• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should looting from stores be seen as reparations?

Should looting from stores be seen as reparations?

• Not reparations but the stores can afford it and thus justified

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Biden actually was reluctant to condemn the riots and supported the "defund the police" movement.

Biden is being controlled. It only appears that he is reluctant when he hasn't been instructed as what his opinion should be on any particular topic.

The rioters and looters need to be arrested and fully charged under Illinois legal code.

Illinois General Assembly - Illinois Compiled Statutes.

I would love though to understand how Ms. Atkins arrived at such a sorely flawed set of notions about looting.

Fortunately she does not represent all of the BLM movement but she certainly is tainting all of the BLM movement with such wrong headed notions.

If Biden is to defeat Trump, he needs to be jesus christ.

Nah.

Biden just needs to not be a minion of Lucifer, like Donny, to win.

That isn't at all hard.

To some BLM members, looting is justified as reparations, because
after all "the stores looted had insurance".

Looting in Chicago should be viewed as reparations, BLM rally organizer reportedly says | Just The News

what say you?

Yes - consider looting to be reparations only if the looting occurs in a "blue city/state". :0 :roll:

Of course it not reparations - looting is illegal and anyone caught should be arrested and prosecuted.

Offenders should be charged with burglary as well. Total prison time = 10+ years minimum.

Keep in mind too that all of the money the insurance companies pay out equates to increased premiums for the rest of us. The insurance companies must keep a certain amount of a reserve on hand to pay out losses.

Just wait until the police start running all of the high-def video images through facial recognition. This will go on for years, but will hopefully snag thousands of offenders.

Yes - consider looting to be reparations only if the looting occurs in a "blue city/state". :0 :roll:

Of course it not reparations - looting is illegal and anyone caught should be arrested and prosecuted.

Offenders should be charged with burglary as well. Total prison time = 10+ years minimum.

Keep in mind too that all of the money the insurance companies pay out equates to increased premiums for the rest of us. The insurance companies must keep a certain amount of a reserve on hand to pay out losses.

Just wait until the police start running all of the high-def video images through facial recognition. This will go on for years, but will hopefully snag thousands of offenders.

I support shopkeepers-police-shooting those engaged in violent rioting or looting.

No, they are not Americans. They may be US citizens, but the are very much anti-American leftist filth. BLM and ANTIFA terrorists are burning down their own Democrat-controlled sh*tholes while receiving political protection from Democrat terrorist sympathizers.

Americans. America under Trump. You want four more years of this?

This is not a left versus right issue, this is not black versus white issue IMO at least. This is not even about reparations, this is about stealing from businesses that have nothing to do with the issue of reparations. These shops owed nothing to nobody when it comes to reparations.

Only businesses that actively made their billions from slavery might be on the hook for reparations. But shops owed nothing to nobody, this is also not about protests, this is about looting and callous thieving crooks who need to be punished for crimes committed.

That is a view I always have, but only when found guilty. And I hope they catch a lot of these idiots and throw the book at them. Now demolishing a governmental office is also a crime, but that is vandalism. Now this must also be punished (if found guilty) but stealing is not even close to the right to protest. It is the not right of profiting from actual demonstrators and their fight for rights.

All BLM leaders (local of course as it is not that kind of a group) should DENOUNCE these idiots as it takes from the fully justified matter of black lives matter. This BLM fool is an idiot. It diminishes his groups message and he is dumb to justify such behavior.

And nobody is going to say I am saying this as a rightist because as a social democrat I am more left wing than most, but societies are built on laws and respect for the law, not on looting and mindless violence against a democratic system.

I support shopkeepers-police-shooting those engaged in violent rioting or looting.

Shooting only to save lives, IMO, but arrest them all, each and every one and BLM leaders should stand in court and denounce these looters for detracting from the movement. They should not justify such idiotic behavior.

Shooting only to save lives, IMO, but arrest them all, each and every one and BLM leaders should stand in court and denounce these looters for detracting from the movement. They should not justify such idiotic behavior.

in a riot where the police cannot arrest and detain everyone engaged in mass destruction, shooting is a valid response to stop the mass violence

in a riot where the police cannot arrest and detain everyone engaged in mass destruction, shooting is a valid response to stop the mass violence

Only if they or others are in direct harm, first use chemical agents, then water guns, then non-lethal methods and THEN shooting as a last resort.

During soccer riots which usually are a LOT more violent, especially if they are between Ajax Amsterdam

6dc8cf199a6b29fe64fa08c8357daacf--afc-ajax-amsterdam.jpg

As it says on this image, we are AJAX and we are the BEST and the other big club of the Netherlands, Feyenoord are our arch nemesis. Well we call them second best but they think we from Ajax are their arch enemies. Hence the fact that Ajax fans cannot visit Feyenoord matches and the other way around.

If the Dutch police can stop riots and disperse rioting crowds with just the help of the ME (mobile unit, officers specially trained in vans hence the world mobile that can travel to where ever they are needed in a city/area), regular police, dog units and horse units, without firing a single shot in 99.99% of the cases. Then the US police should be able to stop looters without shooting people.

If used properly, dog teams/horse teams/trained riot police, can stop most violent mobs without guns. Maybe US police should invest in top of the line water gun vehicles rather than take military surplus IMO. Water guns can stop a lot of protesters as it is not fun to be blasted by a water jet.

Placing a stolen Gucci handbag above the life of a human being.

Cool!

At least we know now that you believe in the sanctity of property over the sanctity of life.

If you are a racist trying to make a racist argument, sure, of course, it does. All you have to do find one person, somewhere, that says something stupid that you can paint an entire group with.

There are two tactics that have been a hallmark of racists for 100 years:

1. Paint every single major civil rights movement as Marxist or under the influence of Marxists.

2. Find someone, somewhere in a civil rights movement that says something stupid or offensive, and use them to paint the entire movement.

Then the movement needs to speak up and denounce it. The movement needs to check down people that are off-script. Local politicians need to speak out as well and condemn it with a full-throated denunciation.

But we're not seeing that are we? nope.

All we get is silence or blaming Trump. Democrats aren't taking any action whatsoever or taking responsibility for the billions in damage nationwide right in their own political strongholds. This is a democrat party melt down, and their response is silence and finger pointing. It's criminal neglect.

Americans. America under Trump. You want four more years of this?

Of course I don't want to see Trump serve a second term, but Pelosi took that decision from me with her illegal impeachment. Trump's reelection is assured now. Stupid bitch. That is what happens when you become mentally unstable with the Trump Derangement Syndrome. I saw the exact same Democrat stupidity with the Bush Derangement Syndrome after the 2000 election. Democrats are obviously mentally unstable, and judging by the terrorist acts of BLM and ANTIFA, a serious danger to society.

Biden came out against the violence & looting during the first few days earlier in the year. I suspect Harris, being a former prosecutor, believes similarly. Though I haven't kept up with her.

Link?

Everything I read was about his silence, or maybe I missed it?

Only if they or others are in direct harm, first use chemical agents, then water guns, then non-lethal methods and THEN shooting as a last resort.

During soccer riots which usually are a LOT more violent, especially if they are between Ajax Amsterdam

View attachment 67291143

As it says on this image, we are AJAX and we are the BEST and the other big club of the Netherlands, Feyenoord are our arch nemesis. Well we call them second best but they think we from Ajax are their arch enemies. Hence the fact that Ajax fans cannot visit Feyenoord matches and the other way around.

If the Dutch police can stop riots and disperse rioting crowds with just the help of the ME (mobile unit, officers specially trained in vans hence the world mobile that can travel to where ever they are needed in a city/area), regular police, dog units and horse units, without firing a single shot in 99.99% of the cases. Then the US police should be able to stop looters without shooting people.

If used properly, dog teams/horse teams/trained riot police, can stop most violent mobs without guns. Maybe US police should invest in top of the line water gun vehicles rather than take military surplus IMO. Water guns can stop a lot of protesters as it is not fun to be blasted by a water jet.

The difference between rioting over sports and rioting in order to coerce government into altering or adopting a policy is the former is a criminal act of stupidity and the latter is an act of terrorism. That is what makes both BLM and ANTIFA terrorist organizations, and the Democrats supporting them are violating federal law. Under Public Law 107-40 the US is still in a state of war with terrorists.

The difference between rioting over sports and rioting in order to coerce government into altering or adopting a policy is the former is a criminal act of stupidity and the latter is an act of terrorism. That is what makes both BLM and ANTIFA terrorist organizations, and the Democrats supporting them are violating federal law. Under Public Law 107-40 the US is still in a state of war with terrorists.

Except this is not rioting in order to force social change, this is lawless profiteering that has nothing to do with a protest. But sure, keep pretending this looting was about things like government change.

And the real terrorists are the gun toting right wing extremists who do most of the terrorist attacks in the US.

Biden actually was reluctant to condemn the riots and supported the "defund the police" movement.

USA Today, June 10, 2020

Federal dollars should not go to departments that violate people’s rights or turn to violence as a first resort, but I don't support defunding police.
Joe BidenOpinion contributor...

While I do not believe federal dollars should go to police departments violating people’s rights or turning to violence as the first resort, I do not support defunding police. The better answer is to give police departments the resources they need to implement meaningful reforms, and to condition other federal dollars on completing those reforms...

I’ve long been a firm believer in the power of community policing — getting cops out of their cruisers and building relationships with the people and the communities they are there to serve and protect. That’s why I’m proposing an additional $300 million to reinvigorate community policing in our country.

Joe Biden: Black Americans lived with knee on their neck for too long

Then the movement needs to speak up and denounce it. The movement needs to check down people that are off-script. Local politicians need to speak out as well and condemn it with a full-throated denunciation.

Oh, I forgot number 3 in the racist toolkit:

1. Paint every single major civil rights movement as Marxist or under the influence of Marxists.

2. Find someone, somewhere in a civil rights movement that says something stupid or offensive, and use them to paint the entire movement.

3. When called on points 1 and 2, claim it's the civil rights movement's fault for not "speaking up and denouncing" any time one of their millions of members says something stupid.

Notice how it's not about Floyd anymore? It's about hating America and anarchy. Democrats are supporting anarchy and you should punish them for it in November.

Placing a stolen Gucci handbag above the life of a human being.
So you support people robbing and looting stores. We get it.

So you support people robbing and looting stores. We get it.

What I posted in no way is my supporting people robbing and looting stores. No, you most definitely do not get it.

Have you always been so blatantly uninformed?

Is it willful on your part or just sloppy or lazy posting?

Guess you COMPLETELY missed Post #53?

If you want to know what I support go there and look see. I fully support the looters in Chicago being arrested and charged fully under Illinois code where looting is rated as a Class 4 Felony. I also support fully the arrest and charging of rioters, vandals, destroyers of public and private property.

But thanks for giving me the opportunity to disabuse you of your possible totally incorrect assumptions regarding what I support.

That said, I stand behind what I posted about the Gucci handbag and the insane notion of shopkeepers and or police shooting the Gucci handbag thief.

But that by no means is, as I said previously, my supporting any rioting or looting.

It is my putting the sanctity of human life, even that of a thief, above the sanctity of a stolen Gucci handbag.

Hope that clears up any possible confusion you may have had regarding what I support.

:)

Back
Top Bottom