• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should people have to wait until age 21 to come out as LGBT+?

Should people have to wait until age 21 to come out as LGBT+?

• Total voters
The crazy GQP'er Lauren Boebert has no business telling kids how to live their lives.

And if she's so concerned with "life-altering decisions," maybe she could start with donald trump, Matt Gaetz, and Gym Jordan, who make or enable life-altering decisions in others.
Remember, they made life altering choices for minors.

You are wrong and so is your article.
In her tweet, she is advocating that folks not come out until they are mature enough. She used the idea that the age of 21 is mature enough to drink alcohol and while she specifically did not say what she considers a mature enough age (although one can extrapolate the age of 21 from her tweet)....she IS advocating the concept that there should be a legal age for coming out.

Semantics on the specific age aside...the more important take away is that she wants government to control when a person is allowed to say what they probably already know about themselves.

I thought the right was about keeping government out of personal lives.

I thought the right was about limiting government reach and control.

I thought the right was about freedom.

No....the right is just full of shite and want to control and keep down anyone who isn't like them.

Colorado Republican Representative Lauren Boebert has suggested an age limit of 21 before people be allowed to make "life-altering decisions about their sexuality and identity".

"We require people to be 21 to purchase [alcoholic] beverages, and 21 to purchase tobacco products," Ms Boebert tweeted on Friday.

"Why is it so unreasonable to require people to reach a certain level of maturity before making life-altering decisions about their sexuality and identity?" she added.

"So, no one can be straight until they're 21? You are an idiot," one Twitter user responded.

LOL... The USA 21 year old alcohol law is already idiotic and weirdly repressive. People can be in the army and kill others at 18. That said, only a person completely ignorant of kids and high school kids would think of making them wait. Most kids are obviously what they are by the time they are 16 or 17, let alone 18.

The crazy GQP'er Lauren Boebert has no business telling kids how to live their lives.

And if she's so concerned with "life-altering decisions," maybe she could start with donald trump, Matt Gaetz, and Gym Jordan, who make or enable life-altering decisions in others.
Or indeed herself as Boebart was a teenager when she decided to get pregnant and drop out of high school.

No.
But should there be an IQ test before someone becomes a member of the US House? Yes.
That would have spared everyone the mind numbing babbling of Boebert.

In her tweet, she is advocating that folks not come out until they are mature enough. She used the idea that the age of 21 is mature enough to drink alcohol and while she specifically did not say what she considers a mature enough age (although one can extrapolate the age of 21 from her tweet)....she IS advocating the concept that there should be a legal age for coming out.

Semantics on the specific age aside...the more important take away is that she wants government to control when a person is allowed to say what they probably already know about themselves.

I thought the right was about keeping government out of personal lives.

I thought the right was about limiting government reach and control.

I thought the right was about freedom.

No....the right is just full of shite and want to control and keep down anyone who isn't like them.

I don't take that away from what she said. Declaring your sexual preference isn't something I would consider life altering.

People are putting meanings that are not there. Imho.

The assumption she makes is regret. How common is transgender regret?

A 2015 survey found that 11% of females and 4% of males reverted back to their original sex. Of those, only 5% did so because they realized it wasn't what they wanted. Others reverted back due to family pressure or difficulty finding a job. In other words, bigotry.

Charlie Evans claims that "hundreds" of transgenders have regrets. Whenever he elaborates on the reasons why, it often involves being shunned by TERFs and the LGBQ community. In other words, bigotry. Others are disappointed because the transition didn't help with their gender dysphoria as they expected.

https://www.reddit.com/r/****thealt.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
0teitsgz79r81.jpg

Lauren Boebert is a certifiable moron. And she knows this is just a perfect dog whistle for the retarded Republicans who follow her. **** her. That's all that needs to be said.

Back
Top Bottom