• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Novak Djoković be allowed to play at the Australian Open?

Should Novak Djoković be allowed to play at the Australian Open?

• No!

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • yes

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • other

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
He should be kicked out of Australia, tens of thousands get infected at the moment and having some idiot anti-vaxxer running around potentially spreading the virus or promoting irresponsible behavior when so many are having to give up their freedoms so that some foolish rich tennis player can get away with things would give the wrong message.

And while he was supposedly ill he was doing events and walking around with no masks or social distancing. So I do not believe he had covid and most certainly was not quarantining so there is no reason to believe that if he gets infected during the tournament/stay in Australia, that he would be social distancing or quarantining in Australia. Djokovic can go home and not infect his ridiculous covid views on the Australian public. Because this judge is now rewarding him for thumbing his nose at the Australian covid rules.

And I heard his whiny mother whine about him being tortured, screw her and her entire family for being whiny snowflakes. This is what happens if you try and screw over the immigration system in Oz to get away with not getting vaccinated.
I already didn't like him much... he is too much of a primadonna. Now I can't stand him.

I already didn't like him much... he is too much of a primadonna. Now I can't stand him.
I never could stand him, my favorites were Sampras, McEnroe and Federer. Never minded Agassi either but did like him better when he took off that wig.

Seems Australia has special unwritten rules for foreign tennis celebrities.

My high regard of Australia just took a nose-dive.

I never could stand him, my favorites were Sampras, McEnroe and Federer. Never minded Agassi either but did like him better when he took off that wig.
Same for me with Agassi. LOL

McEnroe and Federer were my favorites on the male side.
Hingis, Tracy Austin, Navratilova and Sophia Kenin on the Female side.

Same for me with Agassi. LOL

McEnroe and Federer were my favorites on the male side.
Hingis, Tracy Austin, Navratilova and Sophia Kenin on the Female side.
Hingis was a great lady, so was Navratilova, it was so sad she had to hide her life so long. Stupid conservative people in those days.

To me McEnroe and Federer are pure honest as they are, too many players play or role or are totally nuts.

Hingis was a great lady, so was Navratilova, it was so sad she had to hide her life so long. Stupid conservative people in those days.

To me McEnroe and Federer are pure honest as they are, too many players play or role or are totally nuts.
I thought it was so obvious about Navratilova that when she "came out" I was surprised because I thought that she already had.

I felt bad for Hingis. When people make their "great" lists she and Seles are often left off, but their stats pre-injury and stabbing were better than Serena.

I thought it was so obvious about Navratilova that when she "came out" I was surprised because I thought that she already had.

I felt bad for Hingis. When people make their "great" lists she and Seles are often left off, but their stats pre-injury and stabbing were better than Serena.
I liked Hingis, I am not a big fan of Serena, too dominant really. But I am not a big fan of any of the current lot besides Federer.

What I hate most is the groaning and screaming of the players, both men and women. Also it is too dependent on the serve rather than real gameplay.

I liked Hingis, I am not a big fan of Serena, too dominant really. But I am not a big fan of any of the current lot besides Federer.

What I hate most is the groaning and screaming of the players, both men and women. Also it is too dependent on the serve rather than real gameplay.
Exactly! The shrieking of the female players in the early 2000's until a few years ago turned me completely off of tennis. I did not watch much beyond Federer, Roddick and Murray for a little over ten years. I don't care for Serena at all.

Exactly! The shrieking of the female players in the early 2000's until a few years ago turned me completely off of tennis. I did not watch much beyond Federer, Roddick and Murray for a little over ten years. I don't care for Serena at all.
It is horrendous, sometimes I think they should put a device that shows the decibels of the screams and grunts.

I have always loved cycling but I must admit I no longer like any players from the US postal era or before.

It is horrendous, sometimes I think they should put a device that shows the decibels of the screams and grunts.

I have always loved cycling but I must admit I no longer like any players from the US postal era or before.
I was huge into the Tour in the 80's. Greg LeMond! My man. That finish vs Fignon was amazing. The battles with the Badger, all that drama, great. There is a great documentary called Slaying the Badger on Netflix. Well worth watching.

The 90's were alright and I loved the Armstrong years... but then the cheating came out.

What a waste. I got back into it with Chris Froom though. Not much interest the last few years though.

I was huge into the Tour in the 80's. Greg LeMond! My man. That finish vs Fignon was amazing. The battles with the Badger, all that drama, great. There is a great documentary called Slaying the Badger on Netflix. Well worth watching.

The 90's were alright and I loved the Armstrong years... but then the cheating came out.

What a waste. I got back into it with Chris Froom though. Not much interest the last few years though.
The thing I hated most about Armstrong is the other people he destroyed by suing them to bankruptcy almost or worse. All in all while lying and lying and lying to everybody and worse he doped all his team mates to the hilt.

The thing I hated most about Armstrong is the other people he destroyed by suing them to bankruptcy almost or worse. All in all while lying and lying and lying to everybody and worse he doped all his team mates to the hilt.
I know. It was crazy. .,..and the thing is that he got away with it clear, until he just couldn't help himself, greedy bastard, and had to come back. That opened up that can as some of those hurt basically said, **** this, and brought out all the details and Lance went down.

I know. It was crazy. .,..and the thing is that he got away with it clear, until he just couldn't help himself, greedy bastard, and had to come back. That opened up that can as some of those hurt basically said, **** this, and brought out all the details and Lance went down.
I hope his victims can sue him to bankruptcy.

This Novak should also be sued, if he really had Covid and knew it and mingled with lots of people and even chlidren during that time.

Other, its up to the Australian govt to decide if he is allowed to stay or not

New questions:

• Novak Djokovic said he had not travelled for 14 days before arriving in Australia from Spain on January 5
  • Photos and videos reportedly show him in Serbia at the end of December
  • Immigration Minister Alex Hawke is still considering whether to cancel Djokovic's visa

New questions:

And the QR code that he provided, gives both a negative and positive result according to media sources... soooooooooooooo.

And the QR code that he provided, gives both a negative and positive result according to media sources... soooooooooooooo.
He is a cheater!

I also hate it. Why do they do it?

According to them: it allows them to hit the ball harder.
According to me: it covers the ball/racquet sound which is useful for guessing spin on the ball

tumblr_m1rkzpHj1n1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

Australia is kicking out Djokovic, it is high time. Unvaccinated, lied about his purported positive test (in his home country he should have isolated himself) did not stop him from attending public events and on his visa application he said that he had not been in any other country besides Serbia, but evidence was aplenty that he had been training in Spain (covid hotspot, who have been having a huge wave since the end of December) so his visa was cancelled and a round of applause for the minister of immigration Hawke for kicking him out of the country. Hopefully he will be treated like any other visa rule breaker and be denied entry from Australia for the next 1 to 3 years.

Is it official now?

Must he really leave Australia?

Back
Top Bottom