• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Paid posters posting an agenda be considered as SPAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SailaWay

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Paid advertisers is spam///// so is Paid Posters posting an agenda also considered as SPAM?

What would be the clues to look for with this issue?? one would be a TON of posts and another would be no posts on any other important parts of life in a forum..

what happens when a poster is doing this but hiding their agenda? Other posters assume they are also trying to understand issues and they debate with posters trying also to understand . This hiding takes up a ton of time and its just a waste of time debating paid agenda posters.

Paid advertisers is spam///// so is Paid Posters posting an agenda also considered as SPAM?

What would be the clues to look for with this issue?? one would be a TON of posts and another would be no posts on any other important parts of life in a forum..

what happens when a poster is doing this but hiding their agenda? Other posters assume they are also trying to understand issues and they debate with posters trying also to understand . This hiding takes up a ton of time and its just a waste of time debating paid agenda posters.

Last election cycle, I suspected we had shills on board. So be it. No way to know for sure.

Engage or not. The choice is up to each individual.

Seems to me you are paid to talk about secession.

Last election cycle, I suspected we had shills on board. So be it. No way to know for sure.

Engage or not. The choice is up to each individual.

but there are clues to make it a higher percent chance... like a ton of posts and only on one agenda....how can a person with the most posts or close to the most .. how can they go for 10 years with only 1 interest in a forum with many other parts of life?

Seems to me you are paid to talk about secession.

so far yes... but check to see if one issue over a year or so... i talk abut secession.. but other issues like voting must have a wisdom test...also this issue of possible paid posters working forums for an agenda....also an issue is how the younger a person is the more liberal because of less experience.. a few other issues... how the stock markets predicts success or failure

but there are clues to make it a higher percent chance... like a ton of posts and only on one agenda....how can a person with the most posts or close to the most .. how can they go for 10 years with only 1 interest in a forum with many other parts of life?

We have a poster who only posts on abortion threads. May not see her for months. Another who posts mostly on gun forums.

I wouldnt put money on anyone for being a shill. I dont think anyone is likely to be paid to post on Debate Politics since no one here EVER EVER EVER changes his/her mind. ;)

Lol there is little evidence to support that paid posters would waste their time on such a small internet community. They are out there in the twitter-verse however.

so far yes... but check to see if one issue over a year or so... i talk abut secession.. but other issues like voting must have a wisdom test...also this issue of possible paid posters working forums for an agenda....also an issue is how the younger a person is the more liberal because of less experience.. a few other issues... how the stock markets predicts success or failure

May I ask. Is English your first language?

We have a poster who only posts on abortion threads. May not see her for months. Another who posts mostly on gun forums.

I wouldnt put money on anyone for being a shill. I dont think anyone is likely to be paid to post on Debate Politics since no one here EVER EVER EVER changes his/her mind. ;)

posting mostly on certain forums is not the same as posting ONLY on certain forums... Paid posters will generally post on what they are paid to do unless they start getting caught and then may post on other topics to disguise

posting mostly on certain forums is not the same as posting ONLY on certain forums... Paid posters will generally post on what they are paid to do unless they start getting caught and then may post on other topics to disguise

Ok fine.believe what you wish.

there was a guy in 2012 who was a paid obama staff member. he posted 15-25 posts a day that were pro Obama and anti Mitt. He never ever was seen again after the election

Lol there is little evidence to support that paid posters would waste their time on such a small internet community. They are out there in the twitter-verse however.

if they are paid to post on twitter than posting to a popular and busy forum would also help.. also people who post reviews of products.. many times they may be paid

Yes, they should be considered spam. I do believe that the term in the industry is call AstroTurf.

Astroturf is a term used to describe organizations or movements that are created or funded by large corporations, rich benefactors, or professional full-time activists, that have been contrived to appear to be "grassroots" movements formed by regular folks. It is named for a brand of artificial grass used in sports arenas and elsewhere (pioneered at the Astrodome - get it?).

For example, a slick glossy publication called The New Hampshire Smoker tried to present itself as the journal of a grassroots group formed to "protect smoker's rights". However, in the fine print it said "Published by Philip-Morris" -- a major cigarette manufacturer. The tobacco industry was notorious for its astroturf groups, such as TASSC. In political contexts, use of the word "Citizens" in a group's name is a strong (though not absolute) sign of astroturfing.

In the real world, it is sometimes difficult to discern between hard-core "astroturf" and genuine "grassroots" organisations, since interested commercial entities will often provide some funding to groups that were formed by real people. Although it is theoretically possible for a determined group of individuals to take over and wrest control away from a corporate sponsor, turning astroturf into the real thing, the odds are strongly against this, since money is the backbone of modern political activism. It's also possible, and much easier, for a genuine grassroots organisation to be co-opted by a corporate sponsor and turned into astroturf.
Astroturf - RationalWiki

Quite true Maggie. Positively identifying AstroTurf in forums such as these with a high degree of certainty would be difficult, but not impossible. It'd really be a challenge for the moderators of the forum to get the needed information together and make the call.

there was a guy in 2012 who was a paid obama staff member. he posted 15-25 posts a day that were pro Obama and anti Mitt. He never ever was seen again after the election

so that would give credibility to having paid posters posting an agenda on busy forums to try to influence

Now these posters will have PRACTICED over and over and will get good at posting and will show less emotion and help bring upset posters to help influence... They have practiced over and over to remain cool.. that is another clue

If I post while killing time at work, does that mean I'm paid to post here?

Because if so, I've made quite a bit of money here.

I think i have seen people pretending to be normal white american texans and then all their posts is showing how good islam is and how bad israel and jews are///// this person had the most posts by far in the forums and ALL on that one thing and many versions of that issue

BUSY FORUMS may be a main target to try to brainwash for an agenda

Who forces anyone to read anything posted on this forum?

"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~ Tommy Smothers

I think i have seen people pretending to be normal white american texans and then all their posts is showing how good islam is and how bad israel and jews are///// this person had the most posts by far in the forums and ALL on that one thing and many versions of that issue

BUSY FORUMS may be a main target to try to brainwash for an agenda

... I can't say I've encountered a jew-hating, Muslim-loving Texan.

If I post while killing time at work, does that mean I'm paid to post here?

Because if so, I've made quite a bit of money here.

if tons of posts and all on one issue.////.. forums have many many forums that covers all interests of life.. why would a person not have interest in any other part of life?

Yes, they should be considered spam. I do believe that the term in the industry is call AstroTurf.

Quite true Maggie. Positively identifying AstroTurf in forums such as these with a high degree of certainty would be difficult, but not impossible. It'd really be a challenge for the moderators of the forum to get the needed information together and make the call.

Id be amazed if our Moderators bothered.

... I can't say I've encountered a jew-hating, Muslim-loving Texan.

RIGHT.. that was the clue .... a muslim pretending to be a normal white texan.. that would be exactly the way they would post

I frequent another political forum, and on a daily basis, tge same 2 posters consistently posts 3 to 4 threads on there hatred of Mrs Clinton, often its the same dribble cut and pasted from there previous days rants. I do not see so much of it here, and often wonder if those rabid Hillary haters are paid, or just mentaly ill.

I have to correct my earlier post-the poster in question left shortly after Obama was inaugurated and was never seen again. he was active from July 2011 through February 2013 and 95% of his posts were about why Obama should be re-elected

also another clue.. if one poster with a ton of posts and on their lean says they are opposite what they are posting about.... but listing MODERATE may be the best way to find the paid poster... if all posts are yes for conservatives or liberal then a good chance trying to fool and a paid agenda poster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom