• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Novak Djoković be allowed to play at the Australian Open?

• No!

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • yes

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • other

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

I am sure you know the case?

The Australian Open made it clear of the vaccination rules for all players prior.
And the Australian government has made it clear on the mandates required to enter the country.
Djokovic chose to ignore both and should not be allowed to play.

I wonder what the judges will say tomorrow.

Now 6 out of 6 say: No!

Some info:

World number one men's tennis player Novak Djokovic has had his visa to enter Australia dramatically revoked on his arrival in Melbourne, amid a huge backlash over a vaccine exemption.

Djokovic was held in the airport for several hours before border officials announced he had not met entry rules.
He was then taken to a government detention hotel. A court will decide on his deportation on Monday.
The row is around an exemption he had to play in the Australian Open.

Granting him an exemption, if for no other reason, shows favoritism for the wealthy/famous.

He is unvaccinated, running around to events with no mask, against vaccinations, has had Covid and because he is a millionaire with great lawyers he is going to cry about being told no?

His lawyers are claiming he had Covid a month ago, and should be allowed in. The day after he tested positive he appeared sans mask to present trophies to children. Hardly the act of a responsible adult.

Not a chance in hell!

As far as I know, the Australian Open starts on the 17th of January.
I do hope it will start without this cheating Novak.

His lawyers are claiming he had Covid a month ago, and should be allowed in. The day after he tested positive he appeared sans mask to present trophies to children. Hardly the act of a responsible adult.

Fweedumb means no responsibility to anything but the myopic self.

Now the judges should speak ....

As it seems, he is allowed to play.

He claimed to have had Covid.
And the day after allegedly being tested positive with Covid, he posed with groups of children.
Either way something is very wrong

Now he will be allowed to play ...

Granting him an exemption, if for no other reason, shows favoritism for the wealthy/famous.

He is unvaccinated, running around to events with no mask, against vaccinations, has had Covid and because he is a millionaire with great lawyers he is going to cry about being told no?
He should be kicked out of Australia, tens of thousands get infected at the moment and having some idiot anti-vaxxer running around potentially spreading the virus or promoting irresponsible behavior when so many are having to give up their freedoms so that some foolish rich tennis player can get away with things would give the wrong message.

And while he was supposedly ill he was doing events and walking around with no masks or social distancing. So I do not believe he had covid and most certainly was not quarantining so there is no reason to believe that if he gets infected during the tournament/stay in Australia, that he would be social distancing or quarantining in Australia. Djokovic can go home and not infect his ridiculous covid views on the Australian public. Because this judge is now rewarding him for thumbing his nose at the Australian covid rules.

And I heard his whiny mother whine about him being tortured, screw her and her entire family for being whiny snowflakes. This is what happens if you try and screw over the immigration system in Oz to get away with not getting vaccinated.

It seems the Australian government is giving in to this Novak.

Big Money is speaking ....

Back
Top Bottom