• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should people have to wait until age 21 to come out as LGBT+?

Should people have to wait until age 21 to come out as LGBT+?

• Total voters

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Colorado Republican Representative Lauren Boebert has suggested an age limit of 21 before people be allowed to make "life-altering decisions about their sexuality and identity".

"We require people to be 21 to purchase [alcoholic] beverages, and 21 to purchase tobacco products," Ms Boebert tweeted on Friday.

"Why is it so unreasonable to require people to reach a certain level of maturity before making life-altering decisions about their sexuality and identity?" she added.

"So, no one can be straight until they're 21? You are an idiot," one Twitter user responded.

Colorado Republican Representative Lauren Boebert has suggested an age limit of 21 before people be allowed to make "life-altering decisions about their sexuality and identity".

"We require people to be 21 to purchase [alcoholic] beverages, and 21 to purchase tobacco products," Ms Boebert tweeted on Friday.

"Why is it so unreasonable to require people to reach a certain level of maturity before making life-altering decisions about their sexuality and identity?" she added.

"So, no one can be straight until they're 21? You are an idiot," one Twitter user responded.

The crazy GQP'er Lauren Boebert has no business telling kids how to live their lives.

And if she's so concerned with "life-altering decisions," maybe she could start with donald trump, Matt Gaetz, and Gym Jordan, who make or enable life-altering decisions in others.

I certainly think one should be 21 before decisions are made for either hormone therapy or lopping things off.

She makes a good point, but I think she's got it wrong... It should be 18 for both, not 21.

If an 18 year old is deemed an adult by our legal system, and an 18 year old can join the military and fight and die for the country, they should be entitled to all the privileges that a 21 year old adult has.

I certainly think one should be 21 before decisions are made for either hormone therapy or lopping things off.

I'd put it at 18 for that.

No one should have to wait until a certain age to simply tell people they're part of the queer community.

No one should have to wait until a certain age to simply tell people they're part of the queer community.
Not sure about that. At 18 you're deemed not old enough to make sound decisions about drinking or smoking, but you are old enough to decide to have your body carved up beyond all recognition?

Not sure about that. At 18 you're deemed not old enough to make sound decisions about drinking or smoking, but you are old enough to decide to have your body carved up beyond all recognition?

I think drinking and smoking should be 18 too.

LGBT. That's 4 different things. Are you saying the L's and G's and B's shouldn't be allowed to date because the T's make you shudder?,

And if straight 15 year olds are allowed to date, how can that rightist think gays or lesbians should be made to wait until they're adults?

And if straight 15 year olds are allowed to date, how can that rightist think gays or lesbians should be made to wait until they're adults?

I don't know why you're asking me. I didn't say that.

I don't know why you're asking me. I didn't say that.
I'm agreeing with you. Sorry if I was unclear. That's why my sentence began with 'and', not 'but'.

Should people have to wait until age 21 to come out as LGBT+?​

Of course, not only a complete utter bigoted and or ignoring moron would think that
thats why its no surprise she thinks that LMAO

its scary that so many loons want to move us backward and bring back additional trama and punishment for the LGBT community, how bigoted, ignorant or hateful do are these nutters?
How are peoples freedoms and right along with medical science and facts so meaningless to these vile POS people?
so sad, human beings are so disgusting sometimes

LGBT. That's 4 different things. Are you saying the L's and G's and B's shouldn't be allowed to date because the T's make you shudder?,
No, I'm not saying that. My comment is limited to radical "gender reassignment" procedures.

What does "come out" mean?

No one should have to "come out."

And other people should mind their own business.

We have all heard about a family in which everyone "knew" that Uncle [fill in a name] was rumored to be gay.

But family members simply referred to him as a "confirmed bachelor."

There was a famous (and beloved) Mexican singer who everyone assumed was gay. When a reporter boldly asked him whether he was, the singer calmly answered something like (in Spanish): "One does not ask questions about what is obvious."

Moron says something moronic what else is new?

She didn't suggest that the age limit should be 21. You are the one suggesting that age. Who's the idiot here?

I love how you twisted what she said and how many people fell into line as if it were true.

The point she made is perfectly valid and she used the drinking age as an example but was ambiguous about setting a specific age about this.

She also didn't say anything about coming out as gay being age restricted.

Please carry on with the lies. Apparently making the right appear to be homophobic is what the left thinks is gonna save them in Nov.

Last edited:
She didn't suggest that the age limit should be 21. You are the one suggesting that age. Who's the idiot?
Euh, no I don't work for the independent and did not write the article. She did say that and that is why it's being reported.
Thanks for the laugh.

agreed-its when a nine year old starts claiming they need emasculation or testosterone shots and an "addadichtomy" that is concerning

But it's okay for them to fight and die for their country at age eighteen?
Yeah okay Mimi Bobeck.

Republicans will be having gays and trans register with the government and women reporting their periods.

Boebert is an idiot. Unquestionably an idiot. This piece of human trash has no redeemable qualities and is a disgrace to humanity. Not just for this, but for a large variety of hate filled opinions. This is the direction that the Trumpers have taken the Republican party that was once the party of decency and freedom is now the party of gov't control, oppression, hate, sex crimes and irrational spending.

The GOP vanguard working overtime to assure no sane person ever votes for them again.

I think at one or more people involved in this thread might be an idiot.

Certainly anyone who interpreted what was said as referring to "coming out as LGBT."

Back
Top Bottom