightwing propaganda machine. Hopefully SOME will learn from this. (But I doubt it.)

can you believe the response to this poll?

can you believe the response to this poll?

In all fairness, given the information fraudently put out there by the rightwing media, I can hardly blame folks for getting in an uproar.

The pen is mightier than the sword. You may recall, with the help from the media (especially FAUXNews), our very own congress, (as well as the public masses,) was fooled into going to war with Iraq. This Sherrod story is minor compared to that attrocity, but I digress.

Back
Top Bottom