• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should Muslims be permitted to enter the United States

Should Muslims be permitted within the United States?

• Yes

Votes: 82 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
TimmyBoy said:
Over 75% of the world's population is Muslim. So, statistically speaking more terrorists will also happen to be Muslim. Doesn't mean that the religion is "evil" or "bad." If you ever took the time to study Islam, I think you would find it is actually not a bad religion at all.

Umm no offense but where the hell do you get your statistics? The largest religion in the world is Christianity so how exactly could muslims account for 75% of the worlds population? I'll grant you Islam is the fastest growing religion, however, Christians are still in the majority. Oh and if you actually studied Islam (which you obviously haven't) you may not like what you find I'll find some quotes directly out of the Koran.

Christain/Muslim
1900 world population 26.9% 12.4%
1980 world population 30% 16.5%
2000 world population 29.9% 19.2%
2025 world population (PROJECTED) 25% 30%

Last edited:
kal-el said:
I think that if we restrict Muslims from entering the US, then they'll be more terrorist attacks, because we are being ignorant. Ignorance fuels hatred. They will hate us like never before.
Ummmm... This discussion originates with the events of 9/11. As of that morning, an airline had to pay a fine (for discrimination) if more than two Arabic-looking passengers were detained for further questioning by the security screeners. And at that time, we did not discriminate against Muslims when it came to immigration. What lessons do YOU think we should have learned from that morning?

IMO, if they "hate us like never before" that is a good thing - perhaps their hatred will overcome caution and we can kill them before they kill more of us. It is pointless to negotiate with a viper.

Diogenes said:
Ummmm... This discussion originates with the events of 9/11. As of that morning, an airline had to pay a fine (for discrimination) if more than two Arabic-looking passengers were detained for further questioning by the security screeners. And at that time, we did not discriminate against Muslims when it came to immigration. What lessons do YOU think we should have learned from that morning?

IMO, we shouldn't have taken any warnings lightly. Bush was told by his intelligence that Bin Laden threatened to strike the US. Well, usingplanes as missiles is another story altogether. We shouldn't have discounted "Able Danger" either.

IMO, if they "hate us like never before" that is a good thing - perhaps their hatred will overcome caution and we can kill them before they kill more of us. It is pointless to negotiate with a viper.

Good thing? Do you wantmore 9/11's to happen? No one's talking about negotiation here.

TimmyBoy said:
Alot of poverty and injustice exists in the Middle East and so their is a surplus of terrorist from that area. I don't think the religion is the problem so much as social, political and economic circumstances.

Make no mistake about their religion. In the decaying Arab world, Islam is the problem—because of the way bitter old men interpret and deform its more humane precepts while embracing its cruelest injunctions. Baghdad fell, to the collective shame of those Islamists in power who prefer homegrown despots to Western-inspired democracy. The Islamist revenge is to slaughter their civilians. Millions of Muslims find such atrocities inspiring. Millions more view such cruelty as just. This is Islam in the Middle East. The Muslim majority are powerless to do anything but act as victim to their own leadership, as they listen to cleric sanctioned hate speech, which blames all of their troubles on America. The House of Saud are to blame for all of the religious perversion that has run amok in the Middle East and are guilty of every murder inflicted by Islamist extremists. These crimes are not just simply the act of a cluster of terrorists, but a reflection of the failure of the entire Middle Eastern Islamist world.

For all of their Muslim rantings, the terrorists of Al-Qaeda and its affiliates have returned to pre-Islamic practices, to behaviors that Moses, Christ and Mohammed uniformly rejected: They practice human sacrifice. The grisly decapitations caught on film and the explosives-laden cars driven into crowds, skyjacked commercial airplanes, the bombings of schools and the execution of kidnapped women are not sanctioned by a single passage in the Koran. Their ceremonious message is clear in their videotaped beheadings. The sermon always precedes the sacrifice. Then the human calf, shivering with terror, has his throat slit by the 'priest.' We might be watching a ceremony from 4,000 years ago. The attack on 9/11 was not a political act. It was a religious act, but it wasn't Islamic. This is a perversion and a blasphemy. The Koran forbids the murder of innocents (as well as the taking of hostages and the abuse of prisoners). The 9/11 attacks were cult behavior from the dawn of civilization, employing modern tools.

Muslim clerics do not stand and point fingers at the viciousness of their own world. They are silent until America fights back. It is they that have been the cause and the root of the hate that is spewing out of the Middle East. For every rent-a-cleric the House of Saud pushes in front of a microphone, there is another one somewhere else that remains silent. When an entire civilization embraces such butchers, both the civilization and the religion are in trouble. When the rest of the world chooses to tolerate such behavior rather than face it, they are doomed to be consumed by it.

This.... is the foundation of their terrorism and this is the real enemy.

kal-el said:
I think that if we restrict Muslims from entering the US, then they'll be more terrorist attacks, because we are being ignorant. Ignorance fuels hatred. They will hate us like never before.

No if we bloack all entrance to Muslims and shut dow the mexican border there will be prolly very few attacks. However, I still think its wrong casue amidst this threat we must be a fair and equal nation. Its not right to seclude a person casue of their religion thats what this country was founded upon in the first place was freedom of religion. And to extrapulate all muslims then that would make the founding fathers role in their grave.

SKILMATIC said:
No if we bloack all entrance to Muslims and shut dow the mexican border there will be prolly very few attacks. However, I still think its wrong casue amidst this threat we must be a fair and equal nation. Its not right to seclude a person casue of their religion thats what this country was founded upon in the first place was freedom of religion. And to extrapulate all muslims then that would make the founding fathers role in their grave.

I think they are already roling in their graves...or spinning like tops down there.:lol:

kal-el said:
I think they are already roling in their graves...or spinning like tops down there.:lol:

Your right they are. And its becasue Oj got off murda and the ACLU. :lol:

GySgt said:
Muslim clerics do not stand and point fingers at the viciousness of their own world. They are silent until America fights back. It is they that have been the cause and the root of the hate that is spewing out of the Middle East. For every rent-a-cleric the House of Saud pushes in front of a microphone, there is another one somewhere else that remains silent. When an entire civilization embraces such butchers, both the civilization and the religion are in trouble. When the rest of the world chooses to tolerate such behavior rather than face it, they are doomed to be consumed by it.
That is very well said indeed.
:applaud :applaud :applaud

SKILMATIC said:
Your right they are. And its becasue Oj got off murda and the ACLU. :lol:

True,and I'm sure its also because Bush has no regard for our civil libeerties and rights, not to mention, for human life. But yea, you know what they say, "If the glove don't fit, aquit!":smile:

GySgt said:

This.... is the foundation of their terrorism and this is the real enemy.

When some maniac runs into an abortion clinic with a bomb, do you expect every single Christian priest and pastor to denounce it the media? No. Besides, how do you know that they don't denounce acts of terror to their own congregation in the mosque? Doing that would be far more important/useful than stating the obvious on CNN.

kal-el said:

If you keep a roving ax murderer out of your house because he wants to kill you and your family does he hate you less? Fences make good neighbors. Keep them out. Muslims have established that they are composed of savages, maniacs, fanatics and those opposed to modern civilization. Not every one but like a cancer cell it only takes one to kill you eventually.

We should keep them out unless they are so carefully screened that the number falls to a trickle. And if any here so much as raise a suspicion or mouth off, out they go. They won't be missed.

I usually cut people a lot of slack before I turn completely against a particular group of people. With Muslims it is a different story. With Muslims I put them in the same category as the Nazis of WWII and other mass murderers throughout history. I'm sure there were some "good" Nazis then that meant well. In fact most felt they were doing good for the world by murdering all the Jews in the world. In the eyes of many Muslims, we, here in the U.S., are the new "Jews."

Let NYC be vaporized by a nuclear bomb and this poll will reverse overnight.

BTW, the total number of Muslims in the world has usually be fixed at about 1.2 billion. Many estimates are lower than that. It would be far better for civilized mankind if the number was 0. The truth is that Islam contributes absolutely nothing to civilization. Nothing, nada, zero. That's a pitiful legacy for a "religion."

"We love death. The Americans love life. That is the difference between us.
" ... Bin Laden

vergiss said:
When some maniac runs into an abortion clinic with a bomb, do you expect every single Christian priest and pastor to denounce it the media? No. Besides, how do you know that they don't denounce acts of terror to their own congregation in the mosque? Doing that would be far more important/useful than stating the obvious on CNN.

Abortion clinic bombers don't have millions and millions of cheerleaders and they don't have preachers offering them virgins for their murder or paying off their family members for their son's and husbands "mrtyrdom."

Diogenes said:
Whom do you want to kill exactly? All the Muslims in the USA? In the world? Exactly who are you targeting for your death squads?

I can't understand the ignorance of certain posts in this community. For any American to want to aggressively kill and wipe out an entire religion is mind-boggling!

So who do you want to kill?

26 X World Champs said:
Whom do you want to kill exactly? All the Muslims in the USA? In the world? Exactly who are you targeting for your death squads?

I can't understand the ignorance of certain posts in this community. For any American to want to aggressively kill and wipe out an entire religion is mind-boggling!

i cant be sure but i believe he is referring to terrorists. what you don't thank we should kill the terrorists before they kill us?

Missouri Mule said:
Keep them out. Muslims have established that they are composed of savages, maniacs, fanatics and those opposed to modern civilization. Not every one but like a cancer cell it only takes one to kill you eventually.

We should keep them out unless they are so carefully screened that the number falls to a trickle. And if any here so much as raise a suspicion or mouth off, out they go. They won't be missed.
Let's read this post carefully, shall we? I think it is iobvious that the words in this post are filled with hatred, racism and bigotry, not to mention world-class ignorance. Do you notice that the poster has written it in a way that condemns almost every Mulsim in the world. In effect, IMHO, this poster is calling almost all Mulims terrorists and murders. Read the hatred above a couple of times and each time you read it will become more and more obvious how bigoted those words are. What does that say about the author? I will leave it to you all to draw your own conclusions.
Missouri Mule said:
BTW, the total number of Muslims in the world has usually be fixed at about 1.2 billion. Many estimates are lower than that. It would be far better for civilized mankind if the number was 0. The truth is that Islam contributes absolutely nothing to civilization. Nothing, nada, zero. That's a pitiful legacy for a "religion."

In this paragraph the author removes any doubt where he stands! How many of you would write this about Muslims or any group of people?

It would be far better for civilized mankind if the number was 0.

Well Missouri Mule wrote the above. He means it too. If you read his posts just in this thread you will see post after post after post where he chooses words that are filled with hate for ALL Muslims. Now he's calling for their eradication. He wrote that the world would be better off if every single Muslim were erased from this planet, killed. What kind of person, especially an American would ever call for the wiping out more than 1 billion human beings? Read it again if you're not convinced that Mule wrote that he wants every Muslim killed.

To me, there is nothing less American or for that matter intelligent than calling for genocide. Yes, genocide. When someone writes that he wants the Muslim population reduced to zero that is pathetic, sick, evil, demented, crazy, insane and every bit as awful as terrorists calling for "death to all infidels." It's the same thing. The same hate and prejudice.

I condemn anyone who believes that wiping out a billion plus people is acceptable. In all my time on this message board the preference written by Mule to erase all Muslims is the most horrific thing I've ever read.

If the rules on this message board were different I wouldn't *****-foot around and I would write exactly what I think of anyone who would write this $hit. Let's just leave it that without my writing the exact words you know what I mean, right?

If you don't then read this post a couple more times.

Last edited:
26 X World Champs said:

It's not just a matter of killing. It's matter of identifying the sponsers and eliminating them. (in which the military has been largely ignored since the mid 80's.) It's a matter of winning hearts and minds in locations where people have been taught that we are the "great Satan." It's about dealing with the problem once and for all instead of appeasing it like we are still doing.

It's too bad our civilians and politicians have refused to listen to their military for so long. A lot of things wouldn't have happened.

The majority of Muslims live in Indonesia and India. We have only had a problem with the Islamists in the Middle East. Call it racism, call it bigotry, call what ever you want, but if the Islamists in the Middle East just disapeared, the world would be better off. This is a fact. They offer nothing to society and they don't even try to compete on any level. They are not interested in living peacfully. They can't even live peacefully with each other without slaughtering themselves over who believes in "Allah" more. Sadly, the millions and millions of cheerleaders of terrorism in the Middle East are legion. This is an Islamic regional problem. Not just the problem of a few rogues.

Last edited:
26 X World Champs said:

Diogenes said:

in this quote i said i believe he was referring to terrorists, and i was asking you if their was any thing wrong with killing terrorists before they kill us.

skabanger13 said:
in this quote i said i believe he was referring to terrorists, and i was asking you if their was any thing wrong with killing terrorists before they kill us.
Of course that makes sense IF you can really identify who and where they are. But if you can't then what?

Do you want to eliminate all Muslims from the USA and from Earth as Missouri Mule wrote that he does? Are you pro Muslim Genocide?

Missouri Mule said:
I know that this is controversial and "profiling" is considered to be politically incorrect but perhaps it is time to look at the elephant in the room that most people continue to ignore. Is it time to consider closing our borders, airports and other entry points to Muslims in particular? While not all Muslims are terrorists, virtually all terrorists are Muslims. Should we wait for the nuclear cloud or should we take action before that happens?

This is a hard issue because it involves punishing the many for the crimes of the few. :confused:

We need to be particular about who we allow into the country. Anybody who is even remotely associated with a terrorist, terrorist organization, or extremist Islamic/Muslim people or groups of any kind should be denied entry.

Do nothing governments like that of Canada need to be told to wake up. If Canada refuses to control the terrorists living within its borders then the American borders need to be closed to Canada.

The same can be said for Mexico.

We need to eliminate the terrorist presence in this hemisphere.

GySgt said:
It's not just a matter of killing. It's matter of identifying the sponsers and eliminating them. (in which the military has been largely ignored since the mid 80's.) It's a matter of winning hearts and minds in locations where people have been taught that we are the "great Satan." It's about dealing with the problem once and for all instead of appeasing it like we are still doing.

It's too bad our civilians and politicians have refused to listen to their military for so long. A lot of things wouldn't have happened.

The majority of Muslims live in Indonesia and India. We have only had a problem with the Islamists in the Middle East. Call it racism, call it bigotry, call what ever you want, but if the Islamists in the Middle East just disapeared, the world would be better off. This is a fact. They offer nothing to society and they don't even try to compete on any level. They are not interested in living peacfully. They can't even live peacefully with each other without slaughtering themselves over who believes in "Allah" more. Sadly, the millions and millions of cheerleaders of terrorism in the Middle East are legion. This is an Islamic regional problem. Not just the problem of a few rogues.

HOOORAHHH Gunny!

:2usflag:

26 X World Champs said:
Of course that makes sense IF you can really identify who and where they are. But if you can't then what?

Do you want to eliminate all Muslims from the USA and from Earth as Missouri Mule wrote that he does? Are you pro Muslim Genocide?

what he's saying is maybe they will get mad,their hatred for us will draw them out and they will disregard caution and show them self, the terrorists, for what they are and than we can take them out. if he was just saying lets kill all the Muslims, we could just go round them all up. but since you cant distinguish the radical Muslims from the rest you'd have to draw them out.

26 X World Champs said:
Let's read this post carefully, shall we? I think it is iobvious that the words in this post are filled with hatred, racism and bigotry, not to mention world-class ignorance. Do you notice that the poster has written it in a way that condemns almost every Mulsim in the world. In effect, IMHO, this poster is calling almost all Mulims terrorists and murders. Read the hatred above a couple of times and each time you read it will become more and more obvious how bigoted those words are. What does that say about the author? I will leave it to you all to draw your own conclusions.

In this paragraph the author removes any doubt where he stands! How many of you would write this about Muslims or any group of people?

It would be far better for civilized mankind if the number was 0.

Well Missouri Mule wrote the above. He means it too. If you read his posts just in this thread you will see post after post after post where he chooses words that are filled with hate for ALL Muslims. Now he's calling for their eradication. He wrote that the world would be better off if every single Muslim were erased from this planet, killed. What kind of person, especially an American would ever call for the wiping out more than 1 billion human beings? Read it again if you're not convinced that Mule wrote that he wants every Muslim killed.

To me, there is nothing less American or for that matter intelligent than calling for genocide. Yes, genocide. When someone writes that he wants the Muslim population reduced to zero that is pathetic, sick, evil, demented, crazy, insane and every bit as awful as terrorists calling for "death to all infidels." It's the same thing. The same hate and prejudice.

I condemn anyone who believes that wiping out a billion plus people is acceptable. In all my time on this message board the preference written by Mule to erase all Muslims is the most horrific thing I've ever read.

If the rules on this message board were different I wouldn't *****-foot around and I would write exactly what I think of anyone who would write this $hit. Let's just leave it that without my writing the exact words you know what I mean, right?

If you don't then read this post a couple more times.

I never asked for their erradication. I asked that they not be allowed to immigrate into the United States unless they are squeaky clean. At the current time, we have too many Mohammad Attas (the 9/11 ringleader) coming into the United States who have as their stated goal the destruction of our nation. If you hadn't been living on another planet, you would have heard of 9/11 and the 3,000 dead innocent souls who perished that date. Perhaps you weren't born then. I was born, but not yesterday as your screeds suggest you were.

When I said it would be preferable that there be zero Muslims I am stating that it would in fact be preferable to what we have right now. Had the mass murderer Mohammad never been born and promulgated his religion of hate the individuals today who are Muslims would not be embracing this religion of death. Instead they would be Christians, Hindus, whatever; perhaps athiests. What you took away from the meaning is your own. (I can't be responsible for what you infer.)

I never said nor suggested that they be erradicated. Just as I don't permit ax murderers into my house I don't want Muslims to come into this country because they are too risky to allow them in under our current laws.

It is not racism (because Islam embraces all races). It is not bigoted unless you believe self preservation is somehow evil. I don't hate all Muslims. I just don't trust them and in fact pity most Muslims who have been afflicted with this religion of death.

"We love death. The Americans love life. That is the difference between us.
" ... Bin Laden

26 X World Champs said:
Let's read this post carefully, shall we? I think it is iobvious that the words in this post are filled with hatred, racism and bigotry, not to mention world-class ignorance. Do you notice that the poster has written it in a way that condemns almost every Mulsim in the world. In effect, IMHO, this poster is calling almost all Mulims terrorists and murders. Read the hatred above a couple of times and each time you read it will become more and more obvious how bigoted those words are. What does that say about the author? I will leave it to you all to draw your own conclusions...

Oh, BTW, Let me congratulate you on making about a perfect strawman argument. Mischaracterize what the other person said so you can knock it down. You'd make a good politician. That's what they do all the time.

(I would have put this in my previous post but it is too late to edit my comments.) I thought other posters would like to know how to effectively learn this debating technique. You can learn at the feet of the "master" here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom