• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should President Obama have attended Neil Armstrong's Funeral?

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
His accomplishment (our accomplishment) was so remarkable. A man on the moon!!!! I thought about this today, and thought President Obama really should have attended his funeral.

You?

No because he would of taken away the focus of the funeral. It should all be about Armstrong not about election news etc

It's not the president's job to attend funerals.

And I hate to be the party pooper here, but do you seriously believe the moon landing was real? Where's the dust?

And I hate to be the party pooper here, but do you seriously believe the moon landing was real? Where's the dust?

you mean the numerous moon rocks they brought home?

Higgins86 said:
you mean the numerous moon rocks they brought home?

No, moon rocks are neat. I mean the dust. Where did all the dust go? The moon's gravity is 1/6th that of Earth's so one would think that it would take an exceedingly long time for the dust to settle. The videos I have seen do not appear to allow for this.

the service was private invitation only

as the white house noted
... among the greatest of American heroes — not just of his time, but of all time.

R.I.P. Commander Armstrong

His accomplishment (our accomplishment) was so remarkable. A man on the moon!!!! I thought about this today, and thought President Obama really should have attended his funeral.

You?

Obama has a very particular agenda..... and no... I am not surprised he didn't attend.

Obama has a very particular agenda.

A thread about a great mans funeral and we have bartisan bull**** here and conspiracy theorist bull**** here:

No, moon rocks are neat. I mean the dust. Where did all the dust go? The moon's gravity is 1/6th that of Earth's so one would think that it would take an exceedingly long time for the dust to settle. The videos I have seen do not appear to allow for this.

Jesus Christ.

I don't mind the President of our country missing a funeral, even for someone so important. However, I would have been impressed if he had made it.

Armstrong deserves real honors. May he rest in peace.

A thread about a great mans funeral and we have bartisan bull**** here and conspiracy theorist bull**** here:

I think Ronald Reagan would have attended ... but then ... Obama is no Reagan.

my 2 cents

I believe this was also a private service and that a national service will happen next week! So maybe we will see some of DC's "finest" attend then!

I think Ronald Reagan would have attended ... but then ... Obama is no Reagan.

my 2 cents

according to most of you on here Regan probably would of landed on the moon if you gave him a rocket! End of the day Regans dead and no other former president attened as far as im aware!

just this gut feeling I have? my opinion only.

All assertions are backed by some form of thinking, no matter how ignorant... there's no such thing as "gut feeling"

All assertions are backed by some form of thinking, no matter how ignorant... there's no such thing as "gut feeling"

let's return to this thread, and the OP's comments, on september 12

Oh, no, please tell me that was a joke and you're not seriously one of those....

Oh, no, please tell me that was a joke and you're not seriously one of those....

and please tell me your not one of those? Next you will be telling me that 9/11 actually happened and that Hitler isn't living in Argentina, so naive.

and please tell me your not one of those? Next you will be telling me that 9/11 actually happened and that Hitler isn't living in Argentina, so naive.

Snort. Quit playing sillybuggers with me, Higgins. :mrgreen:

No because he would of taken away the focus of the funeral. It should all be about Armstrong not about election news etc

This was my thought as well. I actually respect Obama more for not going. It would have turned the whole thing into a huge circus.

Clint Eastwood should have attended.

Obama could have sent a representative from the white house, if invited, but his attendance would have been inappropriate.

according to most of you on here Regan probably would of landed on the moon if you gave him a rocket!
By the looks of it he was ready to go, arrived late and got there in just in time to watch the rocket take off without him...

19824thofJuly.jpg

From the right: Crippen, Nancy Reagan, President Ronald Reagan, and STS-2 mission commander Joe Engle, 1982 NASA photo.

This was my thought as well. I actually respect Obama more for not going. It would have turned the whole thing into a huge circus.

In the election season having either Obama or Romney show up to this funeral would be cheesy as hell. Please.

Back
Top Bottom