• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

• Total voters
i did. it has been posted several times. i think you just don't like people telling it like it is.

there was a deal it was taken back by the judge so Polanski was stuck.

it is pointless to debate this with most Americans because you buy into the lies of your courts. if you think it is acceptable to make deals in court what could you people possibly know about justice. really now you can't expect legal blindness such as it is in the US to be changed in a single online debate. your courts are a hotbed of criminal deals. you like it. well good luck with that.

So to sum it up...

You have no reasonable argument and just want to spew anti-American hatred.

Well thanks and have a good one. :2wave:

even the mods watching over this thread are full of ****r. they are just like the US courts there is no justice. just that you two the party line or have a sizable number of posts. screw them screw this and screw this forum.

i can be called a molester by reddress and that is fine. well it is not fine and the mods need to get their heads out of their collective asses.

even the mods watching over this thread are full of ****r. they are just like the US courts there is no justice. just that you two the party line or have a sizable number of posts. screw them screw this and screw this forum.

i can be called a molester by reddress and that is fine. well it is not fine and the mods need to get their heads out of their collective asses.

I didn't ask for your obvious bias and angry opinions on the mods. I asked if you could post your proof you claim you have provided. You can just quote your old post where you had the links which show your claims about Polanski and the American judicial system.

That is not a serious question is it?
He broke the law ofc he should be punished.

What? Old people are now immune from the law?

90% of deals that are made are made because the DA has enough solid evidence to convict someone.

Bah nvm. You obviously have a hatred for America. Since you have such a hatred then don't talk to any more Americans. Only reason I am writing this post while you are temp banned is that you will eventually come back and read it. Do us a favor and take your hatred elsewhere. Or learn to control it and debate intelligently. This forum has a lot to offer it if you set aside your prejudice.

As I see it, Katie has not presented any good proof of her arguments.. Worse yet, she seems to have a hatred for the American justice .
Why is this, Katie ?
Our court system is not perfect; one reform that it needs is jury selection.

The mom was basically a pimp in this situation. Still rape.

Which is what I don't get.

It's very hard to imagine a worse sexual crime than what Polanski did -- a powerful man using his influence to dominate and rape a young girl -- and yet so many who would normally be (rightly) aghast focus on the legal minutiae of the case.

Why? Because he a made a couple of good movies 30-40 years ago?

Sometimes, I just don't understand people.

I wonder if all the folks saying that Polanski is no longer a danger and shouldn't be extradited would be happy to leave their 13 year olds' alone with him. Somehow, I doubt it.

I wonder if all the folks saying that Polanski is no longer a danger and shouldn't be extradited would be happy to leave their 13 year olds' alone with him. Somehow, I doubt it.

His teenage daughter used to attend the same school as my teenage sister and brother in Paris and Polanski would often come and pick her up after school. None of them has ever been afraid of being raped by that man.

Of course, none of us has ever tried to set him up either!

His teenage daughter used to attend the same school as my teenage sister and brother in Paris and Polanski would often come and pick her up after school. None of them has ever been afraid of being raped by that man.

"Set him up?"

"Set him up?"

I don't care what the "set up" is, you just don't rape a 13 year old child.

Personally, I think people who try to defend Polanski are sick in the head.

You care to explain this one, it's not like no one knew he was going to Switzerland right. Oh and since you think we Americans are so bad the next time one of you Federal Warrents are issued and then re-issued by Interpol we can just look the other way correct, hey I got even a better idea let just put a 100% Taffif on all products from France and to really turn it up close are Emabassy and cancel all VISA from France for your Wine Drinking Commrades, good I'm so tired of the same old BS from you French over this.

so now the justice (if justice at all) is hurting the woman and this is a good thing in your mind? why?

When a crime is committed, there are more victims than just the person who was directly affected. Any true crime has society as it's victim as well.

That is why, when someone commits a crime of theft, say, and the direct victim says they don't want them prosecuted (for whatever reason), it is just for the person to be prosecuted, nevertheless. And often they are.

did you receive monetary compensation for pimping out your innocent daughter?
or was the star factor enough to sell out your daughter?

You care to explain this one, it's not like no one knew he was going to Switzerland right. Oh and since you think we Americans are so bad the next time one of you Federal Warrents are issued and then re-issued by Interpol we can just look the other way correct, hey I got even a better idea let just put a 100% Taffif on all products from France and to really turn it up close are Emabassy and cancel all VISA from France for your Wine Drinking Commrades, good I'm so tired of the same old BS from you French over this.

When did I say Americans are so bad? And when have I ever needed a visa to visit the US? Gosh you are so ignorant!

Verbal violence is often a sign of sexual repression. Carry on:rofl

I don't care what the "set up" is, you just don't rape a 13 year old child.

Personally, I think people who try to defend Polanski are sick in the head.

And I personally think people who want to make an example of this 30 yo case are sexually repressed.

It is a bit like your movie rating system. No problem if there is violence in a film, but god forbid any nudity:spin:

And I personally think people who want to make an example of this 30 yo case are sexually repressed.

It is a bit like your movie rating system. No problem if there is violence in a film, but god forbid any nudity:spin:

yes it is so sexually repressed to be upset about the rape of a 13 year old childl

WILL SOMEBODY BAN THIS SCUMBAG??????????????????????????????????????

what redeeming value does he add to the forum

yes it is so sexually repressed to be upset about the rape of a 13 year old childl

I'm against rape but I support his ability to express unpopular opinions.

Banning him for that is un-American.

I'm against rape but I support his ability to express unpopular opinions.

Banning him for that is un-American.

obviously I disagree
he supports raping 13 year olds

IRL i would kick the **** out of him if I knew him REPEATEDLY

I will support anybodies right to support a position I oppose
But there is no justification for supporting the rape of a 13 year old under any circumstances

I will bleed on the flag for any liberals right to be so wrong in their political philosophy
supporting pedophilia has no place there

Well it seems I have the ability to piss you off:2wave:

DeeJayH you better stop acting so morally superior. your little graphic is so offensive you have NO right to say **** about anyone

Dont care what his name is or what he does. The case was clear and he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Back
Top Bottom