• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Sanders Take It All The Way To November

DamnYankee

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Bernie Sanders Addresses Supporters; Stays In Race

Christine Rousselle

Posted: Jun 08, 2016 2:08 AM

Following a rough election night that saw him winning only in North Dakota and Montana, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) took the stage in Santa Monica, CA and thanked his supporters, "tens of thousands of volunteers" in California, and reminded everyone that they are part of a political revolution that will change the United States.

Bernie Sanders Addresses Supporters; Stays In Race - Christine Rousselle

I think Comrade BS should stand up for what be believes and take his race for the White House all the way.

I bet that he drops out after the DC primary next Tuesday.

To November? No. He should stay in until the convention and use his well-earned political capital to influence the party's platform.

If Bernie had run as an Independent from the beginning that would be different and I would happily vote for him in the General.

But he chose to run as a Democrat. And the Democratic Party, not just its super delegates, chose Hillary.

To November? No. He should stay in until the convention and use his well-earned political capital to influence the party's platform.

If Bernie had run as an Independent from the beginning that would be different and I would happily vote for him in the General.

But he chose to run as a Democrat. And the Democratic Party, not just its super delegates, chose Hillary.

I don't agree in the least, and I have no problem with him running as a Green/Independent party candidate. He chose to run as a Democrat; they chose to belittle him, his supporters, and their ideas. That can't be overstated. But it could hurt the general public perception of him, so overall I don't think it's a wise idea, or at least I don't until a few months from now if/when Hillary is still losing to Trump. I'm not sure that staying in the election is the wisest idea, but it's not obviously a bad idea, either. The Democratic party isn't really going to give him anything but a softened Israel stance and $15/hr minimum wage. That's better, but still a pretty repellent party platform on the whole.

I don't mind him dropping out now, however. It's time to start rallying behind Jill Stein, either way. I'll admire Bernie forever, I think his political candidacy was an important martyr for the cause.

Bernie should tear a page out of art of the deal
he has to be able to show his followers - including me - that he received something significant from hillary for ending his campaign and asking his supporters to offer their vote to hillary
for starters he should ask for and receive wasserman-shultz' head on the proverbial platter. require her to step down from the DNC chair with the understanding she would never again be involved in DNC decisions
revising the primary so that anyone can vote, not just registered democrats, and elimination of super delegates should also be a small price to pay
putting Bernie and his people on the platform committee (to replace WS and her appointees) would be another positive move so that a left of center platform would result, could be another concession
hopefully hillary will want Bernie's army to the point she would be willing to make such concessions

He should be a gracious loser. If he doesn't want to endorse her, that's another kettle of fish.

Why should he concede to a race that was over before it started? He is making a point, and a fine one.
Will he be the nominee? Not in a million years.

Agreed. But I don't think that he will post convention.

Can he run as a CPUSA? Or Greenie? If so, he should stick to his passions. He would peel off some of The Queen of Corruption supporters maybe. I mean she corrupt as hell and boring as all get out.

Can he run as a CPUSA? Or Greenie? If so, he should stick to his passions. He would peel off some of The Queen of Corruption supporters maybe. I mean she corrupt as hell and boring as all get out.

I would encourage and support Bernie to do exactly that, but I don't think he will.

We'll know more in a bit more than an hour. Will Obama have the final say so, or will Bernie stick to his guns?

I agree thats most likely what he WILL do. For the sake of the democrat party, thats what he SHOULD do. He should gracefully collect his participant ribbon where he will get patted on the head and then told to go stand in the corner. And then both parties will go back to the same business as usual schtick. If he is truly trying to lead a 'revolution' he would continue to fight. Again...not saying for the sake of the democrat party he should...but for the sake of his 'cause'. I'm sure he will do what all partisan voters will do...get back in line and vote as they are told.

Geeez...this is a horrendous election.

Maybe Comrade BS and Pocahontas ought to run as a ticket.

I agree thats most likely what he WILL do. For the sake of the democrat party, thats what he SHOULD do. He should gracefully collect his participant ribbon where he will get patted on the head and then told to go stand in the corner. And then both parties will go back to the same business as usual schtick. If he is truly trying to lead a 'revolution' he would continue to fight. Again...not saying for the sake of the democrat party he should...but for the sake of his 'cause'. I'm sure he will do what all partisan voters will do...get back in line and vote as they are told.

Geeez...this is a horrendous election.

I think he will continue fight. Just not as a presidential candidate. He will turn his sights on Trump until the election in hopes of convincing as many independents as possible not to vote for Trump. Once the election is over he will go back to calling the Republicans and Democrats on their **** in the Senate. But this time with a lot more name recognition.

I think he will continue fight. Just not as a presidential candidate. He will turn his sights on Trump until the election in hopes of convincing as many independents as possible not to vote for Trump. Once the election is over he will go back to calling the Republicans and Democrats on their **** in the Senate. But this time with a lot more name recognition.
Nah...he will be crazy uncle Bernie and he will have the same cachet Jessie Jackson had after the democrats used him up and used him out. if he supports Hillary he will be and should be seen as a sellout. "revolutions" are invalid if they are only done in the name of convenience and if Trump is smart (he IS smart...just not politically) he would have teams of people putting together anti Clinton adds using nothing but Bernie and Bernie supporters comments. That would minimize anything Sanders says in the next few months.

Back
Top Bottom