• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should KLM's Gay Flight Attendants Be Forced to Spend the Night in Iran? Read more:

jujuman13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Re: Should KLM's Gay Flight Attendants Be Forced to Spend the Night in Iran? Read mo

They should have to perform the same tasks as other flight attendants perform. If that includes overnight stays in Iran, so be it. They can choose another job if they are unable and/or unwilling to perform the tasks the job requires of them.

Re: Should KLM's Gay Flight Attendants Be Forced to Spend the Night in Iran? Read mo

All they have to do is not have ghey buttsecks. Is that so hard to withhold for a night or two?

Straight people who travel don't screw every night. What's the problem?

I don't think it's outrageous to have them stay. I really doubt they would be in a position where they would be caught having sex if they wanted too. Though I understand why they wouldn't want too. And I totally could see the Iran government hearing about a gay flight attendant, and showing up wanting to enforce their idiotic law. A comparable situation would be having a black flight attendant having to spend the night in South Africa during Apartheid.

I think gay flight attendants should stay in Iran overnight if they have to just like others. They can refrain from sexual activity during their stay (as will non married heterosexual people). My fear though is that Iran will falsely accuse homosexuals of having gay sex and arresting them for two reasons. 1) they simply hate homosexuals and want to imprison them for no reason. 2) To protest "the west" by locking up western homosexuals or to keep them to gain leverage diplomatically among the international community. "We'll release the gay flight attendant when you release to us the Iranian terrorist you have locked up in maximum security prison."

I suppose it depends on whether you can only be arrested if you're caught having gay sex, or if you can simply be arrested for being gay. If the former, then it's no big deal, they can simply refrain from having sex while in Iran. If the latter, it's more of an issue.

Other than rainbow-colored shirts and assless chaps, can you really look at someone and just tell that they're gay? If they're in a uniform, they should be able to blend in if they're not wearing makeup, standing with one foot flat on the ground and the other on their toes, or pointing their hand down to the ground.

Other than rainbow-colored shirts and assless chaps, can you really look at someone and just tell that they're gay? If they're in a uniform, they should be able to blend in if they're not wearing makeup, standing with one foot flat on the ground and the other on their toes, or pointing their hand down to the ground.

Nonetheless, would you want to go somewhere where you know that you could be put to death.

The way the Iranian law is written is that they only need to be caught "fraternizing" with the same sex. Of course, I don't quite understand how "fraternizing" is necessarily defined, because people technically "fraternize" all the time. But that vagary would give me concern as well.

Would glitter be ok to wear if washed off before landing? Can they still say words like fabulous or eat brunch?

The comments about gay flight attendants having sex and being caught are uncalled for. In Iran you can be arrested and sentenced on the suspicion that you could be gay. And let's be honest, gay flight attendants stand out.

It's a legitimate security question for employees. Flight attendants have varying rotations going all over the world. They shouldn't have to go to a country where they are directly at risk.

I don't trust the Iranian government to enforce its own laws in an objective manner on this issue. The personal security of gay people is at risk, I am not sure they should be made to enter such a situation.

Back
Top Bottom