• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Paid posters posting an agenda be considered as SPAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIGHT.. that was the clue .... a muslim pretending to be a normal white texan.. that would be exactly the way they would post

Why would a muslim pretend to be a "normal white texan?"

We have a poster who only posts on abortion threads. May not see her for months. Another who posts mostly on gun forums.

I wouldnt put money on anyone for being a shill. I dont think anyone is likely to be paid to post on Debate Politics since no one here EVER EVER EVER changes his/her mind. ;)

I post mostly on abortion threads because that is where my interest is right now.
When the Detroit Three car companies were in crisis I posted a lot about not letting them liquidate.
Before our heathcare act was passed I posted about the need for a national healthcare plan.
I also posted in support of old Bush tax cut on the wealthy to expire.

The Detroit 3 survived and they are doing quite well now.

Now that the ACA has passed I will post occasionally but not much since I just feel the ACA needs to be tweeked a little as time passes.

Also the Bush tax for the wealthy expired, so I no longer post about that issue either.

Most political issues are just the same old type political attacks happening over and over , I read some, ignore most and may comment once in a while.

I am a big Disney fan and have posted a lot on those forums.
I would love to be paid to promote the Disney company but alas no one has offered to pay me to post on any forum including the Disney ones.

Any offers?

.....just kidding.;). :2wave:

Last edited:
if they are paid to post on twitter than posting to a popular and busy forum would also help.. also people who post reviews of products.. many times they may be paid

Twitter is basically the universe and this site is a little pond that is barely detectable in that universe. I don't know the data of FB shares and Twitter stats linking to and from this site, but basically because we don't seem to have that functionality to easily share content on those sites. It probably doesn't happen all that often. Frankly we are not huge on social media so there are no social media spammers who want to hit us.

I frequent another political forum, and on a daily basis, tge same 2 posters consistently posts 3 to 4 threads on there hatred of Mrs Clinton, often its the same dribble cut and pasted from there previous days rants. I do not see so much of it here, and often wonder if those rabid Hillary haters are paid, or just mentaly ill.

passion is the clue that they are NOT paid to post agenda.... passion means not long term planned.. when one spends so much time to post when paid they will be less emotional

I frequent another political forum, and on a daily basis, tge same 2 posters consistently posts 3 to 4 threads on there hatred of Mrs Clinton, often its the same dribble cut and pasted from there previous days rants. I do not see so much of it here, and often wonder if those rabid Hillary haters are paid, or just mentaly ill.

They are most likely bots and a very passionate person behind those bots. I really don't see political campaigns wasting time on political forums. It would be too obvious to the communities. Banning commences and spammers destroyed. Simple.

Paid poster shilling for a political agenda is still on-topic. They are participating in the forum and giving the other posters material to discuss.

I'd accept money to promote a particular viewpoint on this forum, as long as it was a viewpoint I agreed with. It's a service I am already performing for free.

Twitter is basically the universe and this site is a little pond that is barely detectable in that universe. I don't know the data of FB shares and Twitter stats linking to and from this site, but basically because we don't seem to have that functionality to easily share content on those sites. It probably doesn't happen all that often. Frankly we are not huge on social media so there are no social media spammers who want to hit us.

but those big sites may have ways to stop them more so than these type forums

but there are clues to make it a higher percent chance... like a ton of posts and only on one agenda....how can a person with the most posts or close to the most ..
how can they go for 10 years with only 1 interest in a forum
with many other parts of life?

Who has been on this forum for 10 years? Name a few people.

:lol:

Paid poster shilling for a political agenda is still on-topic. They are participating in the forum and giving the other posters material to discuss.

I'd accept money to promote a particular viewpoint on this forum, as long as it was a viewpoint I agreed with. It's a service I am already performing for free.

if you show you are paid then people cannot be fooled as much... the foolers will probably be Moderates on their LEAN to the side

but those big sites may have ways to stop them more so than these type forums

No they don't. In fact, it's easier to patrol these sites because everyone in the community can recognize these threats. If there is a section on twitter that is just garbage. Twitter basically has no choice but to let the garbage continue. Hence twitter is having a hard time keeping ISIS in check, but we could easily spot ISIS propaganda on here. If they ever stumbled upon us.

No they don't. In fact, it's easier to patrol these sites because everyone in the community can recognize these threats. If there is a section on twitter that is just garbage. Twitter basically has no choice but to let the garbage continue. Hence twitter is having a hard time keeping ISIS in check, but we could easily spot ISIS propaganda on here. If they ever stumbled upon us.

everyone cannot understand this issue the same

I haven't seen a Putinbot in a while.

As a student, I think that would be pretty much be a dream job in the short term.

everyone cannot understand this issue the same

It's quite simple. The larger the group the harder it is to control. The smaller the group the easier it is to control. I for instance have seen great communities get caught up with and obsessed with whatever popular wave of populist political movements happened over the years and that destroyed them. This forum is by far the most balanced I have ever been on in years and it's usually the new people who always complain about unfairness or spammers or trolls!

The rest is saved for the basement!

They are most likely bots and a very passionate person behind those bots. I really don't see political campaigns wasting time on political forums. It would be too obvious to the communities. Banning commences and spammers destroyed. Simple.

Bots? How does that work?

the key to think they are trying to fool is if they have moderate instead of conservative.... THAT would then influence the most

Oh, man, ****ing Trumpers on my Facebook feed have been posting memes about how they like Putin better than our own President.

Yeah that's exactly my point. FB is full of those people, but here it is non-existent because we would ban them in an instant. In fact, there is hardly any Russian Propaganda here at all, which I prefer!

We have a poster who only posts on abortion threads. May not see her for months. Another who posts mostly on gun forums.

I wouldnt put money on anyone for being a shill. I dont think anyone is likely to be paid to post on Debate Politics since no one here EVER EVER EVER changes his/her mind. ;)

Every poster has their hot topics, either topics close to their heart or topics with which they feel knowledgeable. Often both at the same time. Concentrating posts in a few topics and not bothering to open other topics does not seem to me to indicate much of anything.

One topic that I notice is the 9/11 conspiracy topic. We've a few posters who mostly show up in those threads. I doubt that anybody is paying them.

It's quite simple. The larger the group the harder it is to control. The smaller the group the easier it is to control. I for instance have seen great communities get caught up with and obsessed with whatever popular wave of populist political movements happened over the years and that destroyed them. This forum is by far the most balanced I have ever been on in years and it's usually the new people who always complain about unfairness or spammers or trolls!

The rest is saved for the basement!

most likely the foolers will list moderate in their lean.. that way people will think they do not have an agenda and can be fooled easier

Bots? How does that work?

Basically what the way you described those posting habits from a different forum, but more automated. They don't actually copy and paste it but a computer program does it for them and they just run that. Also very rare.

most likely the foolers will list moderate in their lean.. that way people will think they do not have an agenda and can be fooled easier

LOL. :roll: sighs. My point exactly, what agenda do I have?

Every poster has their hot topics, either topics close to their heart or topics with which they feel knowledgeable. Often both at the same time. Concentrating posts in a few topics and not bothering to open other topics does not seem to me to indicate much of anything.

One topic that I notice is the 9/11 conspiracy topic. We've a few posters who mostly show up in those threads. I doubt that anybody is paying them.

AGAIN it is one interest ONLY as the clue and listing moderate as their lean.. that would be what paid posters will do and these will be less emotional because of practicing so much

forums have many big interests of a human and living here so long and not having interests in other parts of life is a red flag

LOL. :roll: sighs. My point exactly, what agenda do I have?

well your posts are just 3.6 k.... and no idea if you only post on one issue.. i have seen this one person with nearly 38k and so far as i can tell only on one issue and listing HIS LEAN AS MODERATE BUT never going with conservatism.... moderates generally are half and half.. that would show a plan to influence easier with saying moderate

Paid advertisers is spam///// so is Paid Posters posting an agenda also considered as SPAM?

What would be the clues to look for with this issue?? one would be a TON of posts and another would be no posts on any other important parts of life in a forum..

what happens when a poster is doing this but hiding their agenda? Other posters assume they are also trying to understand issues and they debate with posters trying also to understand . This hiding takes up a ton of time and its just a waste of time debating paid agenda posters.

If I paid you not to post would that be MAPS? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom