• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should refugees of war always be given a right of return?

Should all refugees of war be given a right of return?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Chris

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Personally I feel that they should. We don't abandon murder cases because of the high cost of tracking down a killer. Regardless of the difficulties involved in resettling them in their original homes I think victims deserve this much. However I would definitely set limits on this. I would say that only people who were directly effected by such an event should be given an automatic right of return.

What does this poll mean? Do you mean they should be free to go back to where they were kicked out of or ran away from? Fine, they got legs, don't they?

Or do you mean someone should pay money to ship them back if they want to go?

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
What does this poll mean? Do you mean they should be free to go back to where they were kicked out of or ran away from? Fine, they got legs, don't they?

Or do you mean someone should pay money to ship them back if they want to go?
Both. What I mean is if they want to return to the territory they inhabited before the war, they should have the right to do so and not be blocked by governments opposed to their repatriation or have to undergo an immigration process. This does not necessarily imply financial compensation or assistance, though it is not ruled out.

Chris said:
Both. What I mean is if they want to return to the territory they inhabited before the war, they should have the right to do so and not be blocked by governments opposed to their repatriation or have to undergo an immigration process. This does not necessarily imply financial compensation or assistance, though it is not ruled out.

So if Britain insisted we re-patriate all the Tories that left town during the Revolution, you're saying we should have let them back in?

No. The situation is far too complex to establish some blanket principle that the morons in the UN could vote on.

Back
Top Bottom