• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Joe Biden run for President in 2020 ?

As someone who regularly voted in democrat primaries for years I would love to vote for Biden, especially if he chose the ditzy beauty Ocasio-Cortez as his running mate, freshly fitted with an untouchable lying birth certificate declaring her old enough to vote.

You have the 'hots' for Ocasio-Cortez, do ya marke ? :)

I think she is pretty, but horribly misguided. Sort of like Marilyn Monroe was.

In what areas do you find her to be 'horribly misguided' ?

I misstated, so my apologies.

Bernie SHOULD HAVE JOINED, like back in 2008. With his charisma and his considerable and now proven crowdfunding mojo, that is when he should have begun his White House juggernaut as a Dem.
Joining in 2016 making a difference against Hillz? No, you are ABSOLUTELY 100% right, it would not have.
Even joining right NOW, in time for the 2020, it's already too late...too many others have already hopped on board.

I love Bernie but he had his chance to run the race and he chose to run it with the parking brake on.
It's too bad but it is what it is and therefore I concede your excellent points...all of them.

Bernie actually has more of a chance now to win the primaries than ever before, especially with the disempowerment of super-delegates, the shapings of an honest, clean primary and the man having built his brand, while being among the most popular politicos in the country. Of the likely and declared candidates for the 2019-20 primaries, he is easily among the strongest.

Further, whether 2008 or 2016, I don't think it would have really changed things all that much; harder to tell so far as 2008 is concerned to be sure, but Obamamania was in full swing during that time which would have surely blunted his entry then, and didn't dissipate until about 2-3 years in.

But, underestimate AOC at your own peril, and I say this TO all her Dem detractors.
It appears that she actually LEARNED from the Sanders "parking brake" episode.
She is not even remotely old enough to run. She will qualify in time for the 2028 elections.

If the Dems manage to avoid screwing the pooch, and she manages to avoid doing something extremely stupid, I wager she WILL be our President in 2028.
But I could be wrong, there is always an equal chance that she goes "KABOOM"...but my gut says she isn't likely to.
But a lot of her Dem competition will.

I don't underestimate AOC.

The establishment fears her, as well they should, because she is indeed the future, and every time they try to take her down the Streisand effect kicks in and makes her more beloved and popular than ever.

And yes, assuming a Democrat wins in 2020, I would bet on her for 2028 (or 2024 barring that).

Last edited:
Bernie actually has more of a chance now to win the primaries than ever before

I wish you were right but seeing as how he is NOT a member of the Democratic Party, they will just do the same crap to him again. No third party or Indie has ever won the White House, it will not happen in 2020, bank on it.
POTUS elections are football games. Only NFL teams can play in the Super Bowl. NHL and NBL teams can't play in a football game. San Francisco 49-ers can't be dropped into a game between the Redskins and the Cowboys.

I did not write the rules, not trying to endorse them, just saying what they are.

I'm interested in whether or not Democrats think Joe Biden should run for President in 2020, or do you thing the Dems should go in a different direction with younger, fresh faces. At first, I thought it would be best for someone to replace Pelosi as Speaker of the House, but after observing how a hard nosed seasoned political veteran played hardball with a hard nosed moronic POTUS, I'm now wondering if it would be wise to have a seasoned Democratic nominee with W.H. experience, who will not back down from the Orange Bully-in-Chief as the Democratic nominee. What do you fellow Dems think about Joe Biden running for POTUS in 2020 ? What are the pros and cons ?

I like Biden, but he seems too weak. Honestly, I like him. But, we need a new face. A white dude is a bad idea. We need a young, intelligent, non-white, aggressive leader to put Trump to shame.

I wish you were right but seeing as how he is NOT a member of the Democratic Party, they will just do the same crap to him again. No third party or Indie has ever won the White House, it will not happen in 2020, bank on it.
POTUS elections are football games. Only NFL teams can play in the Super Bowl. NHL and NBL teams can't play in a football game. San Francisco 49-ers can't be dropped into a game between the Redskins and the Cowboys.

I did not write the rules, not trying to endorse them, just saying what they are.

I'm confident in my assessment.

I'm not saying he _will_ win, but his odds are certainly the best they've ever been, and he's definitely among the best/most likely victors in the current known/likely field. Whether or not he is officially a Democrat, this remains true by the numbers and the facts as they stand.

I like Biden, but he seems too weak. Honestly, I like him. But, we need a new face. A white dude is a bad idea. We need a young, intelligent, non-white, aggressive leader to put Trump to shame.

Yeah..What prompted me to start this thread was to get a better pulse on the over all demographical feeling for those of a liberal persuasion. Joe is a little too old, and I sense he would also come with some 'Obama baggage', akin to HRC's 'Bill' baggage. Looking forward to seeing how things play out as we get deeper into the campaigning/debating/nominating process for 2020.

Like Booker !

I'm interested in whether or not Democrats think Joe Biden should run for President in 2020, or do you thing the Dems should go in a different direction with younger, fresh faces. At first, I thought it would be best for someone to replace Pelosi as Speaker of the House, but after observing how a hard nosed seasoned political veteran played hardball with a hard nosed moronic POTUS, I'm now wondering if it would be wise to have a seasoned Democratic nominee with W.H. experience, who will not back down from the Orange Bully-in-Chief as the Democratic nominee. What do you fellow Dems think about Joe Biden running for POTUS in 2020 ? What are the pros and cons ?

I love Joe. I think he is by far the best candidate available but this election is going to be about a new direction for the Democrats and the "old guard" will be seen and attacked as returning to the "old ways". Personally, being an old guy I would be super happy to return to the "old ways" but this is a new world, especially after the destruction that Trump has brought to it, and what is needed is new blood that will incite the new generation.

I also believe that most of the candidates that are running or likely to run, with the exception of someone like Schultz and Bloomberg, will end up doing a good enough job to get us back on tract to morals, ethics, principles and humanity. As long as those are part of whatever candidate is chosen, we will be okay.

I really would have liked for Joe Biden to have run in the last election as he would have won and none of the heartache that has occurred with Trump would have happened. Unfortunately, he did not run and now it may be the wrong time for him to run. By the same token, we certainly would return the country to respectability with him as President. In that respect he is the best and will remain the best.

Last edited:
I love Joe. I think he is by far the best candidate available but this election is going to be about a new direction for the Democrats and the "old guard" will be seen and attacked and returning to the "old ways". Personally, being an old guy I would be super happy to return to the "old ways" but this is a new world, especially after the destruction that Trump has brought to it, and what is needed is new blood that will incite the new generation.

I also believe that most of the candidates that are running or likely to run, with the exception of someone like Schultz and Bloomberg, will end up doing a good enough job to get us back on tract to morals, ethics, principles and humanity. As long as those are part of whatever candidate is chosen, we will be okay.

I really would have liked for Joe Biden to have run in the last election as he would have won and none of the heartache that has occurred with Trump would have happened. Unfortunately, he did not run and now it may be the wrong time for him to run. By the same token, we certainly would return the country to respectability with him as President. In that respect he is the best and will remain the best.

Maybe he could serve as a cabinet member, or in some other capacity, should whomever wins the Dem nomination go on to win the election in 2020. His past experience in the W,H, and foreign affairs is a big plus that could be utilized to help rectify some of the damage that has been done with our allies by the Orange Nightmare.

Hell No....Him and Hillary refusing to leave the stage is proof of how weak the bench is in the D party, in large part by the designs of Clinton Corp.

There should be a whole crop of younger better people shoving these two out of the way.

Younger yes, better no. Joe is at the top of my list as a man of morals, ethics, principles and humanity and all of those in one person is a rarity. Nonetheless, I do believe the people will go for someone younger and that will bring more change than Joe would bring. Joe would take us back to the "good old days" but this generation is looking to forge new paths and make their mark on the country.

By the same token, anyone is better than Trump. A cockroach would be better than Trump. Anyone that can bring us back from the past is better.

Trump300.jpg

Younger yes, better no. Joe is at the top of my list as a man of morals, ethics, principles and humanity and all of those in one person is a rarity. Nonetheless, I do believe the people will go for someone younger and that will bring more change than Joe would bring. Joe would take us back to the "good old days" but this generation is looking to forge new paths and make their mark on the country.

By the same token, anyone is better than Trump. A cockroach would be better than Trump. Anyone that can bring us back from the past is better.

View attachment 67249534

Who cares, he is very old with a history of cancer, and America is in Big ****ing Trouble...

Please attempt to prioritize.

Actually, I like Booker. He is among the top of my list

What young single black democrat woman does not like Spartacus Booker? Heck, even older democrat women, married or single, and white or black like Spartacus.

Back
Top Bottom