• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Joe run again in 2024?

Should Biden run for President in 2024? Is Kamala an adequate replacement?

• Yes, if still reasonably fit and lucid - he should run.

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • No, replace him with Kamala, she can win.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • There should be a third option, neither Joe or Kamala.

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters

SNOWFLAKE

Crazy Canuck
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
As an outside observer, I too would be worried if my Prime Minister was as old as Joe Biden is.

AND we know those on the Right insist he has dementia, is having his strings pulled and have other "theories" about him, but we know where their attitude comes from, so that is neither here nor there.

The question really is: should he run again for President in 2024? Found this online and found it interesting:

I personally disagree with the conclusions, I am not convinced Kamala Harris is popular enough, but what do I know?

Hoping the following questions can be answered by both sides without the usual hyperbole and semantics, so here goes:

Should Joe Biden, presuming he is still standing, run again in 2024?

And if not, what would be the alternative?

Let's wait and see how he's doing when it's closer to the election. I'm not necessarily opposed to having him run for a second term if he's still able...he's obviously very good at connecting with people and building coalitions, and people like Biden.

But if he isn't up to it, he should step down.

Let's wait and see how he's doing when it's closer to the election. I'm not necessarily opposed to having him run for a second term if he's still able...he's obviously very good at connecting with people and building coalitions, and people like Biden.

But if he isn't up to it, he should step down.
If he steps down, would you suggest Kamala or should the Dems be looking for a different option?

If he steps down there should be an open primary, not a coronation. We don’t need a 2016 again.

If he steps down there should be an open primary, not a coronation. We don’t need a 2016 again.
that would be my preference as well.

He didn't run in 2020. Other than for his basement.

As an outside observer, I too would be worried if my Prime Minister was as old as Joe Biden is.

AND we know those on the Right insist he has dementia, is having his strings pulled and have other "theories" about him, but we know where their attitude comes from, so that is neither here nor there.

The question really is: should he run again for President in 2024? Found this online and found it interesting:

I personally disagree with the conclusions, I am not convinced Kamala Harris is popular enough, but what do I know?

Hoping the following questions can be answered by both sides without the usual hyperbole and semantics, so here goes:

Biden promised during the primaries he'd serve one term. I'll take him at his word. As for Harris, her overall approval rating is 10 points below Biden's.. Biden at 53%, Harris at 43%. Probably more important is Harris's approval rating among independents is at a very low 33% approval. But 2024 is a long way off, many things can change including Harris's approval ratings.Today, even the Democrats are worried about Harris.

Harris has a personality that tends to rub people, independents, swing voters the wrong way. Granted, her personality isn't as bad as Trump's. But it is there. History has shown folks usually don't vote for someone they dislike.

Who else if Biden doesn't run, I've always been a fan of Tammy Duckwor;th. She's spunky and a vet. It's too far out to really delve deep into who else, so many unknowns lie ahead. But if I were a Democrat, I'd be looking for a fresh, young face and if that fresh, young face is from flyover country, so much the better.

Who else if Biden doesn't run, I've always been a fan of Tammy Duckwor;th.
I really like her too. I thought it was a missed opportunity when Biden chose Harris over Tammy Duckworth. But she’s probably not as good at the “Game of Thrones” as Harris is.

He didn't run in 2020. Other than for his basement.
It worked. That was very smart political strategy. Biden let Trump be Trump and by staying hidden, he let Trump remind the voters, especially independents, swing voters why they disliked him. Independents went for Biden 54-41 after Trump had won them in 2016 46-42 over Hillary with 12% voting third party against both Trump and Clinton. That's a plus 4 in 2016 to a minus 13 in 2020, a swing of 17 points against Trump.

It seems with Biden at 52.5% approval, Biden is still benefiting from not being Trump. Biden has been constantly between 52-55% approval since inauguration day. Normally, the honeymoon phase last a maximum of 100 days, it has lasted 6 months so for with Biden and who knows when it will end?

Does anybody believe he'll be healthy enough to run for a second term? I'm still thinking he'll be spent by Christmas break.

Both Trump and Biden were too old for the job. Biden is doing a decent job so far, but the presidency is not a job for men in their 70s and 80s. He should just serve 1 term.

It worked. That was very smart political strategy. Biden let Trump be Trump and by staying hidden, he let Trump remind the voters, especially independents, swing voters why they disliked him. Independents went for Biden 54-41 after Trump had won them in 2016 46-42 over Hillary with 12% voting third party against both Trump and Clinton. That's a plus 4 in 2016 to a minus 13 in 2020, a swing of 17 points against Trump.

It seems with Biden at 52.5% approval, Biden is still benefiting from not being Trump. Biden has been constantly between 52-55% approval since inauguration day. Normally, the honeymoon phase last a maximum of 100 days, it has lasted 6 months so for with Biden and who knows when it will end?
Of course I expected SOMEONE to take the opportunity to get in a "dig" on Biden, clearly I predicted that when I stated:
Hoping the following questions can be answered by both sides without the usual hyperbole and semantics.

Basement or not, he won, Trump lost. I am not sure they will ever get over that.

Both Trump and Biden were too old for the job. Biden is doing a decent job so far, but the presidency is not a job for men in their 70s and 80s. He should just serve 1 term.
Kamala or someone else?

Joe should be a one term President, just for the sake of age and condition. And Harris would be irresponsible for Democrats to try for President, it would be a damn near guarantee of handing the White House right back to Republicans.

But we largely knew this was going to be the case.

Joe should be a one term President, just for the sake of age and condition. And Harris would be irresponsible for Democrats to try for President, it would be a damn near guarantee of handing the White House right back to Republicans.

But we largely knew this was going to be the case.
If they run a primary for 2024 someone else and more appealing might emerge.

Depends .. will Biden still be planning to "suck blood out of kids" or not? Will he continue to make baseless talking points and demonstrate he struggles with unscripted responses or without targeting specific journalists to respond to questions?

Biden for another 7 years .. lol .. nearly mid 80s and he's already demonstrating cognitive decline.

Joe will be over 80 years old at that point, if he did run, I'd be worried about him dropping dead on the campaign trail. Its crass that we play these political games by thinking solely about whether someone will be alive or not (looking at you Justice Bryer), but its the reality we live in, and I dont think Dems should take that chance. And I dont like Kamala Harris being the heir apparent.

Looking back at the Dem primary, I dont think any of them are similarly situated to take over the reigns of the Democratic Party. A fresh(ish), new face would be welcome...I like Tammy Duckworth (as mentioned already), Stacy Abrams or Katie Porter

Of course I expected SOMEONE to take the opportunity to get in a "dig" on Biden, clearly I predicted that when I stated:
Hoping the following questions can be answered by both sides without the usual hyperbole and semantics.

Basement or not, he won, Trump lost. I am not sure they will ever get over that.
Biden in my opinion was a safe candidate to beat Trump. That was most important in 2020. The Dems needed to nominate someone who wasn't as disliked as Trump was ala 2016 with Hillary Clinton. It seems the Dems learned a valuable lesson from 2016. Biden had the reputation of being a moderate democrat with a history of working with the other side. Something independents really liked. Biden also behaved and acted like an adult, should I say presidential. That was enough to beat Trump who's childish antics of name calling, throwing temper tantrums along with his 3rd grade schoolyard bullying tactics was really refreshing. At least to independents, swing voters.

One could say we've had two elections based on personality. 2016, it was obnoxious, rude and uncouth vs aloof, elitist know it all. Obnoxious, rude and uncouth won. In 2020, obnoxious, rude and uncouth lost to a candidate that was bland, old, uninspiring, but came across as the adult in the room. The grownup won. over the spoiled, egotistical brat who's parent forgot to teach him any manners or how to act and behave in public.

Trump's problem was that he wasn't a reality TV show host anymore. Behaving obnoxious, rude and uncouth drew fans, but being president, obnoxious, rude and uncouth was deemed below the dignity of the office of the presidency. Trump defeated Trump in 2020.

I'm looking for a younger Democratic Candidate with an astrological score.

The opposition has the New Moon in 2024, so the Democrat must be higher in traits. In 2028 the defending Party has the New Moon so Harris could conceivably win with her -11, but as I learned in 2016 it's very difficult to pull a -2 over a 5. I learned of the model and turned around to see what I was doing and it was all astrology. Kamala is our first woman VP but will never be President. It is difficult to find the score by guessing, voters are distributed according to astrology and everyone thinks they have the winner.

Biden is a 10, find a stronger Candidate. Rubio is a 6 and Pence 0.

Neither Mr. Joe nor Ms. Kamala should run.

But if Ms. Kamala runs, she will probably win because of her gender, ethnicity, & political affiliation.

Maybe everything depends on next year's (honest?) Congressional elections.

If the Republicans retake the House and Senate and make a lot of people angry, then that would be a plus for Ms. Kamala.

It would be nice if a moderate and pleasant and reasonably young person could become the President in 2024, someone who has the guts and personality to unite this wounded nation.

Joe Biden is not exactly what I think of when I think of the word "inspiring".

But he's basically a decent and likable guy IMO, at least to me, he's ultra establishment but also has been proactive with environment, Iran nuke deal, and some other things I support. And the establishment doesnt have to be 100% bad, there are worse things.

Good old boring Joe is doing just fine, IMO, but 3 years is a long long way out to even be thinking of 24 IMO.

If things continued roughly as they are now, with no major screw ups, no new phony "wars", etc, then I could probably vote for Biden again. If he was seeking the job.

And my 100% FREE Big Gubmint BidenCare™ Healthcare plan is sure an added incentive for my vote! Its pretty freakin' sweet actually, ZERO premiums and ZERO deductibles heh heh heh.

Thank you President Biden, you're doing VERY well!! (y) 💯

The Honeymoon continues as long as Trump continues to run around barking lies.
If Trump left D.C. and just resumed a life of playing golf and eating there would have been more focus on Biden.

The more Trump belches the more people are relieved not to have that catastrophe in the WH any longer.

If they run a primary for 2024 someone else and more appealing might emerge.

Might = no real choice, IMHO.

And I am not talking about regurgitating other relics and/or wealthy people from the party like Clinton, Sanders, Warren, or Bloomberg either.

Seems to me now is the time to lock up moderates and Independents by running someone left enough but no so left as to alienate the majority of the nation just to appease the far left. Another Obama, charismatic and leading, who all things considered was not all that left and despite his hiccups was not all that terrible of a President (then again I was not to thrilled with some of his action / inaction as well.)

I guess my biggest concern is playing the extreme game watching the far left match the far right under Trump and seeing the nation ripped apart.

Back
Top Bottom