• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should Russia and China be punished for supporting terrorism?

Should China and Russia be punished for supporting terrorism?

• Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
America has benefitted also, its a mutual system. Thats why we can't look at ourselves as the sole givers and the world as the sole takers.

What fictional plans? It's not a hobby. It's a job.
When we invade, then it will be a job.

I see you focus on only the negative.
Someone has to point it out, I dont only focus on it.

I prefer to act instead of "keeping our noses out of it." Keeping our noses in it is what has provided us with our lifestyle. Like it or not. You can condemn it all day, but ultimately, if you live in America, you enjoy living under what it provides.
America was isolationist until WW2.

If you are from another country, your government still has benifitted in some way. Don't pretend to be so clean
Oh we benefitted. The arms race and advances in technology.

I am from the Soviet Union. I am NOT clean. But I don't pretend to be, and I don't sell my culture and ideas to other countries and act high and mighty. We weren't perfect, but we knew it.

V.I. Lenin said:
When we invade, then it will be a job.

Someone has to point it out, I dont only focus on it.

America was isolationist until WW2.

Oh we benefitted. The arms race and advances in technology.

I am from the Soviet Union. I am NOT clean. But I don't pretend to be, and I don't sell my culture and ideas to other countries and act high and mighty. We weren't perfect, but we knew it.

"When we invade, then it will be a job." I still have no idea what you're talking about here.

"America was isolationist until WW2." Isolationalism proved deadly to all twice. The rest of the world can't take care of itself. And the Marine Corps has been involved in foreign affairs long before WWII.

America doesn't force it's culture on anybody. Free countries do what they want. If they want a Big Mac then that is what we call "free enterprise." It's something that communist states do not encourage.

As for "acting high and mighty"..yeah we do that. There is a certain arrogance that our history allows us to have. We've only been around for a few hundred years. Look how far we've come? And don't forget that America is made up of the world's refugees and immigrants.

nkgupta80 said:
All i am saying is that we have supported various groups in the past that would be considered "bad" just as China and Russia and any other country does --- all for ulterior interests and gains. So I don't see why they should be punished.

thus allowing al-queda and the taliban to runover afghanistan, eventually allowing them to set off attacks all around the world including 9/11....

both sides have done equally wrong things, we just shouldn't point fingers. Even at this moment we're supporting countries like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. Why? BEcause for the US government the prospect of economic/strategic gain through these alliances outweighs the fact that we are ultimately financing muslim extremism in these countries.

To be honest I actually agree here, the line of reasoning is B.S. when they use it against the U.S. via our support of the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan in the 80's so to say that the same standards don't apply to China and Russia would be hypocritical. Allthough I firmly believe in American exceptionalism, no nation is perfect and we've done things out of the necessity of the time which we may now regret but this is 20/20 hindsight and playing monday morning quarterback. We should be focusing on the countries which are currently supporting terrorism. Russia is a strong allie in the war on terror they to have experienced the horrors which terrorism can induce.

superskippy said:
Can I ask what terrorism are they supporting? As I recall Russia has been fighting a Chechen Islamic terrorist insurgency for a decade now.

Russia is supplying weapons to Iran. Iran is a known terrorist nation. I guess I just saw this action as one that supports a terrorist nation.

How have they supported terrorism? This is news to me.

How the hell are you going to do that? Russia matches us militarily and China already owns half this country already!

We need more men like General Paul Tibbets. What a soldier !!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom