• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should Janet Reno be punished for mass murder?

Should Janet Reno and others be punished for Waco massacre?

• Yes, death penalty (lethal injection).

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Yes, life without parole.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, give them same treatment their victims got--burned alive.

• Yes, 40 years.

• Yes, 20 years.

• Yes, 10 years

• Yes, restitution to families (specify).

• Yes, other (specify)

• No, let God take care of it when he calls.

• No, they are heroes for destroying religious zealots.

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

ronpaulvoter

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Most people remember the horrible 1993 massacre at Waco, TX where 79 people were tortured for 51 days, gassed with deadly CS gas (illegal even in a legitimate war), shot at, and burned alive. This was done on the allegations that David Koresh and a few of his followers possessed a few "illegal" automatic weapons.

Janet Reno headed the operation. The ATF and FBI, along with some national guardsmen with tanks, were the major participants.

Do you think any of these people are guilty of mass murder--not to mention unspeakable cruelty? What kind of punishment would you recommend?

Personally I think they could've taken Koresh in without slaughtering all those women and children.

Truly a sad day in American history, when the Justice Department serves up an injustice to it's citizens like this.

Persecuted for their religious beliefs, and killed over excercising their constitutional rights.

Truly a sad day in American history.

Reno was a joke as AG.....A pawn for Clinton......She makes Gonzales look like the greatest AG of all time.......

Personally I think they could've taken Koresh in without slaughtering all those women and children.

Truly a sad day in American history, when the Justice Department serves up an injustice to it's citizens like this.

Persecuted for their religious beliefs, and killed over excercising their constitutional rights.

Truly a sad day in American history.

:rofl - Why do you persist on blaming this on the U.S. government? The ATF came to serve a LAWFUL warrant. Koresh and his crew shot first. Everything that happened thereafter was his fault and that of his followers. Stop defending scum.

This is the evidence people who defend these Branch Davidian freaks refuse to acknowledge.

1. David Koresh preached that the U.S. government was their enemy.
2. The ATF came to serve a lawful warrant.
3. The Davidians fired first.
4. Attacking an officer of the law is as you all know very illegal.
5. Whether or not the Davidians were doing anything wrong became irrelevant once they fired at the ATF.

--------------

In simpler terms :

Imagine a cop stops you in the middle of the road. Even if you're not doing anything illegal, once you attack that officer, whatever he stopped you for becomes irrelevant.

============

The question is loaded and so is every option on the poll. Off to the basement with this I say.

Last edited:
:rofl - Why do you persist on blaming this on the U.S. government? The ATF came to serve a LAWFUL warrant. Koresh and his crew shot first. Everything that happened thereafter was his fault and that of his followers. Stop defending scum.

This is the evidence people who defend these Branch Davidian freaks refuse to acknowledge.

1. David Koresh preached that the U.S. government was their enemy.
2. The ATF came to serve a lawful warrant.
3. The Davidians fired first.
4. Attacking an officer of the law is as you all know very illegal.
5. Whether or not the Davidians were doing anything wrong became irrelevant once they fired at the ATF.

--------------

In simpler terms :

Imagine a cop stops you in the middle of the road. Even if you're not doing anything illegal, once you attack that officer, whatever he stopped you for becomes irrelevant.

============

The question is loaded and so is every option on the poll. Off to the basement with this I say.

We agree 100%.

Mark this day.

Reno was a joke as AG.....A pawn for Clinton......She makes Gonzales look like the greatest AG of all time.......

Yep...she was a joke....yet she supervised :

* The month-long standoff and ensuing deaths of more than 80 men, women, and children--the Branch Davidians--in Waco, Texas. This was the deadliest government action taken against American citizens on U.S. soil since the Civil War.
* Bringing suit against the software company Microsoft for violation of the Sherman Antitrust Act.
* Prosecution resulting in the conviction of 21 of the Montana Freemen after an 81 day armed standoff.
* Capture and conviction of the Unabomber.
* Capture and conviction of Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols for the Oklahoma City bombing.
* Capture and conviction of those who conducted the World Trade Center bombing (resulting in life-sentences of Sheik Omar Abdel-Rahman and 4 conspirators)
* Identification of the correct suspect (Eric Rudolph) in the Centennial Olympic Park bombing and other bombings, who remained a fugitive throughout her tenure.
* Capture and conviction of Mir Aimal Kasi for the CIA headquarters shootings.

As opposed to Gonzales..who is responsible for....???? Oh thats right...saying that Habeas Corpus is not guaranteed.

As opposed to Gonzales..who is responsible for....???? Oh thats right...saying that Habeas Corpus is not guaranteed.

It was too good to last, I guess. :doh

It was too good to last, I guess. :doh

GONZALES said:
The fact that the Constitution—again, there is no express grant of habeas in the Constitution. There is a prohibition against taking it away. But it’s never been the case, and I’m not a Supreme—

Adding to that. He's either the most incompetent AG for not remembering the details of his job or the most dishonest one. I'll go for dishonest.

Adding to that. He's either the most incompetent AG for not remembering the details of his job or the most dishonest one. I'll go for dishonest.

Would you bend over backwards trying to find a way to defend Ahmadinejad if he was the AG?

I bet you would if he was appointed by Bush.

And certainly all good Americans should if that were the case. The President of the United States has more access to information than you or I. If he vouches for the guy, that's enough for me.

Shame on your undermining the institutions of US political leadership.

Don't you know that the ego boost that comes from posting as a 'whatever-you-pride-yourself-on-appearing-to-be' isn't as important as preventing widespread loss of faith in our leadership?

It's obvious you never served. :roll:

And certainly all good Americans should if that were the case. The President of the United States has more access to information than you or I. If he vouches for the guy, that's enough for me.

Don't you know that the ego boost that comes from posting as a 'whatever-you-pride-yourself-on-appearing-to-be' isn't as important as preventing widespread loss of faith in our leadership?

....Wow.....Hitler woulda looooooooooved you.

Even Ahmadinejad huh?

Shame on you for undermining the Constitution

I'm actually training to be an officer with Army ROTC right now. I guess I didn't know they train the grunts not to think, huh bhkad?

can anybody say martial law
if i am not mistaken or under the influence of Michelobs
I seem to recall that under martial law Habeus Corpus can be suspended
therefore it is not guaranteed by any definition
but please, correct me if I am wrong

sounds like Britney Spears a few years back
you know back when she 'was a virgin' & didnt have bodyguards snorting blow off her ta-ta's

I'm actually training to be an officer with Army ROTC right now. I guess I didn't know they train the grunts not to think, huh bhkad?
actually as you move along in your training you will find they will train you to run the train on female recruits/volunteers/trainees

Most people remember the horrible 1993 massacre at Waco, TX where 79 people were tortured for 51 days, gassed with deadly CS gas (illegal even in a legitimate war), shot at, and burned alive. This was done on the allegations that David Koresh and a few of his followers possessed a few "illegal" automatic weapons.

Janet Reno headed the operation. The ATF and FBI, along with some national guardsmen with tanks, were the major participants.

Do you think any of these people are guilty of mass murder--not to mention unspeakable cruelty? What kind of punishment would you recommend?

Actually, I think she should be hailed as a hero of law enforcement for the Waco situation. I've explained my position, quite thoroughly, on another thread.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/23686-bill-clinton-most-popular-president-5.html

Last edited:
....Wow.....Hitler woulda looooooooooved you.

You think I would have this same philosophy with a leader like Hitler?

You are not using your head.

George W. Bush is a good and capable man who is respectful of the laws of the USA and takes his oath seriously.

Jihadists are a capable and determined group of millions of people acting individually and in groups, openly and covertly, abroad and in this country and using every technology that can be bought and every one of our laws against us to continue to achieve their goals to weaken and ultimately conquer us.

In this case your comparison is sophomoric at best.

GWB deserves our support and our thanks.

And even if you hate his ****ing guts (as he is fighting for you to retain the right to do and say you do, freely) anyone who lives in America and loves freedom should be hoping and praying that GWB is able to defeat those who would gobble up your stinkin freedoms like so much hummus.

Even Ahmadinejad huh?

Shame on you for undermining the Constitution

Well, before the time comes some years from now when you either resign your commission or retire from active duty I'm sure you will experience some lessons that will cause you to re-think your positions on things.

And if (in this wild fantasy) President Bush, who has no great affection for Ahmadinejad, suddenly appointed Mahmoud to be the AG and he were to be approved by Congress, of course I would give him deference and respect.

If you are going to serve the country I will cut you some slack. Wet behind the ears officers need all the help they can get. :mrgreen: :cool:

Well, before the time comes some years from now when you either resign your commission or retire from active duty I'm sure you will experience some lessons that will cause you to re-think your positions on things.
I swore to defend the Constitution, not constantly difer to the Presidents opinion. If I'm ordered to fight I'll do it whole heartedly, but that doesn't mean I have to like the fact that I'm building a country for Iraqis rather tahn defending Americans.

If you are going to serve the country I will cut you some slack. Wet behind the ears officers need all the help they can get. :mrgreen: :cool:
No doubt about that, just one more butter bar running whichever way the first sergeant tells him.

This thread went from Janet Reno to Iran and Jihad in under 2 pages. That's got to be a record.

:rofl

It's not getting any smarter out there. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom