• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Residents Call Police On Neighbors Due To Covid Violations?

Should Residents Call Police On Neighbors Due To Covid Violations?

• Total voters
How can you say you 'always' take precautions, but not at this wedding? I'm confused.
It was my son's wedding, a (hopefully) once in a lifetime event, and I was not in control. I took my mask, but with 99 other people not masking, what sense would it be? Also, the arrangement, tables of 8 or 10 for watching the ceremony and then eating from a buffet and drinking and dancing, didn't allow for any social distancing. There were even HUGS from people I hadn't seen in decades.

Covid would kill me. I went into it with the resigned attitude that if it happens, so be it.

And then I returned home to my " normal " life. Sometimes the heart wins.

We’re not the ones wanting to put granny in jail for celebrating Thanksgiving.

It's for her own good, damn it. Sticking elderly people in prison is saving their lives. :rolleyes:

We’re not the ones wanting to put granny in jail for celebrating Thanksgiving.
Look at you playing the victim card so soon.

I thought you guys were supporters of the Police. This is a concrete way they can serve the public, and protect the public from those who are hell bent on keeping this pandemic raging out of control.

Personally, I wouldn’t feel the tiniest bit “served” or “protected” if they spent their time raiding family gatherings.

You don’t have the right to party, and you don’t have the right to break the law.
Read the COTUS instead of crying.

By that same token, no State Constitution nor the Federal Constitution has provisions for its executive branch fining and imprisoning people by decree, without the legislature passing an actual criminal statute or act enabling the governor to take on that power. Not to my knowledge anyway. Perhaps some state legislature has passed an Enabling Act without my knowledge.

This includes limiting Thanksgiving in-home gatherings to a maximum of six people from no more than two households.

Sure! It worked for the Nazis, the Soviets and the CPC so why wouldn't it work for us too?

You don’t have the right to party, and you don’t have the right to break the law.
Read the COTUS instead of crying.

You actually do have the right to assemble. I know the constitution is inconvenient right now but it’s still a thing.

A month ago I was at a very important wedding of 100 people (twice the limit) with not a single mask or any social distancing and none of us got sick. I'm not bragging and I always take precautions, but there is that to keep in mind, too.

I'm shocked at how many weddings are happening right now in the worst part of the pandemic. I think it's selfish and rude to expect people to show up to a large wedding at this time. Many people will feel obligated to show up because they don't want to create drama with friends or families. We have several weddings each weekend at the resort I work at and none ever have mask wearing or social distancing. I'd love to narc them out but it would be foolish to bite the hand that feeds me.

Everyone should have cameras on their neighbors, in every room of their house and on themselves, including microphones, plus wear GPS - all put immediately online and accessible online by anyone and everyone. Crime committed in the privacy of one's home is still a crime, isn't it?

Anytime you see someone exceeding the speed limit, not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign, or not signaling while changing lanes you should immediately dial 911, informing how the police can accept your car's video cameras for proof - because people breaking traffic laws can cause death and injuries.

Remember, the job of the government is to protect everyone for others and themselves. Every has a duty to do everything possible to help the government police us all, all of the time.
Sounds a little bit like China, doesn't it? Big brother is watching.

Sounds a little bit like China, doesn't it? Big brother is watching.

East Germany more like. Be sure to report any suspicious activity to the Stasi headquarters nearest you.

Ministerium_f%C3%BCr_Staatssicherheit_%28emblem%29.jpg

I'm shocked at how many weddings are happening right now in the worst part of the pandemic. I think it's selfish and rude to expect people to show up to a large wedding at this time. Many people will feel obligated to show up because they don't want to create drama with friends or families. We have several weddings each weekend at the resort I work at and none ever have mask wearing or social distancing. I'd love to narc them out but it would be foolish to bite the hand that feeds me.
Sometimes, no matter how hard you try to change them, people will just go out of their way to avoid fearing one another.

Sometimes, no matter how hard you try to change them, people will just go out of their way to avoid fearing one another.

The nerve of some people, eh?

Nah. Just mocking your posting style, Like that of a little girl.
i posted something. you lied about it. now say it's like a little girl (when it was simply about humans being decent to humans during a Pandemic). some of you guys are so predictable. and still angry.

btw, suck up Trump's L. he's an impeached loser, crook and con man and that's what a ton of you guys support.

Last edited:
It's unreasonable to compare rules governed by a scientific understanding of what is temporarily necessary to slow the spread of a pandemic to rules arbitrarily determined by a dictator.
Biden and the left claimed they were going to follow the science and listen to the experts and have one national Covid policy. The science and the experts have said we don't need a lockdown. Fauci came out today to say schools could be open as they are actually low risk. And yet we've got governors and city leaders not following the science and listening to the experts and locking down and closing schools. Why aren't they following a one national Covid policy of which Biden and the experts have said we don't need the things that governors and mayors are doing. These leaders are going rogue and having ad-hock policies toward the virus - following the Trump policy. Are these governors and mayors going to follow the science and listen to the experts and follow the Biden/experts national Covid policy or are these liberals going to follow the Trump plan of everyone different?

Personally, I wouldn’t feel the tiniest bit “served” or “protected” if they spent their time raiding family gatherings.

But we should feel safe when you accept SWAT teams using no-knock warrants to raid houses.

I find the thought of calling the cops on my neighbors to be atrocious. That's the very last thing one should do to a neighbor.

I am one of the few non-pro-police conservatives on this board, because I understand that the moment the police are called, you are adding an element of chaos that you have no control over. How many horror stories have we heard of people calling police on neighbors for minor disturbances where a slight misunderstanding turned into an unjustified police killing of the neighbor, his/her family members or guests? Dozens? Hundreds?

I would never call the police on a neighbor unless I believed severe injury or loss of life was imminent due to a neighbor's actions. Because I do not want some cop with a miserable home life and an itchy trigger finger gunning down my neighbors, their friends or their family.

I voted OTHER.

Case by case basis.

Depends on what is being done, how much I am aware of what is being done, how much I feel what is being done needs to be actionable.
I put the specs in my OP. Your neighbor is having 7 people on Turkey day from three different families. Do you call the police?

Let's face it.. the only reason you adopt this attidue is because you do not agree with the policy that some people want to see implremented.
Well, duh, of course I am repulsed by the dems authoritarian/collectivist tendencies. Dems can’t stand that somewhere somebody is getting along well with his life without their supervision and control
parmak said:
Here is another type of reporting which did not register as "snitching" in the mind of many conservatives

Dial One if Your Neighbor’s Gardener Looks Mexican
Under Trump, government employees hired at ICE to do community outreach are now fielding phone calls from people trying to report immigrants.
What’s your point?

This includes limiting Thanksgiving in-home gatherings to a maximum of six people from no more than two households.

I think the multiple millions of people who are refusing to comply, should all turn themselves in.
Lets see how well the gov handles housing all these massive health threats and what the courts do about it when each person demands a jury trial.

Yep!

There is a difference between calling the police because a neighbour has 5 more visitors than the maximum permissible number and calling because the neighbour chose to organize a big party with 50 people.
But I put the specifics in the OP. Your neighbor is having 7 total people on Turkey day from three different families, in violation of her orders. The governor encouraged you to call the police and report your neighbors. Do you?

Well, duh, of course I am repulsed by the dems authoritarian/collectivist tendencies. Dems can’t stand that somewhere somebody is getting along well with his life without their supervision and control
What’s your point?

The double standards is my point

They had been planning and saving for this since way before Covid. As a matter of fact, I got my invitation before our state had a single case. But yeah, it would have been nice if they held off. Fortunately, we got lucky.

Back
Top Bottom