• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should NATO Intervene If Putin Uses Chemical Weapons in Ukraine?

Should NATO declare war against Russia if they start to use chemical weapons in Ukraine?

• Total voters
Yes.

That would prove that Putzin is a threat to the entire world and should be gotten rid of by any means necessary. Even if it's something as simple as a military hit squad or drone strike on his office.

Sadly, we did that in what was then Belgian Congo in the 60s. The US govt sanctioned and carried out the assassination of Patrice Lumumba. And it led to further torture and injustices for decades to come.

In my opinion, yes it is worth it. If we do not stand up to tyrants like putin, that is who will be running the world so the sooner we stand up to him the better in my opinion before we can't.
You may be right.

In my life the few times I have based a decision on apprehension vs. doing the right thing I have regretted it later.

Absolutely.

They should take out the unit that deploys such weapons, and if they actually do it, they should give Russia 3 days to leave Ukraine or start attacking the troops there. And also, if missiles are launched from Belarus against US targets, then we make it clear we will bomb the ever ****ing living shit out out of Minsk.

All I keep hearing is "We have to avoid a direct confrontation with Russia" and I don't think that's true. I don't think Russia is suicidal, but here's the thing: if Russia is somehow unhinged and detached from reality, then you MUST confront that threat sooner rather than later -- you must. If you allow an aggressor to continue unimpeded, they become more confident and begin taking even bigger risks.

I really wish Biden's WH would stop communicating that they're trying to avoid hot war at all costs - they need to stop using that kind of language and shift to "all options are on the table" messaging instead.

Here's the thing: the West goes out of its way to avoid conflict with a nuclear-armed country. But is Putin going out of his way to avoid conflict with nuclear-armed NATO? Absolutely not. He's challenging us at every turn. That's why we must change our approach. We must not only change our language but our posture. We need to tell Putin -and China by the way- that the United States is now going to increase its nuclear readiness and that all options are on the table. Believe me - if that doesn't get Moscow's attention, it will get Beijing's, and shit will change right quick. I promise you.

Back
Top Bottom