• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should isolated tribes be left alone?[W:19]

Should isolated tribes be left alone?

• Yes

Votes: 26 86.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
Re: Should isolated tribes be left alone?

Good thing the founders of whichever one of the thousands of rebellious splinter groups you belong to, came along to set all the actual Christians straight.

Thats true, Just like the Jews who fled Egypt had to be set straight before they came to Israel. Luckily some Christians decided to not longer be Catholics/phony Christians and gave up praying to/venerating saints.

Thats true, Just like the Jews who fled Egypt had to be set straight before they came to Israel. Luckily some Christians decided to not longer be Catholics/phony Christians and gave up praying to/venerating saints.

The comparison between Jewish rebellion against God and Protestant rebellion against God, has merit.

The comparison between Jewish rebellion against God and Protestant rebellion against God, has merit.

Seeing how Catholics IE phony Christians are the ones praying to/venerating saints, Its Catholics who are rebelling against God. Protestants got it right by dropping that pagan practice of praying to/venerating things other than God. I am not sure how Jews fleeing Egypt is a rebellion against God.

No. They should be civilized, and taught the Catholic faith. KJV-only Baptist Fundamentalism.

Fixed that for ya.

Give me that old-time religion
It's good enough for me

It was good for our mothers
And it's good enough for me

It has served our fathers

Makes me love everybody
Makes me love everybody
Makes me love everybody

It will take us all to heaven

Last edited:

Seeing how Catholics IE phony Christians are the ones praying to/venerating saints, Its Catholics who are rebelling against God. Protestants got it right by dropping that pagan practice of praying to/venerating things other than God. I am not sure how Jews fleeing Egypt is a rebellion against God.

The Jews rebelled against God by rejexting Jesus Christ and the Church he founded. This is comparable to Protestant rejection of the Church, since to accept Christ but refuse to obey his Church is sophistry.

P.S. It must be said to lack piety, which is the reault of accepting Protestant notions of "idolatry".

Fixed that for ya.

Right. I forgot Christianity started in 1609. I thought it was started by that Jesus fellow, my mistake.

No, bring them into the 21st century, give them welfare and federal housing benefits; SNAP too. Create another group dependent on government.

Its worked so well for others...

Indeed, it diid. Most Indians have embraced civilization and Catholicism (remember that more live in Latin America than in the US and Canada). You snicker but without cause.

I can think of lots of words to describe Latin America and "blessed" one of them. I know through observation that the Pentecostals (and I'm not a Pentecostal) have recently had the most success in evangelizing indigenous population in South America.

All the religious sniping aside, I have some knowledge about this. My wife is from that general region. Her father is a church planter/missionary in that region. Contact is fine, but disturbing their way of life isn't. If they don't want electricity; don't force it on them. Are "white man's" environmental laws to be imposed on them. They are hostile to the white man for a reason. My wife's father tells me one sure fire way to get on their bad side is refusing to eat with them. My wife's father had to eat boiled monkey and smile while he ate it.

I can think of lots of words to describe Latin America and "blessed" one of them. I know through observation that the Pentecostals (and I'm not a Pentecostal) have recently had the most success in evangelizing indigenous population in South America.

That doesn't really reply to what I said. Most Native American groups have embraced civilization. While not as many, the majority have also embraced the Catholic religion. So the notion that teaching them civilization and Catholicism failed (as radcen implied), is silly.

All the religious sniping aside, I have some knowledge about this. My wife is from that general region. Her father is a church planter/missionary in that region. Contact is fine, but disturbing their way of life isn't. If they don't want electricity; don't force it on them. Are "white man's" environmental laws to be imposed on them. They are hostile to the white man for a reason. My wife's father tells me one sure fire way to get on their bad side is refusing to eat with them. My wife's father had to eat boiled monkey and smile while he ate it.

Trying to impose things like electricity is not prudent, but many aspects of their way of life need to be corrected. Infanticide and nudism for starters.

The Jews rebelled against God by rejexting Jesus Christ and the Church he founded. This is comparable to Protestant rejection of the Church, since to accept Christ but refuse to obey his Church is sophistry.

P.S. It must be said to lack piety, which is the reault of accepting Protestant notions of "idolatry".

Jesus didn't say to prey to/venerate saints.Last I checked Moses didn't pray to/venerate Noah, Adam, or anyone else who came before him.Nor did David pray to/venerate Moses or anyone else before him.I certainly don't remember any of the 12 disciples praying to/venerating anyone before them. Do you know who prays to/venerates things other than God? Pagans do,just like the Modern Pagans IE the Catholics the ancient Pagans of Rome and Greece had a god for this and a god that and they prayed to/venerated the gods of various occupations and events.Just like the modern pagans IE the Catholics they made statues of those gods and even named temples IE churches after those gods.I bet if you look hard enough you can find the Roman/Greek god equivalents of those catholic saints. Face it man, Catholics are nothing more than pagans that co-opted Christianity.

Can we not do this Sky Cake vs Sky Cookies debate in this thread? It's not the topic.

12308730_1023487071005208_9177542687180530440_n.jpg

Jesus didn't say to prey to/venerate saints.Last I checked Moses didn't pray to/venerate Noah, Adam, or anyone else who came before him.Nor did David pray to/venerate Moses or anyone else before him.I certainly don't remember any of the 12 disciples praying to/venerating anyone before them. Do you know who prays to/venerates things other than God? Pagans do,just like the Modern Pagans IE the Catholics the ancient Pagans of Rome and Greece had a god for this and a god that and they prayed to/venerated the gods of various occupations and events.Just like the modern pagans IE the Catholics they made statues of those gods and even named temples IE churches after those gods.I bet if you look hard enough you can find the Roman/Greek god equivalents of those catholic saints. Face it man, Catholics are nothing more than pagans that co-opted Christianity.

It's your contention that the Israelites didn't venerate their ancestors?

All jokes aside, some of these tribes know about the white man. I have heard of some cases where one of their tribesmen traveled to Belem or Manaus and decided what the white man had to offer was a step backwards.

What are those indigenous people thinking not to want this for their families?

Slum in Manaus
favela-slum-in-the-amazon-city-of-manaus-brazil-apd8c0.jpg

Their way of life should be respected. If they invite a member of the so called civilized world, so be it. If they don't, let them be.

All jokes aside, some of these tribes know about the white man. I have heard of some cases where one of their tribesmen traveled to Belem or Manaus and decided what the white man had to offer was a step backwards.

What are those indigenous people thinking not to want this for their families?

Slum in Manaus
favela-slum-in-the-amazon-city-of-manaus-brazil-apd8c0.jpg

This has been the case more often than we might like to admit. When Capt. Cook came to the west of Vancouver Island, the natives he encountered were living better lives than one of his sailors could in London.

If we want to discuss this, we should perhaps look at Helix's link and define isolated people or lost tribes. The "uncontacted" don't mingle, contrary to some assumptions.

We should never violate the prime directive.

Agreed. I wouldn't see the harm in an occasional researcher visiting, limiting information of the world leaking in, and for study, but very, very little more than that, unless the tribe itself requested that greater contact.

Yes, if they want to be left alone.

How do you know if they want to be left alone unless you contact them?

:lol: Yes, because that has worked so well in the past.

Yes, let's trade one brand of superstitious stupidity for another. That's always a good idea!

Agreed. I wouldn't see the harm in an occasional researcher visiting, limiting information of the world leaking in, and for study, but very, very little more than that, unless the tribe itself requested that greater contact.

That's basically treating them like wild animals, is it not? Disinterested study should never be the primary purpose of interacting with other human beings.

How do you know if they want to be left alone unless you contact them?

Exactly. Much of this discussion is predicated on the idea that their way of life is somehow superior to ours and that we would be ruining it by talking to them.

In reality the reverse is true, our way of life and religion are far superior to theirs, and we should share such with them.

Yes, let's trade one brand of superstitious stupidity for another. That's always a good idea!

I have not suggested teaching them atheism.

That's basically treating them like wild animals, is it not? Disinterested study should never be the primary purpose of interacting with other human beings.

No, I wouldn't think so.

I think it's respecting them and their way of life and their choice to alter or not alter it.

No, I wouldn't think so.

I think it's respecting them and their way of life and their choice to alter or not alter it.

You're either assuming that knowledge of our way of life will automatically make them embrace it, or that their way is superior.

Both of those are rather risible.

Back
Top Bottom