• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should Muslims be permitted to enter the United States

Should Muslims be permitted within the United States?

• Yes

Votes: 82 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pakistani girl loses nose, lips for seeking divorce

skabanger13 said:
who is it that makes sure we stay PC THE ACLU, destroying our country from the inside.

The truth is that the ACLU is the defacto agent for bin Laden and other terrorists. It has its roots in the early Communist movement and has just transferred its support to those who would kill us all. They don't give a damn about our lives.

In the ACLU's eyes, it is far better that a million Americans die a horrible death by a WMD than we question obvious suspects about their terrorist sympathies. We are instead forced to frisk 80 year old grandmothers in wheel chairs while the Abduls, Mohammads and Khalids are waved right through the turnstiles lest we offend their feelings. That's the reality of today's political correctness. It is also a prescription for national suicide.

Out of curiosity, how exactly would one tell whether someone is a muslim at the border? Or are we talking about those who are ethnically arab?

If muslims shouldn't be allowed in the country does that mean the millions of muslims with US citizenship should be stripped of thier citizenship and deported? How does this fit with freedom of religion?

Just curious.

Also, is destruction of the US part of the ACLU's charter, I don't remember seeing it there.

TechDad said:
Out of curiosity, how exactly would one tell whether someone is a muslim at the border? Or are we talking about those who are ethnically arab?

Ethnically arab. Because the fact is there is a lot better odds that he's a terrorist as oppsed to my 85 year old grandmother. I don't think all arabs or muslims are terrorist. Biut until you can figure out a way to tel the difference better to be safe. But certain groups within this country will fight to allow mohamad entry at the possible expense of American lives. Seems like a hell of a trade off.

TechDad said:
If muslims shouldn't be allowed in the country does that mean the millions of muslims with US citizenship should be stripped of thier citizenship and deported? How does this fit with freedom of religion?

American Citizens are American citizens. I think the thread is adressing the immigrants and visitors to this country

TechDad said:
Also, is destruction of the US part of the ACLU's charter, I don't remember seeing it there.

Nope. It's just an unwritten goal...

TechDad said:
Just curious.

for god sake they support freaking nambla, north American man boy love association, tell me theirs not something wrong with them when they support a group of people that believes it is ok to sleep with young boys. but thats the ACLU for you

Ok, so ethnically arab visitors to the US should be turned back at the border. I understand your sentiment but disagree with it. How will "ethnicity" be determined? Are you talking the passport that the person carries? Just thier look?

The fact is that such an action will not protect the US from attacks. There are too many way to get into the US that would circumvent this. On the other hand isolating ourselves from the muslim world will not do anything to build relationships and connections that can contribute to real intelligence that could actually prevent an attack and perhaps even contribute to improved relations and perception of the US abroad.

In short a banning of ethnic arabs (aside from being unfeasable) gives only a false security and at the same time works against long term US interests.

skabanger13 said:
for god sake they support freaking nambla, north American man boy love association, tell me theirs not something wrong with them when they support a group of people that believes it is ok to sleep with young boys. but thats the ACLU for you

The ACLU doesn't support NAMBLA they support their right to exist.

TechDad said:
Ok, so ethnically arab visitors to the US should be turned back at the border. I understand your sentiment but disagree with it. How will "ethnicity" be determined? Are you talking the passport that the person carries? Just thier look?

The fact is that such an action will not protect the US from attacks. There are too many way to get into the US that would circumvent this. On the other hand isolating ourselves from the muslim world will not do anything to build relationships and connections that can contribute to real intelligence that could actually prevent an attack and perhaps even contribute to improved relations and perception of the US abroad.

In short a banning of ethnic arabs (aside from being unfeasable) gives only a false security and at the same time works against long term US interests.

So if you can't stop al of them don't try? Apperance, passport, background. Lets vet some of these people based on criteria from terrorist attacks over the last 10 years. Find a base line and work from there. I have no problem with vetting people entering my country, specially if they are determined to be high or higher risk. Is it 100%, of course not. But because it isn't is a good enough reason to do nothing?

Interests........ The only ways to satisfy the people your talking about is to appease them or die. The ME is a **** hole. And it was a shithole way before we got there. What is unfeable is the idea that if your nice to them they will be nice to you.. Thats a great plan, but while your being nice to them they will be killing people throughout the world. They will be strapping bombs to there chest, leaving backpacks in trains and flying planes into buildings.

Gandhi>Bush said:

Why should they have the right to exsist?

I think they go way beyond the scope, as do mosques that preach and plan the death and or overthrow of our citizens and there country. But if and when, I have no don't the ACLU will defend the right to be also.

skabanger13 said:

What you are doing here is engaging in a straw argument.

As a rhetorical term, "straw man" describes a point of view that was created in order to be easily defeated in argument; the creator of a "straw man" argument does not accurately reflect the best arguments of his or her opponents, but instead sidesteps or mischaracterizes them so as to make the opposing view appear weak or ridiculous.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man_argument

As has been mentioned, they are supporting the right of an organization that doesn't advocate the breaking of any law to exist, not promoting the views of that organization. To go from this to "the ACLU wants to destroy the US" is a big jump and the argument doesn't support the conclusion.

This isn't to say that you can't be opposed to the ACLU. It is perfectly fair to say that nambla goes too far for any organization to support. But to carry that over to say that the ACLU wants to destroy the US is simply intellectually dishonest.

Gandhi>Bush said:

ha nambla's right to exist, thay should all be locked up.

skabanger13 said:
ha nambla's right to exist, thay should all be locked up.

For what? Having an organization? That's not against the law. Maybe we should lock them up for thinking bad thoughts too.:roll:

TechDad said:
What you are doing here is engaging in a straw argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man_argument

As has been mentioned, they are supporting the right of an organization that doesn't advocate the breaking of any law to exist, not promoting the views of that organization. To go from this to "the ACLU wants to destroy the US" is a big jump and the argument doesn't support the conclusion.

This isn't to say that you can't be opposed to the ACLU. It is perfectly fair to say that nambla goes too far for any organization to support. But to carry that over to say that the ACLU wants to destroy the US is simply intellectually dishonest.

A man with a boy isn't against the law? Thought that was called pedophillia? It's not ilegal whats going on inside these mosques either. But thats were the plans and recuiting are being made to kill americans. And yet they are or would be defended by the same group.

This country if it ever falls isn't going to fall all at once. It is going to be chipped away, eroded and corrodided from within. I think that's the comparison thats being made here.

Kelzie said:
For what? Having an organization? That's not against the law. Maybe we should lock them up for thinking bad thoughts too.:roll:
Or advocating an unhealthy relationship with boys.. But hey thats just my opinion.

Unless you want to classify them as a hate group then they get awhole different set of rights

Last edited:
Kelzie said:

The ACLU has supported in court members of NAMBLA who have been CAUGHT in situations involving pedophilia,
It is also a proven fact that alot of the members of nambla HAVE engaged in situations with young boys.
An organization of baby rapers should not be allowed to exist, it SHOULD be against the law.

skabanger13 said:
The ACLU has supported in court members of NAMBLA who have been CAUGHT in situations involving pedophilia,
It is also a proven fact that alot of the members of nambla HAVE engaged in situations with young boys.
An organization of baby rapers should not be allowed to exist, it SHOULD be against the law.

AND i would just like to add that I think if people get off on THOUGHTS of little boys they SHOULD be thrown in jail..

skabanger13 said:
AND i would just like to add that I think if people get off on THOUGHTS of little boys they SHOULD be thrown in jail..

Yeah well I believe people that eat meat should be thrown in jail. :roll:

Get real. That sounds like any one of a number of a scary books. 1984 anyone?

And the ACLU was NOT defending illegal actions. They were defending the organization's right to exist. Coincedentely, NAMBLA is trying to get the law changed through legal channels. I can't see them having much luck, but the group does not encourage it's members to have sex with boys until it's legal.

I would be equally disappointed in the ACLU if they were to take a case for the KKK, but that's just my opinion.

This thread is about Muslims though, and no, "Muslims" should not be denied access, as they come in many different races, and spotting an extremist Muslim would be very difficult. Now if you ask me about allowing a Saudi Arabian, I may have to consider that carefully, maybe even use their system, only allowing those invited.;)

Kelzie said:

And the ACLU was NOT defending illegal actions. They were defending the organization's right to exist. Coincedentely, NAMBLA is trying to get the law changed through legal channels. I can't see them having much luck, but the group does not encourage it's members to have sex with boys until it's legal.

Eating meat isn't illegal. ****ing a young boy is ..... And I have no doubt the ACLU will help them as much as they can to get the law changed, so they can sodimize any boy anywhere..

Kelzie said:

first off what do you thank animals are for to be our friends, to look at? ther hear for us to kill and eat and make clothes.

http://216.220.97.17/
Heres a little look into what NAMBLA stands for, their official website

http://www.nationalreview.com/murdock/murdock200402270920.asp
And here is the case the ACLU is representing NAMBLA on

Tell me there isnt something wrong with this organization

TechDad said:

Just curious.

They wouldn't be stripped of their citizenship. However, common sense would dictate that if we are to look to anyone who happens to be here legally who might be involved in terrorism it would follow that naturalized Muslims would have to be high on the list of "usual suspects." Native born Muslims could not be deported anyway.

The predominent number of people under suspicion would logically be from Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran and Pakistan. Pakistan, especially since that is where Osama bin Laden is located and where he has sanctuary. Saudi Arabia because the official religion of Saudi Arabia is Whabbism, the extreme form of Islam that spawned most of the 9/11 hijackers. It is unfortunate that it has come to this but common sense dictates that we do this as a matter of national survivial.

It really doesn't matter what the charter of the ACLU is. Judge them by their actions. They are one of the prime movers of the destruction of our way of life. I would respect them more if they would just come out and make a formal declaration of their intentions rather than hiding under the euphamisms they espouse. All real Americans know what they are about. It is as obvious as the noses on our faces.

Calm2Chaos said:
Eating meat isn't illegal. ****ing a young boy is ..... And I have no doubt the ACLU will help them as much as they can to get the law changed, so they can sodimize any boy anywhere..

:roll: I was joking. I'd be pretty lonely if all the meat eaters were in jail. My point was you can't jail someone cause they think differently than you.

skabanger13 said:
first off what do you thank animals are for to be our friends, to look at? ther hear for us to kill and eat and make clothes.

http://216.220.97.17/
Heres a little look into what NAMBLA stands for, their official website

http://www.nationalreview.com/murdock/murdock200402270920.asp
And here is the case the ACLU is representing NAMBLA on

Tell me there isnt something wrong with this organization

It was an EXAMPLE! Do you think I was serious?

From NAMBLA's website:

"NAMBLA does not engage in any activities that violate the law, nor do we advocate that anyone else should do so."

Right there for anyone to see. Too bad. Now that they don't violate laws, are you going to make one up for them to violate?

Missouri Mule said:
Unless we put into place a rigorous immigration program that could catch all the possible terrorists coming from Islamic countries we are just lining up in our own circular firing squad in the interest of "political correctness."
It never stops does it? Post after post after post demanding that America abandon our Constitution and way of life in order to preserve our way of life! What a pathetic concept. Of course the whole idea that we are unable to protect our freedoms without depriving ourselves of them is ignorance squared.

Here's a link to a post that I wrote yesterday addressing the immigration issue when Mule wrote that Muslims were "flooding" into the USA.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=94827&postcount=1469

Please note how few Muslims actually immigrated into the USA in 2003. The words written by Mule are anti-American and most definitely anti-Constitutional. Fear and scare tactics are being used to justify Xenophobia and bigotry. Read his words written yesterday about the Muslim religion:
Originally Posted by Missouri Mule
I would rather take in a million Mexicans than to let in another Muslim and their demented religion.
Pretty darn clear as to the objectivity of those words, you know? Modus operandi for Mule seems to be to write outlandish bigoted comments about Muslims and when the meaning of his words are discussed and exposed the very next post appears to backpedal and suggest that his words were not meant to condemn the more than 1 billion Muslims on this planet. However, it does not take a Jethro (6th grade educated brain) to read these words and know that they are bigoted words that clearly expose one's true beliefs.
Originally Posted by Missouri Mule
I would rather take in a million Mexicans than to let in another Muslim and their demented religion.
Do you know what demented means:
demented

Mentally ill; insane.

adj. Yet another term of disgust used to describe a
malfunctioning program. The connotation in this case is that the
program works as designed, but the design is bad

So Mule clearly wrote that Muslims are insane and that they're entire religion is malfunctioning and that Muslims, by design, are bad.

This is very, very hate-filled and of course ridiculous. To condemn more than 1 billion people for the actions of a few is totally UNAMERICAN and very wrong, IMHO. Mule writes these same words in post after post after post, in all types of ways but at the end of the day there is a common denominator too, namely words that are expressing true and deep hate for anything and everyone Muslim.
Missouri Mule said:
I am proposing that we cut off the further immigration of Muslim immigration to this country until they clean up their act
Ah yes, so Constitutional, so legal, so wise, so well thought out. The perfect solution! This type of thinking can lead to "ethnic cleansing" if it is allowed to fester.

Fortunately the words written by Mule are reserved for a very tiny minority of UNAMERICAN extremists AND will never, ever be implemented. We will all be losers if we abandon the principles that this country was founded on and that we have fought so hard to preserve throughout our history.

Missouri Mule said:
In the ACLU's eyes, it is far better that a million Americans die a horrible death by a WMD than we question obvious suspects about their terrorist sympathies.
Oh really Mule? Written words as stupid as these written words clearly and without a doubt clarify the level of intelligence that fear mongers have achieved. Amazing!
Missouri Mule said:
We are instead forced to frisk 80 year old grandmothers in wheel chairs while the Abduls, Mohammads and Khalids are waved right through the turnstiles lest we offend their feelings. That's the reality of today's political correctness. It is also a prescription for national suicide.
Reread the words that are in bold. Note the incredible bigotry of those words. Imagine writing "the Levis, Cohens and Goldbergs...."

Wow! I'm just stunned to read that people in this country are so bigoted and filled with lustful hate for people they don't know.

Here's a really simple question. Do you think that Muslim parents love their children less than Christian parents?

It is very important that people who preach bigotry and hate are called out for their disgusting point of view. I for one will do my part whenever possible, and I hope that other members of this fine community will not tolerate prejudice and hatred and bigotry and not support the call be some to change our Constitution in a way that destroys the essence of American life.

good security would check everyone including grandmothers. WHy? somjething may be accidently concealed in them. And trust me, the CIA/FBI, if they are doing they're job right, are profiling at every instance. We just don't see it happening. Words of my dad's boss (worked for Israel's mossad for 25 years): the best security is the one no one can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom