• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should immigrants have to take an IQ test?

hould immigrants have to take an IQ test?

• Yes

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters

Viking11

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Yes. If they score below 95, they should not be allowed in.

No. Especially if we're talking about the United States. I'm pretty sure that a good chunk of Americans can't pass a IQ Test.

I think I already pointed out to you on a different thread that it is not only useless but impossible to compare IQ scores between two different nations with wildly different cultures...and that if you understood intelligence half as well as you seem to think, you'd already know that.

I think I already pointed out to you on a different thread that it is not only useless but impossible to compare IQ scores between two different nations with wildly different cultures...and that if you understood intelligence half as well as you seem to think, you'd already know that.

You obviously don't understand IQ tests..

I am 100% against anti-immigrant hype and anti -- Islamic racism. As a Jew I admire Abrahamites.

I am 100% against anti-immigrant hype and anti -- Islamic racism. As a Jew I admire Abrahamites.

Why the wall in Israel then? Let those poor muslims in!!!

I am 100% for anti-immigrant hype.

I don't believe you are Jewish. Jews are very smart and know that Islam is not a race and that it's a form of fascism deliberately dressed up as a religion to force the target to lower its guard or face the charge of religious persecution and bigotry. Just as the morons in Europe have done and the American morons want to copy.

You obviously don't understand IQ tests..

Oh, I understand them very well indeed...and anyone who thinks that reliable comparisons may be made between any two countries with wildly different cultures...simply hasn't a clue.

What's more, IQ tests do not measure how honest a person is, or how hard a worker that person is, much less how determined, how driven that person is to succeed in life, or how well that person can lead others to prosper in their own lives. If familiarity breeds contempt, then I am contemptuous indeed of IQ tests of any stripe.

Oh, I understand them very well indeed...and anyone who thinks that reliable comparisons may be made between any two countries with wildly different cultures...simply hasn't a clue.

What's more, IQ tests do not measure how honest a person is, or how hard a worker that person is, much less how determined, how driven that person is to succeed in life, or how well that person can lead others to prosper in their own lives. If familiarity breeds contempt, then I am contemptuous indeed of IQ tests of any stripe.

The science doesn't fit your agenda so it must be ignored..

IQ tests measure a persons reasoning ability.. Just because people from different places aren't capable of reasoning as well as others doesn't mean the IQ test does not accurately measure their ability to reason.

The science doesn't fit your agenda so it must be ignored..

IQ tests measure a persons reasoning ability.. Just because people from different places aren't capable of reasoning as well as others doesn't mean the IQ test does not accurately measure their ability to reason.

AGAIN, IQ tests do not measure how honest a person is, or how hard a worker that person is, much less how determined, how driven that person is to succeed in life, or how well that person can lead others to prosper in their own lives. If you can't grasp the importance of that, then I can't help you...and I doubt that anyone could.

AGAIN, IQ tests do not measure how honest a person is, or how hard a worker that person is, much less how determined, how driven that person is to succeed in life, or how well that person can lead others to prosper in their own lives. If you can't grasp the importance of that, then I can't help you...and I doubt that anyone could.

Strawman.. An IQ test DOES NOT measure those things, or even attempt to..

It is a measure of intelligence, plain and simple..

It does not matter how honest, determined, driven, or how hard working a person is when it comes to intelligence. They could be all of those things and still a box of rocks..

Strawman.. An IQ test DOES NOT measure those things, or even attempt to..

It is a measure of intelligence, plain and simple..

It does not matter how honest, determined, driven, or how hard working a person is when it comes to intelligence. They could be all of those things and still a box of rocks..

PRECISELY. An IQ test does not measure "those things". The premise of the OP was that (an apparently primary) requirement for immigration would be to pass an IQ test, and all I did was show how short-sighted, how ill thought-out that suggestion was.

And having supervised my fair share of grown men and women over the years, I'd much rather have a not-so-smart person who's honest and hard working ANY DAY over a highly-intelligent lazy bum. Besides, I found out a long time ago that with the right kind of training and the right kind of system, even those who are not so bright can competently perform highly complex tasks.

So you can keep your eugenics-heavy immigration plan - I'll keep the one that lets the whole spectrum in.

Last time immigration was good for the U.S. was when it was known as brain drain. This is when and why I was allowed to immigrate, for which I have been eternally grateful ever since. Under those rules, the primary beneficiary was the country. Any benefits going to the immigrants were totally irrelevant.

Now, you got soft, stupid, and suicidal with the gates wide open, and the only benefits that matter are for the hordes of illiterate surplus people no other country wants.

All that talk about IQ is bs. When an immigrant has a BSEE, MSEE, or Ph.D. you don't need to worry about his IQ, as someone else already did it for you.

If you choose to comment, please don't use the word "tomato", or "cotton". Your ancestors already tried that rationalization, so you should know how that moronic idea eventually played up.

Crimes by immigrants are 100% preventable. Just don't let them in.

Last edited:
Last time immigration was good for the U.S. was when it was known as brain drain. This is when and why I was allowed to immigrate, for which I have been eternally grateful ever since. Under those rules, the primary beneficiary was the country. Any benefits going to the immigrants were totally irrelevant.

Now, you got soft, stupid, and suicidal with the gates wide open, and the only benefits that matter are for the hordes of surplus people no other country wants.

All that talk about IQ is bs. When an immigrant has a BSEE, MSEE, or Ph.D. you don't need to worry about his IQ, as someone else already did it for you.

If you choose to comment, please don't use the word "tomato", or "cotton". Your ancestors already tried that rationalization, so you should know how that moronic idea ended up.

One would think you'd have learned to be more proficient in the language by now.

~ Never mind. I don't debate liberals.

You know this is a debate site right? If you just want to talk to people who agree with you and share your views then you're going to be disappointed.

You know this is a debate site right? If you just want to talk to people who agree with you and share your views then you're going to be disappointed.

Disagreeing is fine and I like people who disagree with me. Without them I would be talking to myself.

In my last post (#19) I wrote what I think about the single, most critical issue this country faces - immigration. So what do I get from a liberal, who most likely doesn't like my post?

Not a single comment about what I wrote. A liberal writes that I am not proficient in English.

Quoting Infinite Chaos: "Small minds discuss people". To that liberal, my bad English is the subject worth discussing.

Last edited:

Excellent idea. And I also think anyone already here, legal or not, should be deported if they can't pass that test.

Check that... anyone who can't achieve a score of my level or higher should be deported.

I want to have at least a small group that will still talk to me...;)

If naturally born citizens score below 95, they should be forced to leave.

Back
Top Bottom