• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should mask wearing be in our future for colds and the flu?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I was living in Japan in the 1950's where my father was stationed in the military. I often saw Japanese wearing masks and ask our maid why. She told me they did it because they had a cold and did not want to inflict it on others. THe Japanese then and now are very conscience of how their actions effect other citizens of Japan and still wear masks whenever they are sick. Maybe that is why they now have reduced the covid to something they can contend with while we are number one when it comes to this pandemic. Maybe instead of the constant whining about having to wear a mask we should not only accept it for this pandemic, but use them when we have a cold or the flu and intend to go out in public where we might spread it to other citizens. Something tells me that this will not be the last pandemic of this type we see in the coming years and it is time we start to take the actions we need not to have to go through the loss of the economy and lives we have during covid 19. We should not be forced to do this but do it as a citizen of this country. Just a thought.

I was living in Japan in the 1950's where my father was stationed in the military. I often saw Japanese wearing masks and ask our maid why. She told me they did it because they had a cold and did not want to inflict it on others. THe Japanese then and now are very conscience of how their actions effect other citizens of Japan and still wear masks whenever they are sick. Maybe that is why they now have reduced the covid to something they can contend with while we are number one when it comes to this pandemic. Maybe instead of the constant whining about having to wear a mask we should not only accept it for this pandemic, but use them when we have a cold or the flu and intend to go out in public where we might spread it to other citizens. Something tells me that this will not be the last pandemic of this type we see in the coming years and it is time we start to take the actions we need not to have to go through the loss of the economy and lives we have during covid 19. We should not be forced to do this but do it as a citizen of this country. Just a thought.

A "Christian" nation that acts unselfishly to protect others from illness? :lol: Thanks, I needed the laugh.

If the Democratic Party takes control people will be wearing masks forever, be injected with any drugs the government wants them injected with, and will be chipped with GPS tracking chips that have all personal information to scan to insure everyone is in compliance with all government edicts.

If the Democratic Party takes control people will be wearing masks forever, be injected with any drugs the government wants them injected with, and will be chipped with GPS tracking chips that have all personal information to scan to insure everyone is in compliance with all government edicts.

Oohh, scary! Maybe I can wrap my head in tinfoil to keep those government agents away from me.

Unfortunately, way too many Americans are more concerned with their own well being/life then to care about others. That attitude sometimes backfires in unexpected ways. Personally, I don't have any answers..just questions.

You're only worried about the safety of your fellow citizens sometimes?

Yes, I can't exactly wear a gun when I am wearing things like a swimsuit or a dress where it's not possible. Or if I go to a gun free zone, I do follow the laws. Do you have a gun on you 24/7?

Do you carry a firearm in public?

I am not sure why wearing a mask is the same as carrying? In any case, this is about worrying how our actions effect others. Is that so hard for you to understand. I know for some Trumpsters it is all about oneself and to hell with everyone else, but I am trying to reach those who actually care about their fellow citizens.

I am not sure why wearing a mask is the same as carrying? In any case, this is about worrying how our actions effect others. Is that so hard for you to understand. I know for some Trumpsters it is all about oneself and to hell with everyone else, but I am trying to reach those who actually care about their fellow citizens.

If you don't carry, you can't protect your fellow citizens. Why would you so willing to let your fellow citizens die?

If you don't carry, you can't protect your fellow citizens. Why would you so willing to let your fellow citizens die?

Carrying concealed is about protecting oneself. Having a CCW permit doesn't grant you law enforcement powers.

Wearing a mask is about protecting others.

Actually I was thinking of this quite recently to which I gave a thumbs up absolutely.

To all of those who are indulging in worshipping of the reefer it's time to "carry your own" till death do you part. Do your own joints and be happy.

Back
Top Bottom