• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should Muslims be permitted to enter the United States

Should Muslims be permitted within the United States?

  • Yes

    Votes: 82 73.2%
  • No

    Votes: 18 16.1%
  • Maybe

    Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Undecided

    Votes: 4 3.6%

  • Total voters
    112
Status
Not open for further replies.

Missouri Mule

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
1,406
Reaction score
48
Location
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
I know that this is controversial and "profiling" is considered to be politically incorrect but perhaps it is time to look at the elephant in the room that most people continue to ignore. Is it time to consider closing our borders, airports and other entry points to Muslims in particular? While not all Muslims are terrorists, virtually all terrorists are Muslims. Should we wait for the nuclear cloud or should we take action before that happens?
 
Last edited:

Surenderer

Active member
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
469
Reaction score
0
Might wanna lock the doors when you see Timothy Mcvey and Terry Nichols and Eric Rudolph coming too



peace
 
Last edited:

CanadianGuy

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2005
Messages
217
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada eh!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
I sayed undecied as the is U.S. is in danger but really have to many muslim friends to say yes
 

Provita

New member
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
You dont shut out an entire type of people for some of their member's acts, thats discrimination, you just have security. That is what the U.S. is, a country with all types of people from all nations coming together in one big pot... or i think the newer saying is some type of salad... dont rememeber tho :mrgreen:
 

CanadianGuy

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2005
Messages
217
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada eh!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Provita said:
...That is what the U.S. is, a country with all types of people from all nations coming together in one big pot... or i think the newer saying is some type of salad... dont rememeber tho :mrgreen:
Canada is the melting pot U.S. is the salad just thought I'd clear that up lol
 

Provita

New member
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
yeah lol, the U.S. used to be the melting pot but they changed it, maybe canada wanted to be the melting pot... so we though of some food..... pizza would sound better to me, it contains all the food groups :mrgreen:

well.. except sweets
 

KevinWan

Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Location
Massachusetts
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I say yes. We should make security the priority over civil liberties of people who don't even live in this country. The terreorists who attacked us and want to attack us are Muslims. You could argue theres non-Muslim terrorists, but the vast majority who will attack us are Muslims. By not allowing Muslims in we can feel more secure at home, without sacrificing too much. Its either that or a suicide bomber in a major city in the U.S. At that point, WE would have to give up some civil liberties. I choose giving up the civil liberties of people who don't even live in this country rather than give up our own.
 

CanadianGuy

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2005
Messages
217
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada eh!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
KevinWan said:
I say yes. We should make security the priority over civil liberties of people who don't even live in this country. The terreorists who attacked us and want to attack us are Muslims. You could argue theres non-Muslim terrorists, but the vast majority who will attack us are Muslims. By not allowing Muslims in we can feel more secure at home, without sacrificing too much. Its either that or a suicide bomber in a major city in the U.S. At that point, WE would have to give up some civil liberties. I choose giving up the civil liberties of people who don't even live in this country rather than give up our own.
You know this means muslims living inside the U.S. too. If it weren't there would be major riots and I'm beting that the huge muslim population in Canada would march down on the U.S. and riot too. I should have said yes
 

CanadianGuy

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2005
Messages
217
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada eh!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
I think it would if you put only a few bacon bits in a sald which are small it tastes why better and deporting 5 million and some possibly being terrorists would really be a messy job. Also alot of European countries who apossed the war would become even more angry oh and Canada as well as american liberals.
*and I'm conservative so this is not a liberal view
 

Provita

New member
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Okay, picture the U.S. suddenly becomes a 3rd world country (obviously u must use ur imagination :mrgreen: ) and its near countries at war, and u want to leave that country for ur safety.... but because of idiots of ur race, u cant leave that country.... sucks huh?
 

LaMidRighter

Klattu Verata Nicto
DP Veteran
Joined
May 19, 2005
Messages
30,534
Reaction score
10,682
Location
Louisiana
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I went with maybe because I too have many muslim friends here, they are honest people who came here to get an education and are extremely nice, however, it's the not so nice one's that want to harm my fellow americans that make me not want to say yes absolutely. I think that because of the hightened risk of terror at the moment we should at least have a check to make sure that those entering the country aren't on FBI/CIA suspect lists and at most ask a few simple questions to better determine intent, if it is to settle here and make a better life for themselves or better their situation upon returning home I say great, I would deny no one a chance for happiness.
 

CanadianGuy

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2005
Messages
217
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada eh!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Provita said:
Okay, picture the U.S. suddenly becomes a 3rd world country (obviously u must use ur imagination :mrgreen: ) and its near countries at war, and u want to leave that country for ur safety.... but because of idiots of ur race, u cant leave that country.... sucks huh?
all of that I get except the last part. It's true though that many muslims come from 3rd world countries and are trying to find a better life. We would be taking that away from them and is that truly right and we really can't do that without casualties
 

Provita

New member
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
well said, although we should have done that even when security level is low.... hey LMR, i remember u from the "HI" section :mrgreen:

ANYONE FROM ANYWHERE should be allowed access to this country, unless they are a security risk, no matter their race
 

CanadianGuy

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2005
Messages
217
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada eh!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
LaMidRighter said:
I went with maybe because I too have many muslim friends here, they are honest people who came here to get an education and are extremely nice, however, it's the not so nice one's that want to harm my fellow americans that make me not want to say yes absolutely. I think that because of the hightened risk of terror at the moment we should at least have a check to make sure that those entering the country aren't on FBI/CIA suspect lists and at most ask a few simple questions to better determine intent, if it is to settle here and make a better life for themselves or better their situation upon returning home I say great, I would deny no one a chance for happiness.
we are completely on the same page :mrgreen:
 

Provita

New member
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
so who owns the book?
 

Gandhi>Bush

Non-Passive Pascifist
DP Veteran
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
2,742
Reaction score
0
Location
Mesquite, Texas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
We need to improve relationships with muslims, not shut them out of our society.
 

Provita

New member
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
i was joking.... they said they were on the same page... bah... forget it, lol
 

CanadianGuy

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2005
Messages
217
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada eh!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Provita said:
i was joking.... they said they were on the same page... bah... forget it, lol
sorry I just didn't really get it after you said it. :(
 

CanadianGuy

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2005
Messages
217
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada eh!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Gandhi>Bush said:
We need to improve relationships with muslims, not shut them out of our society.
Sorry but that will probably never happen.
 

Provita

New member
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
its okay lol, im not that funny :)
 

vmw

New member
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Conservative
Provita said:
You dont shut out an entire type of people for some of their member's acts, thats discrimination, you just have security. That is what the U.S. is, a country with all types of people from all nations coming together in one big pot... or i think the newer saying is some type of salad... dont rememeber tho :mrgreen:
I don't believe it's a matter a fairness but rather a matter of self preservation. If you know for a fact that there are muslims that are intent on killing you but can't identify which ones, then you have an obligation to minamize the threat by putting a a ban on any muslim coming into this country. We are at war after all. Maybe if we could come to a peaceful resolution to this conflict then we could reconsider.
 

CanadianGuy

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2005
Messages
217
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada eh!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
lol I knew you would say that. I have so many muslim friends they hate america more then just skin deep. It has been taught to them by their parents and it will be hard to make them stop hating even if they are not sure why it will take alot of time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom