• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should People Be Allowed To Be Transracial?

Should People Be Allowed To Be Transracial?

• Total voters

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Add a new trans

Nope, physically impossible to be a different race from the one you are born as.

Not sure if an Irishman would accept a guy from PNG as Irish unless he could drink as much beer at one sitting.

Nope, physically impossible to be a different race from the one you are born as.
So sad to see that kind of ignorance and transracialphobia :(

We Will Overcome.

Add a new trans

I think the reason people are upset with her and skeptical of hiring her is not her attempt to be transracial, but her attempts to be deceitful.

Well it’s physically impossible to be a woman when you’re a man but that’s never stopped anyone. This is an interesting topic though because “race” as we think of it is an artificial construct. A black man in Haiti has in common with a Bantu from South Africa only rough skin color.

if race means nothing why can’t one be transracial?

Ah yes, time to watch the usual suspects high-five each other as they use this moronic excuse of a thread to attack people suffering from the very real gender dysphoria.

Always punching down, and dishonestly at that.

Add a new trans

The lengths to which the Right will go in order to distract from the failures of their ideology is stunning.

Ah yes, time to watch the usual suspects high-five each other as they use this moronic excuse of a thread to attack people suffering from the very real gender dysphoria.

No one denies gender dysphoria, the controversy is between the correct people who see it as a mental illness and the politically inclined people who view the world through a deconstructive lense and think the insanity should be encouraged.

It really does begin to make sense why they all liked Trump.

Well, I do not know. If we delve beyond the merely cosmetic and immediate national origins, race as a theory was literally a social construct developed to justify particular practices such colonial and imperial exploitation and slavery. Prior to its construction, exploitation and oppression was based merely on the fact that "God is clearly on our side and wants us to rule over you. Otherwise, why would he have let us win?"

Its not possible to change one’s skin color and origin of birth but race has always been socially constructed and changes on the whim of society. Just like we see the native americans as a different race, the Japanese see the Ainu as a different indigenous race.

She profited by lying about her race, and now sobs that people disapprove of her? LOL

Well, I do not know. If we delve beyond the merely cosmetic and immediate national origins, race as a theory was literally a social construct developed to justify particular practices such colonial and imperial exploitation and slavery. Prior to its construction, exploitation and oppression was based merely on the fact that "God is clearly on our side and wants us to rule over you. Otherwise, why would he have let us win?"
This is brilliant.

It is a crazy world.
There is a frequent poster here who claims to be black because his DNA test showed 2-3% African.

So If we checked our DNA I guess we could all claim quite a few nationalities.

I am 5'11" but I always wanted to be 6'4".
So when I go to the new car dealer and tell him I need a car that allows my 6'4" frame to climb in and out of it he will just nod in agreement because he is a good person.

Its not possible to change one’s skin color and origin of birth but race has always been socially constructed and changes on the whim of society. Just like we see the native americans as a different race, the Japanese see the Ainu as a different indigenous race.
race is not a social construct, culture is.

Since, like gender, race is a sociological construct, why not? The political motivation for the premise of the thread is, however, only too obvious. It has been painfully evident for too long now that there are too many empty vessels for whom complex and multi-faceted topics have to be boiled down to a dualistic choice of yay or nay. There's a good BBC podcast available entitled The Death of Nuance. Should be required listening.

Add a new trans

I suppose if one can be transsexual, one can be transracial, transformer or any other trans. That's where we're headed.

Both are. Care to define race to me in biological terms?
Populations that shares certain characteristics in higher frequencies than other populations of that species.

Back
Top Bottom