• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should President Obama have attended Neil Armstrong's Funeral?

Obama has a very particular agenda..... and no... I am not surprised he didn't attend.

Is there something you don't understand about 'private service' and the desire not to turn his funeral into a political event. I can guarantee you that had he attended, he would have been ripped to shreds by the right on this forum and sewer radio for 'politicizing' the funeral. He just can't win with you guys, can he?

It's not the president's job to attend funerals. And I hate to be the party pooper here, but do you seriously believe the moon landing was real? Where's the dust?
It's in the museum where they show that Bush was behind 9/11, science is fooling us on global warming, space aliens killed Kennedy, Sasquatch is real, the Earth is really only 6,000 years old, the serpent in the Garden of Eden was a dinosaur, the Jews run the US, and the president is a Muslim born in Kenya. It's the museum of crazy stuff people believe, the CSPB Museum.

along with an empty chair to represent the president.
Eastwood bought the rights to Armstrong's official biography "First Man: The Life of Neil A. Armstrong". He may have wanted to see the story to the end....:roll:

However, an empty chair would be appropriate as Obama may not have been invited to the ceremony but was there in spirit. Indeed, "On Monday, in a White House proclamation, US President Barack Obama ordered that flags on all US government premises be lowered to half mast Friday to mark Armstrong's funeral. His order applied to the Stars and Stripes on the top of the White House, all public buildings, military posts, naval stations and US naval ships at sea anywhere in the world, as well as at US embassies and consulates."

Flags at half-mast across US for Armstrong funeral

Although I understand some thinking that such an important figures funeral should be attended by the President, I feel like others here. It would have only looked like a political stunt, and would have taken away from the main focus of Armstongs funeral. I say Obama made the right choice. He will have his chance to honor Armstrong during the public honoring.

Why? Did Obama personally know Armstrong and were they considered friends? Why in the world would your family want complete strangers showing up at your funeral?

The guy is dead, a funeral is an event for family and friends. It is not a media event.

And I hate to be the party pooper here, but do you seriously believe the moon landing was real? Where's the dust?

Seriously, you cannot be that insane, can you?

It's not the president's job to attend funerals.

And I hate to be the party pooper here, but do you seriously believe the moon landing was real?
Yes.

Where's the dust?
Apparently, up your nose...:lol:

A thread about a great mans funeral and we have bartisan bull**** here...

It started with partisan bull****...

You can tell people with ODS and BDS, they will politicize anything to whine about the guy who they hate.

Goshin said:
Oh, no, please tell me that was a joke and you're not seriously one of those....

A little skepticism every now and then is healthy. "Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because, if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."

Dittohead not! said:
It's in the museum where they show that Bush was behind 9/11, science is fooling us on global warming, space aliens killed Kennedy, Sasquatch is real, the Earth is really only 6,000 years old, the serpent in the Garden of Eden was a dinosaur, the Jews run the US, and the president is a Muslim born in Kenya. It's the museum of crazy stuff people believe, the CSPB Museum.

Bush is too stupid to mastermind 9/11. The "science" on global warming has been manipulated. The CIA killed Kennedy. I'm on the fence with Sasquatch/yeti. The Earth is much older than 6,000 years. There was no Garden of Eden. I thought it was the Illuminati that runs the U.S.? Or was it Bilderberg? I forget. Who cares where Obama was born?

Cephus said:
Seriously, you cannot be that insane, can you?

Certifiably!

A thread about a great mans funeral and we have bartisan bull**** here and conspiracy theorist bull**** here:

Jesus Christ.

Amen to that.

A little skepticism every now and then is healthy. "Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because, if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."

Bush is too stupid to mastermind 9/11. The "science" on global warming has been manipulated. The CIA killed Kennedy. I'm on the fence with Sasquatch/yeti. The Earth is much older than 6,000 years. There was no Garden of Eden. I thought it was the Illuminati that runs the U.S.? Or was it Bilderberg? I forget. Who cares where Obama was born?

Certifiably!

For the moon landing to have been a staged event that didn't really happen, HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE... including scientists, politicians, astronauts, engineers and others, would have had to:

1. Be in on it, willingly or coerced.
2. Maintain a lie for over 40 years, with hundreds if not thousands in on it, with not a single major breach or whistleblower among those directly involved.
3. Constructed a matrix of rockets, spacecraft, computers, other machines, pictures, video footage, physical evidence, and etc IN 1969 that 21st century technology has been unable to deconstruct as demonstrably false.
4. Plant flags and lander-bases on the moon physically that have been observed from Earth with telescopes, without bothering to go there in manned craft as stated.

It just does not stand to reason.

Goshin said:
For the moon landing to have been a staged event that didn't really happen, HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE... including scientists, politicians, astronauts, engineers and others, would have had to: ...

Very true, but imagine what had to transpire in order for the landing to actually have taken place! Boggles the mind! And not only do it once, but six times! I am certainly impressed.

Obviously the moon landings did occur, but it continually amazes me at how little people seriously the gospel version told to them by people who have much to gain from obfuscation and fabrication.

Very true, but imagine what had to transpire in order for the landing to actually have taken place! Boggles the mind! And not only do it once, but six times! I am certainly impressed. Obviously the moon landings did occur, but it continually amazes me at how little people seriously the gospel version told to them by people who have much to gain from obfuscation and fabrication.
Obviously, they did, and obviously, a hoax perpetrated by hundreds of people is one that can't work. Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead. Hundreds of people can't keep a secret, certainly not one as big as faking the moon landing, attacking the twin towers, or putting one over on the public regarding global warming. Oh, and no, Obama should not have attended Niel Armstrong's funeral. Having done so would have rightly been seen as a political stunt.

For the moon landing to have been a staged event that didn't really happen, HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE... including scientists, politicians, astronauts, engineers and others, would have had to:

1. Be in on it, willingly or coerced.
2. Maintain a lie for over 40 years, with hundreds if not thousands in on it, with not a single major breach or whistleblower among those directly involved.
3. Constructed a matrix of rockets, spacecraft, computers, other machines, pictures, video footage, physical evidence, and etc IN 1969 that 21st century technology has been unable to deconstruct as demonstrably false.
4. Plant flags and lander-bases on the moon physically that have been observed from Earth with telescopes, without bothering to go there in manned craft as stated.

You know what I love about the moon hoax conspiracy nuts? is that by the time they get to explaining how all of it was faked, they have ended up creating a scenario which the fake was more costly, complicated and probably more technologically advanced than the actual thing. It would have truly been easier and less costly to actually land on the moon.

His accomplishment (our accomplishment) was so remarkable. A man on the moon!!!! I thought about this today, and thought President Obama really should have attended his funeral.

You?

It doesn't matter either way. What Armstrong accomplished is there regardless of who is at his funeral.

Back
Top Bottom