• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should Muslims be permitted to immigrate to the United States

Should Muslims be permitted to immigrate to the United States?

• Yes

Votes: 42 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Another take on the Bali bombings by Christopher Hitchens

Gandhi>Bush said:
Terrorist immigrants are threatening immigrants. Arabs and Muslims are not threatening immigrants.
How do YOU propose to distinguish between the two?

Well why dont we kick all the christians out of the country two, who knows which ones might blow up an abortion clinc, or assassinate a foriegn leader, or kill gay people.

Missouri Mule said:
No, I have not done that. I've said why take the chance? We don't need more Muslims here. They bring nothing to the table except an evil ideology.

Once again you've blatantly stamped EVIL IDEOLOGY on ALL Muslims.

What do you think a public restriction on Muslim immigration is going to say to ALL Muslims inside and outside this country?

It says we are against Muslims. We should be saying we are agaist terrorism.

Diogenes said:
How do YOU propose to distinguish between the two?

I don't think we have to.

Gandhi>Bush said:
What do you think a public restriction on Muslim immigration is going to say to ALL Muslims inside and outside this country?
Prove you are not a terrorist or you can't enter. Surely you don't think ALL Muslims are too stupid to understand that.

I don't think we have to.
WHAT!?!? Could you please try to be serious?

Diogenes said:
Prove you are not a terrorist or you can't enter. Surely you don't think ALL Muslims are too stupid to understand that.

How does one prove such a thing?

WHAT!?!? Could you please try to be serious?

I'm being serious. It's called terrorism for a reason. Their weapon is fear. Don't be afraid.

Gandhi>Bush said:
I'm being serious. It's called terrorism for a reason. Their weapon is fear. Don't be afraid.
Do you not agree though that we should be wary & on our guard ?
To be so involves a degree of fear. That's why planes rarely crash due to pilot error, because the pilot's life is also on the line.
Gandhi>Bush said:
These men that you kill have family and friends. When does this cycle of stupidity end? With the total extermination of one of you? Or with a change in one of you?
Are you saying terrorists should get off scott free ?
At the very least they need to be apprehended & face the courts surely ?
Of course as punishment the court should deny them the death sentence, since that is what they want & we don't want to reward them do we :2razz:

Last edited:
robin said:
Do you not agree though that we should be wary & on our guard ?
To be so involves a degree of fear. That's why planes rarely crash due to pilot error, because the pilot's life is also on the line.

Be on your guard is fine. Keeping all Muslims out of the United States and any other form of the ignorance known as predjudice is to cross the line of being defensive and entering the realm of being terrified. Isn't that what the terrorists want?

This whole discussion to me reaks of the Red Scare. I can just see people walking around screaming at each other because someone with an olive complexion just sat down next to them on their flight to LAX.

Are you saying terrorists should get off scott free ?
At the very least they need to be apprehended & face the courts surely ?
Of course as punishment the court should deny them the death sentence, since that is what they want & we don't want to reward them do we :2razz:

No. I didn't say that at all. Our efforts should be towards apprehending terrorists and putting them on trial and then incarcerating them.

Missouri Mule said:
No, I have not done that. I've said why take the chance? We don't need more Muslims here. They bring nothing to the table except an evil ideology.
I've written this before about Mule's posts and obviously I need to write it again.

Almost every post that Mule writes in this thread are racist and filled with hate and incredible ignorance. Shall I clarify? Mule's posts are RACIST, FILLED WITH HATE AND UNBELIEVABLY IGNORANT.

About the only posts that are more hate filled in this community are the ones written by the Nazi Guy who hates Jews and Blacks.

What is oh so interesting is that virtually no one takes the Nazi Guy's posts seriously or creditable and I think the same can be said for Mule's posts because just about everyone out here does not write racist, hate filled and ignorant posts concerning Muslims, Jews, Christians or anyone else under the rainbow.

I find it repulsive to read Mule's posts. I condemn his posts. I think he is free to write and express his hate based opinions and I am free to knock those words down and renounce them and I will continue to renounce posts that are racist, hate filled and ignorant.

26 X World Champs said:
I've written this before about Mule's posts and obviously I need to write it again.

Almost every post that Mule writes in this thread are racist and filled with hate and incredible ignorance. Shall I clarify? Mule's posts are RACIST, FILLED WITH HATE AND UNBELIEVABLY IGNORANT.

About the only posts that are more hate filled in this community are the ones written by the Nazi Guy who hates Jews and Blacks.

What is oh so interesting is that virtually no one takes the Nazi Guy's posts seriously or creditable and I think the same can be said for Mule's posts because just about everyone out here does not write racist, hate filled and ignorant posts concerning Muslims, Jews, Christians or anyone else under the rainbow.

I find it repulsive to read Mule's posts. I condemn his posts. I think he is free to write and express his hate based opinions and I am free to knock those words down and renounce them and I will continue to renounce posts that are racist, hate filled and ignorant.

Attack his words not his character.

Gandhi>Bush said:
Attack his words not his character.
I most definitely did! Please reread my post and I think you will clearly see that I am constantly referring to his posts, not to him directly.

I am very conscious of the rules and I sculpt my posts as reply to the posts not the poster.

Gandhi>Bush said:
Once again you've blatantly stamped EVIL IDEOLOGY on ALL Muslims.

It says we are against Muslims. We should be saying we are agaist terrorism.

Well, it IS an evil ideology (and an utterly phony "religion.). But it does not follow that all Muslims are evil. Many are, but most are just gullible having grown up with this cult of death. Big difference.

They are to be pitied but also to be seen for the potential threat that pose to the civilized world. You may not like it, but the vast majority of ALL terrorism in the world is committed by fanatical rabid Muslims. That's a fact and you can make all the flowery excuses you want but you can't deny that fact.

As to why I believe we ought to restrict Muslim immigration it is to reduce the possibility of the inevitable nuclear attack on the United States. Why invite even one more Muslim in the country? That one Muslim may very well be the next Mohammad Atta (the 9/11 ringleader).

Am I wrong?

26 X World Champs said:

You keep accusing me of being "racist." Other than being utterly without foundation, can you find even one place where I have condemned any race? I'll bet you can't.

We're talking about the modern day equivalence of Hitler's Nazism; which incidentally is the father of fanatical Islamism that is the evil we are all against (assuming one is a rational person.) Much of the rhetoric by the worst of the worst comes right out of Hitler's playbook. Coincidence? I don't believe in coincidences.

OdgenTugbyGlub said:
Well why dont we kick all the christians out of the country two, who knows which ones might blow up an abortion clinc, or assassinate a foriegn leader, or kill gay people.

Ridiculous comparison. Stop drinking the Kool-aid.

Developing story

Maybe has legs; maybe not. I've been following this story on another web site and it is gathering some steam. Now reported on local television. Make of it what you will.

Note: The suicide bombing is a fact. Whether or not he was tied in anyway with Islamic terrorists is yet to be determined. A "trial run?" Perhaps.

On a related note, I see that President Jacques Chirac has informed the Turks they will have to clean up their "cultural" problem (meaning Islamic fundamentalism) before they will be admitted to the EU in about 15 years. Odd, that the French who have been so opposed to U.S. policy seem to "get it" while Americans are blind to this danger. 70% of French citizens are opposed to Turkish entry to the EU.
=======================
Oklahoma bomber
had jihad material
Documents found in apartment of student who blew himself up
Posted: October 4, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Jon Dougherty
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

An Oklahoma University student who killed himself by detonating a bomb strapped to his body outside a packed stadium over the weekend was a "suicide bomber" in possession of "Islamic jihad" materials, according to a new report.

Joel Henry Hinrichs III, 21, an engineering major at the school blew himself up outside OU's football stadium during Saturday night's game against Kansas State. Doug Hagmann, a seasoned investigator, told WND he was informed by multiple reliable law-enforcement sources familiar with the investigation into the incident that authorities recovered a "significant amount" of "jihad" materials, as well as Hinrichs' computer.

Hagmann also said those same sources indicated police and federal agents "had pulled additional explosives from [Hinrichs'] house," including triacetone triperoxide, or TATP, "homemade explosive [that is] very potent but relatively easily manufactured."

TATP was also used in the July mass transit bombings in London, CNN reported, and was used by attempted bomber Richard Reid, who packed his shoes with the compound in an unsuccessful attempt to destroy a U.S.-bound American Airlines flight in December 2001.

The confiscated jihad documents "referenced bomb-making manuals and that type of thing," Hagmann said, who added Hinrichs' apartment in Norman, Okla., is "located near the Islamic Society." ...

(Snip)

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46640

Here's more.

Sources Identify TATP As Component Of Bomb
TATP Same Component Used By Infamous Shoe Bomber

POSTED: 9:56 pm CDT October 4, 2005
UPDATED: 10:11 pm CDT October 4, 2005

NORMAN, Okla. -- Sources confirmed Tuesday night that at least one of the components in the bomb used by Joel Henry Hinrichs III Saturday night was a product called TATP.

Technically, TATP is triacetone triperoxide. However, it's called the 'Mother of Satan' by Islamist extremists. Experts say it is made by mixing common household items such as drain cleaner and bleach to create a white powder with a strong smell.

It's so volatile that it can explode even if it's merely dropped. It can even explode spontaneously, experts say

(Snip)

http://www.channeloklahoma.com/news/5058347/detail.html

Last edited:

Missouri Mule said:
Not enough apparently. Bin Laden and Zarqawi are still on the loose after four years. I believe if we had a maddog killer on the loose in the U.S. that we would have had the good sense to have turned in the cold blooded murderer by now. Don't you?

(cough cough) Anthrax killers?

peace

Last edited:
Re: Developing story

Missouri Mule said:
Maybe has legs; maybe not. I've been following this story on another web site and it is gathering some steam. Now reported on local television. Make of it what you will.

Note: The suicide bombing is a fact. Whether or not he was tied in anyway with Islamic terrorists is yet to be determined. A "trial run?" Perhaps.

On a related note, I see that President Jacques Chirac has informed the Turks they will have to clean up their "cultural" problem (meaning Islamic fundamentalism) before they will be admitted to the EU in about 15 years. Odd, that the French who have been so opposed to U.S. policy seem to "get it" while Americans are blind to this danger. 70% of French citizens are opposed to Turkish entry to the EU.
=======================
Oklahoma bomber
had jihad material
Documents found in apartment of student who blew himself up
Posted: October 4, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Jon Dougherty
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

An Oklahoma University student who killed himself by detonating a bomb strapped to his body outside a packed stadium over the weekend was a "suicide bomber" in possession of "Islamic jihad" materials, according to a new report.

Joel Henry Hinrichs III, 21, an engineering major at the school blew himself up outside OU's football stadium during Saturday night's game against Kansas State. Doug Hagmann, a seasoned investigator, told WND he was informed by multiple reliable law-enforcement sources familiar with the investigation into the incident that authorities recovered a "significant amount" of "jihad" materials, as well as Hinrichs' computer.

Hagmann also said those same sources indicated police and federal agents "had pulled additional explosives from [Hinrichs'] house," including triacetone triperoxide, or TATP, "homemade explosive [that is] very potent but relatively easily manufactured."

TATP was also used in the July mass transit bombings in London, CNN reported, and was used by attempted bomber Richard Reid, who packed his shoes with the compound in an unsuccessful attempt to destroy a U.S.-bound American Airlines flight in December 2001.

The confiscated jihad documents "referenced bomb-making manuals and that type of thing," Hagmann said, who added Hinrichs' apartment in Norman, Okla., is "located near the Islamic Society." ...

(Snip)

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46640

Here's more.

Sources Identify TATP As Component Of Bomb
TATP Same Component Used By Infamous Shoe Bomber

POSTED: 9:56 pm CDT October 4, 2005
UPDATED: 10:11 pm CDT October 4, 2005

NORMAN, Okla. -- Sources confirmed Tuesday night that at least one of the components in the bomb used by Joel Henry Hinrichs III Saturday night was a product called TATP.

Technically, TATP is triacetone triperoxide. However, it's called the 'Mother of Satan' by Islamist extremists. Experts say it is made by mixing common household items such as drain cleaner and bleach to create a white powder with a strong smell.

It's so volatile that it can explode even if it's merely dropped. It can even explode spontaneously, experts say

(Snip)

http://www.channeloklahoma.com/news/5058347/detail.html

Turkey Islamic extremism?.....Turkey is a secular country which doesnt even let Islamic Political Parties run(which should make the EU happy)

peace

Surenderer said:
(cough cough) Anthrax killers?

peace

Do you know who he/they are/were? I don't. The "Unibomber" Ted Kyzinkski hid out in Montana for what - 18 years or so until his brother identified him.

By contrast, you can be sure that a large number of Muslim in Iraq and Pakistan could point to where bin Laden and Zarqawi are located.

The U.S. offered the Taliban a way out way back in 2001. Turn over bin Laden and they would be spared. They refused to do so, claiming he was a "guest" in their country. The CIA knows where bin Laden is but Pakistan keeps stalling around handing over a lower level operative every once in a while to keep us off their backs. If they gave the go-ahead, we could and would swoop in there and scoop up bin Laden. We could also carpet bomb that part of Pakistan to get him too and then send in our troops to clean up the mess. But Pakistan won't let us. The last time I looked it up, Pakistan was a Muslim country.

As I have repeatedly pointed out, words are cheap.....

Surenderer said:
Turkey Islamic extremism?.....Turkey is a secular country which doesnt even let Islamic Political Parties run(which should make the EU happy)

peace

It has been trending toward Islamic fundamentalism.

Missouri Mule said:
It seems plausible to me that a simple-minded "cause" presented by a demagogue will attract simpletons and borderline mental cases like moths to a flame. At least the Jonestown crowd and the poor fools who were waiting for the flying saucer behind the comet didn't insist that the rest of us join them in their folly. :roll:

But since they insist, they should know that
mommy_liberty.jpg

Al Qaeda Outraged Over Banning of NYC Freedom Center

What bin Laden says today.
=========================

Written by Jeremy Robb
Wednesday, October 05, 2005

NEW YORK, New York --- Al Qaeda expressed outrage today over the announcement that the "Freedom Center" would no longer be built at Ground Zero. Governor Pataki decided that the center was too controversial and had it removed from the plans. Designed by liberal advocates, The Freedom Center would have been a central display at Ground Zero showing how Americans embrace racism, sexism, discrimination, and intolerance.

"We are very disappointed," said Osama bin Laden from his spider hole in the sewers along the Pakistan border. "We murdered thousands of people, and these Americans were going to be kind enough to honor our extermination of infidels by making the site a central display showing how much Americans should be hated and killed.
We plan to file a lawsuit with John Edwards in order to reverse this tragedy and keep the Freedom Center."

Cindy Sheehan boarded a flight to NYC upon hearing the news so that she could be there to get attention from the press and protest the decision...

(snip)

http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=17148

Missouri Mule said:
Do you know who he/they are/were? I don't. The "Unibomber" Ted Kyzinkski hid out in Montana for what - 18 years or so until his brother identified him.

By contrast, you can be sure that a large number of Muslim in Iraq and Pakistan could point to where bin Laden and Zarqawi are located.

The U.S. offered the Taliban a way out way back in 2001. Turn over bin Laden and they would be spared. They refused to do so, claiming he was a "guest" in their country. The CIA knows where bin Laden is but Pakistan keeps stalling around handing over a lower level operative every once in a while to keep us off their backs. If they gave the go-ahead, we could and would swoop in there and scoop up bin Laden. We could also carpet bomb that part of Pakistan to get him too and then send in our troops to clean up the mess. But Pakistan won't let us. The last time I looked it up, Pakistan was a Muslim country.

As I have repeatedly pointed out, words are cheap.....

Not true bro sorry.........the Taliban 1st said that all the U.S. had to do was show evidence that O.B.L was behind the attacks and he would be turned over(which the U.S. refused to do) then they said they would turn him over to a 3rd country to be tried (which the U.S. refused) then they said they would turn him over to the U.S. (which the U.S. said it was too late)....And quit your sabre rattling the U.S. will never bomb a country with nukes (Pakisitan)......bringing N Korea to the negotiation table is proof of this....but instead of spamming lies and half-truths please tell me how you know that Pakisitian (our ally remember?) knows where O.B.L is and that they are hiding him from the CIA......but you are right though....Words are cheap;)

Do you know who he/they are/were? I don't.

No I dont but I do know they came from a Goverment lab....You are quick to say that alot of Muslims know where O.B.L. but sure are quiet on this conspiracy....I wonder why:doh

http://dr.webservicehosts.com/r.php...lcy9uZXdzbmlnaHQvYXJjaGl2ZS8xODczMzY4LnN0bQ==

peace

Re: Al Qaeda Outraged Over Banning of NYC Freedom Center

Missouri Mule said:
What bin Laden says today.
=========================

Written by Jeremy Robb
Wednesday, October 05, 2005

NEW YORK, New York --- Al Qaeda expressed outrage today over the announcement that the "Freedom Center" would no longer be built at Ground Zero. Governor Pataki decided that the center was too controversial and had it removed from the plans. Designed by liberal advocates, The Freedom Center would have been a central display at Ground Zero showing how Americans embrace racism, sexism, discrimination, and intolerance.

"We are very disappointed," said Osama bin Laden from his spider hole in the sewers along the Pakistan border. "We murdered thousands of people, and these Americans were going to be kind enough to honor our extermination of infidels by making the site a central display showing how much Americans should be hated and killed.
We plan to file a lawsuit with John Edwards in order to reverse this tragedy and keep the Freedom Center."

Cindy Sheehan boarded a flight to NYC upon hearing the news so that she could be there to get attention from the press and protest the decision...

(snip)

http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=17148

Perhaps you should ask the author of the snip where O.B.L is since he seems to know what O.B.L is saying from his spiderhole......the fact that he said that makes his article nule and void......If I want to read someones opinons that present them as truth then I will listen to you :lol:

peace

Missouri Mule said:
It has been trending toward Islamic fundamentalism.

Again Not true.....well at least no more than America is moving towards fundamentalism

peace

Back
Top Bottom