• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Residents Call Police On Neighbors Due To Covid Violations?

Should Residents Call Police On Neighbors Due To Covid Violations?

• Total voters

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
This includes limiting Thanksgiving in-home gatherings to a maximum of six people from no more than two households.

This includes limiting Thanksgiving in-home gatherings to a maximum of six people from no more than two households.

I just saw that story and had to shake my head. All I could think of was "Mom! Timmy took my ball and won't give it back!"

Yes call the police. Covid restrictions are in place for a reason. 260000 million Americans are dead for not following the directives of the health care experts. That attitude needs to change. If that means heavy fines or 3 days in the slammer, so be it.

I bet there are some who would call the police if a neighbor was having too loud of a party instead of going next door and ask them to turn it down.
I bet there are some who have turned in neighbors for city code violations.
If the COVID restrictions are laws. What is the difference?

Yes call the police. Covid restrictions are in place for a reason. 260000 million Americans are dead for not following the directives of the health care experts. That attitude needs to change. If that means heavy fines or 3 days in the slammer, so be it.
And the left have been saying for four years that Trump wanted to be a dictator. Who's the dictator wanting to take away people's rights and throwing them in the slammer for having 7 people together for Thanksgiving? Who's Putin's bitch?

I bet there are some who would call the police if a neighbor was having too loud of a party instead of going next door and ask them to turn it down.
I bet there are some who have turned in neighbors for city code violations.
If the COVID restrictions are laws. What is the difference?
The leader of the state is encouraging it.

Everyone should have cameras on their neighbors, in every room of their house and on themselves, including microphones, plus wear GPS - all put immediately online and accessible online by anyone and everyone. Crime committed in the privacy of one's home is still a crime, isn't it?

Anytime you see someone exceeding the speed limit, not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign, or not signaling while changing lanes you should immediately dial 911, informing how the police can accept your car's video cameras for proof - because people breaking traffic laws can cause death and injuries.

Remember, the job of the government is to protect everyone for others and themselves. Every has a duty to do everything possible to help the government police us all, all of the time.

And the left have been saying for four years that Trump wanted to be a dictator. Who's the dictator wanting to take away people's rights and throwing them in the slammer for having 7 people together for Thanksgiving? Who's Putin's bitch?
It's unreasonable to compare rules governed by a scientific understanding of what is temporarily necessary to slow the spread of a pandemic to rules arbitrarily determined by a dictator.

I’m finding stories like these hugely ironic. While the lefties miss no opportunity to accuse the right of being fascist, anti-democracy types they advocate spying on your neighbors ala East Germany, Russia and Nazi Germany. Zeig Heil, Joe!

I guess call the cops on your neighbors if you're really concerned about it, but I wouldn't expect much to happen. Local law enforcement doesn't seem to care too much about enforcing the COVID rules.

I find the thought of calling the cops on my neighbors to be atrocious. That's the very last thing one should do to a neighbor.
Our Mayor Garcetti here in Los Angeles has encouraged snitches from day 1.

I voted OTHER.

Case by case basis.

Depends on what is being done, how much I am aware of what is being done, how much I feel what is being done needs to be actionable.

Depends on the circumstances.

Yep!

There is a difference between calling the police because a neighbour has 5 more visitors than the maximum permissible number and calling because the neighbour chose to organize a big party with 50 people.

I’m finding stories like these hugely ironic. While the lefties miss no opportunity to accuse the right of being fascist, anti-democracy types they advocate spying on your neighbors ala East Germany, Russia and Nazi Germany. Zeig Heil, Joe!

Let's face it.. the only reason you adopt this attidue is because you do not agree with the policy that some people want to see implremented.

Here is another type of reporting which did not register as "snitching" in the mind of many conservatives

Dial One if Your Neighbor’s Gardener Looks Mexican
Under Trump, government employees hired at ICE to do community outreach are now fielding phone calls from people trying to report immigrants.

I find the thought of calling the cops on my neighbors to be atrocious. That's the very last thing one should do to a neighbor.

I have done it multiple times. First time was easy, a grandmother across the fence from us in a very hot part of Southern California was punishing her grand daughter she was watching by locking her out in the back yard in the heat of the day for exorbitant lengths of time. the girl would pound on the door and cry to be let in.

Of course after the police left the grandmother came around and tried to read us the riot act about what was "really" happening and how we stuck our noses in where they didn't belong. Don't know what eventually happened but the little girl was never locked out of the house ever again while we lived there.

Have had to make noise ordinance violation calls in at least 4 different states.

Had to call police on neighbors in Texas who just couldn't understand blocking our driveway was not cool, no matter how many times I tried playing nice and just asking them politely to move their vehicles.

Last edited:
March 31

Thanks!

Interesting.

Oh, I thought there was some physical prize or monetary reward, it is merely the reward of everyone being safer, allegedly.

Two households??????? WTF, teh CDC asked we stay within our own household.

Seriously, we are such a fat, stupid, spoiled sociaty that we can't get through one meal sacrificing?

Two households??????? WTF, teh CDC asked we stay within our own household.

Seriously, we are such a fat, stupid, spoiled sociaty that we can't get through one meal sacrificing?

Well I will be spending T-Day alone.

Spouse will still be hospitalized and I have no interest in going to our kids house.

March 31

Frankly I think that was over the top for them to do that.

If an officer was to run into flagrant violations where innocents are at risk is one thing.

But that is over the top.

Especially if you don't at least get a chit for a free burger or a sundae or something?

Back
Top Bottom