• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Law abiding citizens be Handicapped when confronted by armed criminals

Should Law Abiding Citizens be Handicapped when Confronted by Armed Criminals

• No, but a private citizen should have to pass the Police Shooting qualification test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, ordinary citizens cannot be trusted with firearms

• Yes, Police officers are entitled to better weapons since they are better trained

• Yes, the lives of police officers matter more than other citizens

• Other-explain

• Total voters

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Most state, local and federal agencies have commissioned, or acquired, extensive studies to determine what are the best firearms for their civilian employees to carry in order to survive violent encounters with heavily armed drug gangs, home invasion bans or domestic terrorists. Many of our politicians claim that private citizens-the people these criminals attack-should not be able to own these same most suitable defensive weapons and keep them in our homes for self defense against the same criminals our LE officers confront after these criminals have attacked some of us.

How do you feel about this?

Most state, local and federal agencies have commissioned, or acquired, extensive studies to determine what are the best firearms for their civilian employees to carry in order to survive violent encounters with heavily armed drug gangs, home invasion bans or domestic terrorists. Many of our politicians claim that private citizens-the people these criminals attack-should not be able to own these same most suitable defensive weapons and keep them in our homes for self defense against the same criminals our LE officers confront after these criminals have attacked some of us.

How do you feel about this?

Loved the second choice, I ran qualification testing for LEO's in CO, does the instructor get an automatic pass, LOL. Anyway, the first choice is the best choice.

Loved the second choice, I ran qualification testing for LEO's in CO, does the instructor get an automatic pass, LOL. Anyway, the first choice is the best choice.

I disagree with some of the conclusions in this-he underrepresented the amount of shooting many people do "recreationally". I shoot in a steel league that meets once a week from the start of may through Halloween and most people shoot at least 15 of the 24 or so weeks@ 60 rounds minimum (assuming you don't miss) a week and most of the shooters shoot two pistols (there are several divisions-stock, Open, Custom, Revolver and rimfire) so that is 120-150 rounds a week and we have about 60 regulars. and there is another club that has three shoots a month and the saturday event (which runs 12X a year) normally has close to 100 shooters. and then there are the "bowling pin" events and USPSA events and "Bullseye events" and GSSF league and IDPA-which means lots of people who are shooting lots of rounds. the local ranges in greater Cincinnati, (Point Blanc East and West, Ready Line, Target World and a new one that just opened, have hundreds of people shooting at them each week)

so there are thousands of people in my area that shoot well over 1000 rounds a year. which is ten times more than the requirements for the top LE agency in the area-the Cincinnati PD

I'd suggest that before any state or federal legislator cast a vote supporting the slightest infringement of the right to own or carry common firearms they sit quietly for 3 minutes, waiting for the cops, while someone assaults them and takes their stuff.

Back
Top Bottom